Brandon Marshall tells Davone Bess that Bess will have a pro bowl year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall tells Davone Bess that Bess will have a pro bowl year

I personally want Bess to be a million times better than Welker, for the simple fact of how Wes threw us under the bus when he was traded. Also, CK wasn't Bess like second in the league converting 3rd downs to first. Is he not already Henne's go to guy. Not knocking you or anything, just asking?

Well I don't mean taking off as in running 60 yards and scoring, I mean that by he does his move and then runs forward. A bit hard to explain, but Welker is the more elusive/run around you guy and Bess is the more straight ahead guy.

got ya on that, miami;s biggest weakness has been recievers making yards on their own.

Bess and Camarillo have always been excellent components in the passing game, our problem hasn't been that we had no good receivers, more that we had no one who could even approach being great. With Marshall around to be the everything guy, we're going to see Bess and Camarillo shine in the roles that they were meant to play in the NFL as possession receivers, where they can certainly be some of the most reliable in the game.

CK said
"1. At this point in his career Wes Welker had 29 catches for 431 yards and 0 TDs to his name. Davone Bess has 130 catches for 1312 yards and 3 TDs. And don't give me any sob stories about Welker's humble beginnings, because let's face it Bess' beginnings were just as humble. They both were UDFAs after being really productive college players.

You have to think back, it's easy to compare Welker NOW with what he's accomplished, to Bess now when he's only a 2nd year player. But to be fair you have to think back to what Welker had shown us after his 2nd year in the pros. I think that if you knew nothing about Wes Welker's future and you were to rip him out of the past and put him next to Davone Bess right now, everyone here would hands down rate Bess the better football player."

One thing about what you say makes it quite hard to compare early stats for Welker because he had two legitmate NFL starting caliber players starting over him while Bess in Miami maybe had one in Camirillo while Ginn was not a starter with Chambers here.

Im pretty sure with the group of receivers here the past two years that Welker would have had more receptions.

One thing about what you say makes it quite hard to compare early stats for Welker because he had two legitmate NFL starting caliber players starting over him while Bess in Miami maybe had one in Camirillo while Ginn was not a starter with Chambers here.

Im pretty sure with the group of receivers here the past two years that Welker would have had more receptions.

That is crazy. Two starting receivers playing in front of him or not -- was he not cut from San Diego? You can't say he looked better, you would have to make a great case just to say he had anywhere near the potential at this stage in his career as Bess.

As for Bess, the third year is huge for receivers. Bess has already shown more polish as a rookie than some in their third. He could seriously break out this year, especially with attention that Marshall will command. If its from the #2 or the slot, he is going to get his catches. This may be the year that he starts turning more into TDs.

He was caught in a numbers game in San Diego. He lost out on the return role to Darren Sproles. This was his best way to make team. San diego had two very experienced receivers in McCardell and Parker. They also had Vincent Jackson and Malcom Floyd.
Kassim Osgood was one of the best special teams players in the league. Add that to Reche Caldwell thier 2nd round pick from a few years earlier looking like he was ready to step up. Once he lost out in the return duel his fate was sealed.

What is a bit ironic going into this year compared to last year is that Bess was the only reliable starting reciever on the roster last year at the beginning of the season. Ginn was a hopeful, Hartline was a unproven and Greg C was still not healthy. The phins were forced to use Bess more wide than in the slot where he is more dangerous. Overall we were pretty one diminisional at the start of last year relying on the running game for our offense which really took a pounding after batteling Indy and New Orleans to a standstill. Throw also in the fact that later we lost Cobbs early, then Brown mid stream and played max protection starting in week 5 to help protect Henne starting at QB our offense was really a mess. This year barring injuries in the preseason we should open up relying on our passing game much more than the runnning game. In reality this year looks like a inversion of last year with Brown and Cobbs as unknown factors coming back from their injuries and Ricky's age. Still we should be much more well rounded as a overall team on offense really only missing part being a stud TE. On defence it is kind of the same way we appeared really solid goinig in at OLB and FS and this year both positions are an unknown. Rereading a prediction from CK regarding Will Allen play FS certainly is looking more plausible to at least fill the FS gap early in the year. Msi should be able to fill in at least comparablity or better for Porter which leaves us Jason Taylors shoes to fill. Pretty much we have the same cast back from last year at the OLB position which mainly played as backups and outside of Wakes pass rush did not show much. I just wonder if we might not see Dobbins, Crowder, Msi and Dansby all on the field at the same time at the start of the season for one of our basic packages. Later mixing in Edds and Wake to take advantage of their talents plus let them grow into their positions. I just do not see Moses, Anderson, Walden, McCoy or Spitler getting on the field based either on last year prodcution in the NFL or production in college.

I think the most incredible thing is how much Henne was able to do with the supporting cast last year and keep his team in games and have comeback wins. For Henne to show he can win games without a superstar which most young QBs need is amazing.

What is a bit ironic going into this year compared to last year is that Bess was the only reliable starting reciever on the roster last year at the beginning of the season. Ginn was a hopeful, Hartline was a unproven and Greg C was still not healthy. The phins were forced to use Bess more wide than in the slot where he is more dangerous. Overall we were pretty one diminisional at the start of last year relying on the running game for our offense which really took a pounding after batteling Indy and New Orleans to a standstill. Throw also in the fact that later we lost Cobbs early, then Brown mid stream and played max protection starting in week 5 to help protect Henne starting at QB our offense was really a mess. This year barring injuries in the preseason we should open up relying on our passing game much more than the runnning game. In reality this year looks like a inversion of last year with Brown and Cobbs as unknown factors coming back from their injuries and Ricky's age. Still we should be much more well rounded as a overall team on offense really only missing part being a stud TE. On defence it is kind of the same way we appeared really solid goinig in at OLB and FS and this year both positions are an unknown. Rereading a prediction from CK regarding Will Allen play FS certainly is looking more plausible to at least fill the FS gap early in the year. Msi should be able to fill in at least comparablity or better for Porter which leaves us Jason Taylors shoes to fill. Pretty much we have the same cast back from last year at the OLB position which mainly played as backups and outside of Wakes pass rush did not show much. I just wonder if we might not see Dobbins, Crowder, Msi and Dansby all on the field at the same time at the start of the season for one of our basic packages. Later mixing in Edds and Wake to take advantage of their talents plus let them grow into their positions. I just do not see Moses, Anderson, Walden, McCoy or Spitler getting on the field based either on last year prodcution in the NFL or production in college.

Thats one thing I have been saying I definately expect dobbins path to starter may be through Dansby moving outside because of the OLB's

Dansby won't play OLB in the 3-4. Bank on that.

I wouldnt bank on that with the inexperience we have along with mediocre Charlie Anderson possibbly starting but we shall see. I remember people poo pooing on Roth playing OLB and guess what happened. I actually was one of them lol. I dont expect our OLB to be that good that quick this year and I know Nolan will do whats best for the team if need be. If our OLB's struggle as I think they might it would be much better to play Dansby there.

I wouldnt bank on that with the inexperience we have along with mediocre Charlie Anderson possibbly starting but we shall see. I remember people poo pooing on Roth playing OLB and guess what happened. I actually was one of them lol. I dont expect our OLB to be that good that quick this year and I know Nolan will do whats best for the team if need be.

I wasn't. I thought Roth could play OLB in the 3-4. I've taken a pretty hard 16 game look at Karlos Dansby and I'm saying it, he won't be playing 3-4 OLB on any kind of full time basis. He might swing out to the outside in a rush position, that'll be a pre-snap thing, he might line up wide of the actual 3-4 OLB, that'll just be a matter of covering the Y receiver, but he's not going to be Miami's WOLB or SOLB. You don't have to believe me if you don't want to. But I'm not going to be wrong, not on this one. I'd be flat shocked if Miami actually switched his position that way. He'd be worse there than some of the guys we have on roster.

Its not a matter of believing anybody. Noone can say what will actually happen until the bullets fly. I just dont see Nolan not doing that if our inexperienced linebackers struggle. I predict they will have some hiccups this year. Moses, Misi and Wake all have alot to prove as OLB's. Charlie Anderson has already proven himself, unfortunately he is proven not very good. Not to mention if one of our starting linebackers gets hurt I would much rather have Dobbins start than Anderson. I also doubt that Dansby would be a worse OLB in the three 4 than many of the guys on our roster. Not sure why you feel he cant play outside. He is basically same size as Misi and Wake is as fast if not faster than them.

Back
Top Bottom