Brandon Marshall tells Davone Bess that Bess will have a pro bowl year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall tells Davone Bess that Bess will have a pro bowl year

How about lets give bess a chance to work in the slot with a no.1 WR. Then we will see for ourselves.

U are right but I see his numbers dropping with Marshall here.

Like Bess, but - at this point - you can't say he's better than Welker.

at this precise point... He is, Welker tore his ACL and MCL in week 17, (January) so taking into account that it takes from 12 to 18 months to fully recover from that injury.. I would say that he won't even play this year and if he does, he won't be close to 100 %..
Welker, 29, Will be fully recovered when he is 30 years old...

Bess has body control that is rare, even rare to find in the NFL. Its utterly amazing.

Bess also has one of the best forms I have seen in some time catching the ball, its picture perfect everytime and he makes it seems like slow motion while looking the ball in each time.

I see Bess getting 60-80 catches this year.

IMHO, Welker doesn't get the respect that he deserves around the league, because he is a short skinny white guy. It's that simple. White receivers are almost always characterized as overachievers, never as talented studs.

Welker is a football player who is BETTER than all but a few in the league, and the numbers prove it. Football GM's aren't geniuses. Most really whiffed on this guy.

even though i think bess will have a good year, look out for hartline

Welker is shiftier and more elusive than Bess. Welker's acceleration is amazing Bess is good but he doesn't have Welker type quickness and acceleration.
Right now Welker doesnt have Welker acceleration. Whos knows how his knee is going to react.

Quick question. When chosing the pro-bowl...do they even have a category for "slot?" Or, is it just "WR." If it is just WR, it will take a lot more to get chosen. Also, no matter whether anyone thinks Welker or Bess is better, Bess has to deal with "name recognition." Most people out there voting (fans anyway) do it for a great extent just based on who they have heard of. In this case, Welker will aleady have a ballot lead before the season even begins....that's just the way it is.

IMHO, Welker doesn't get the respect that he deserves around the league, because he is a short skinny white guy. It's that simple. White receivers are almost always characterized as overachievers, never as talented studs.

Welker is a football player who is BETTER than all but a few in the league, and the numbers prove it. Football GM's aren't geniuses. Most really whiffed on this guy.

While I agree with you on the credit issue I disagree with you at least a bit as far as the pure physical talent is concerned. Now when I mention pure physical talent I am leaving out the areas of phyiscal toughness, mental smarts,mental toughness and the abilility to stay healthy.
Let's compare Ginn and Wess for a minute. Not even close Ginn wins hands down on God given physcial talent. Physcial toughness Wess wins as Ginn avoids contact. Mental smarts I am going to say even. Mental toughness is where Wes really wins hands down. Ability to stay healthy draw even with Wes injured now as he is older than Ginn. So most of us measure the pure physical talent of a player but it is the mental side of the game in the mental toughness that you usually find a player like Wes who is more talented.
I think we see the same thing between Turner and Hartline.
\

Quick question. When chosing the pro-bowl...do they even have a category for "slot?" Or, is it just "WR." If it is just WR, it will take a lot more to get chosen. Also, no matter whether anyone thinks Welker or Bess is better, Bess has to deal with "name recognition." Most people out there voting (fans anyway) do it for a great extent just based on who they have heard of. In this case, Welker will aleady have a ballot lead before the season even begins....that's just the way it is.

Right now its not even a debate who is better. The only people that would even try that debate are dolphin fans. Over a 110 receptions three years in a row is something thats has never been done before.. The big problem for players like Welker is that since they are not combine type studs people overlook what they accomplish. In a season where he missed games and basically only played 13 games he had the second most receptions ever in the NFL and still people act like he is just a product of the system.

brett favre has just announced tavaris jackson will make the pro bowl. equally important & even more interesting brett favre had bacon & eggs for breakfast.

Right now its not even a debate who is better. The only people that would even try that debate are dolphin fans. Over a 110 receptions three years in a row is something thats has never been done before.. The big problem for players like Welker is that since they are not combine type studs people overlook what they accomplish. In a season where he missed games and basically only played 13 games he had the second most receptions ever in the NFL and still people act like he is just a product of the system.

You're preaching to choir. I am one who still thinks that losing Welker was huge loss for this team...and I don't buy all the "product of the system" crap. From my perspective, anyone could see that Welker was great...it was just the team around him that sucked.

Back
Top Bottom