Brandon Marshall TO Dolphins Rumors Are Flying! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall TO Dolphins Rumors Are Flying!

I'll believe it when I see it. Our personnel people have been sitting around with their fingers in their noses since we signed Dansby. We have a jillion holes to fill and yet we do nothing about it.
i agree i have faith in our f.o. but sometimes i wonder.

all i know is our name has come up pretty much as being interested for everybody...and other than karlos dansby we've done jack squat!!!

In free agency, our team's not going to amount to JACK SQUAT!!!!

d_7445-1.jpg

All the smoke is going to make my head explode. The Miami Misinformation Machine is in full gear.

This is like the ascent on a really hyped up roller coaster. Either it's really thrilling on the way down, or the buildup was the best part.

I dont think our staff is willing to give away picks without getting one back.... If we can get ginn dealt I definately believe this will happen... i want it to... Either Marshall or Dez has down. Berry wont be there.. drafting a NT so high isnt what I think we want to do... the draft is deep at LB, safety as well.. dez is the best value at that spot hands down, Earl thomas ? ehhh a 20 year old starter?

Last edited by a moderator:
we won't give up picks cuz this f.o. is to scared to take risks.

I know,But they've wasted a 2nd on Pat White and a 3rd on Patrick Turner. So I think a 2nd or 3rd for a young pro bowl receiver is worth a risk.Chances we trade for him are prolly 1%,if that,which is a shame(especially if the pats get him somehow).

It is completely possible...that we already have an offer on the table for BMarsh, but it is not helpful at all for either team for that to become public...Broncos dont want people trading up to take Dez and we want everyone to think Dez is a possiblity...
Not saying it is very likely, but it wouldnt be very smart for either team to do the trade before the draft (or their pick) actually happens...

Just imagine if we traded are second for Marshall
Trade Smiley for a 4th
Trade Thigpen,Cam/Ginn for a 4th
Trade down and picked up a second
Draft after we trade for marshall

Or imagine if we trade for Marshall and Berry falls to 12!!! That will be a dream come true!!!

I dont think our staff is willing to give away picks without getting one back.... If we can get ginn dealt I definately believe this will happen... i want it to... Either Marshall or Dez has down. Berry wont be there.. drafting a NT so high isnt what I think we want to do... the draft is deep at LB, safety as well.. dez is the best value at that spot hands down, Earl thomas ? ehhh a 20 year old starter?

Agreed. which is why I said earlier...

Dolphins send their 2nd rd pick along with G Justin Smiley to Denver for Brandon Marshall and their 5th rd pick. Dolphins need a WR and a 5th rd pick and the Broncos have two 5th rd picks and need G/C help.

I know,But they've wasted a 2nd on Pat White and a 3rd on Patrick Turner. So I think a 2nd or 3rd for a young pro bowl receiver is worth a risk.Chances we trade for him are prolly 1%,if that,which is a shame(especially if the pats get him somehow).

pat turner, might be a wasted pick...he didnt get any yards for us last year.. pat white wasnt a wasted pick.., I think he gained some yards for us...

Best case scenario:

1. Acquire Marshall for our second round pick and Tedd Ginn
2. Trade down with Dallas sending them our first for their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ( market price according to the draft trade value chart).

Outcome = we gain an extra pick (although we pick 15 spots lower in rounds 1 and 2) and we add Marshall

Realistic? Absolutely...these trades make sense for every team involved and everyone is happy.

Just imagine if we traded are second for Marshall
Trade Smiley for a 4th
Trade Thigpen,Cam/Ginn for a 4th
Trade down and picked up a second
Draft after we trade for marshall

Or imagine if we trade for Marshall and Berry falls to 12!!! That will be a dream come true!!!

Let's say the FO wants Graham or Kindle in the 1st round anyways, and they can trade down a bit, get a 2nd, and still get him. Then giving a 2nd for Marshall is almost like getting him for free.

THAT would be truly a Trifecta-esque move.

Give em Smiley and 2nd, n then Trade Cam n Thigpen for 3rd to someone

I just realized how much trade bait we actually have on this team..is that good or bad?

Back
Top Bottom