Brandon Marshall will be traded | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall will be traded

Looks like he's heading to Seattle, either way we can all give up the wet dream of getting Marshall, theres no way we pursue him if we didnt offer more than a 5th for Holmes earlier. Marshall presents an even riskier move for our front office, I believe this all stems back to Dallas' experience with T.O. Seems he ruined it for us. If we make any move it is for Dez in the draft, if not we're staring at the same receiving corps next season minus Teddy Ginn. A 2nd and a future 3rd seems appropriate for BM if we're talking price, I'll even throw in Crowder if they really need LB help in Denver.

I just made a thread about this 2 days ago. I would trade a 2nd for him. It's worth the risk. Hell, Ricky stopped smoking the green stuff after meeting with the Tuna ;)

They just said again on nfl network miami could be laying in the weeds close behind, ready to make a move for marshall. We just can not stop being tied to marshall....

Thank you, :hi5::hi5:

Im not saying Holmes is the better WR, what I am saying is Holmes is more proven. He won the SB, he is a SB MVP. The guy was a hero for the Steelers.

Marshall is no doubt better just look at his stats, but Marshall does not have a ring, he does not have the big catch to win the biggest game of them all and he is not a Super Bowl MVP. Nor has he proven he can help take his team to a Superbowl, where Santonio has.

We are talking about proving you can accomplish it all, something Holmes has done. We are not talking about stats or being better than each other.
You're logic still seems flawed. Just because Holmes has improved every year, has been explosive at times, and has played in the playoffs, doesn't make him the more proven WR. If anything I would say Holmes is less proven than Marshall, because Marshall has been the number 1 receiver on his team since his second season. If Marshall had a better QB throwing him the ball he would've had more yards than Holmes.

Wow, he has certainly had his off and on field issues, but to say this guy is overrated is just plain wrong. He's a Top 3 WR in the league and anyone that would argue that really has not seen him play.

Haha. Ah, absolutes. And I trust you've got a few spreadsheets loaded with every snap of his from last year, right?

Marshall is absolutely overrated. I mean, the guy averaged 11.1 yards per reception last year.

That's just .1 more per reception than Greg Camarillo, for chrissakes. Now don't get me wrong, the guy is big and talented, but he's not much more than a T.J. Houshmanzadeh. He won't solve our WR problems by any stretch.

The regime is not trading for Brandon Marshall. End of story. We have to stop hurting ourselves over this, lol.

We shouldn't even both posting topics regarding a Marshall trade. He will never be a Dolphin.

Restricted free agent Brandon Marshall signed his $2.5 million tender Tuesday "to facilitate trade talks between the Broncos and other teams."
Mission accomplished for coach Josh McDaniels, who spoke to Marshall via telephone earlier in the day. The Broncos are unwilling to commit big money to Marshall long term, and they don't want to deal with a malcontent throughout the 2010 season. Trade talks are expected to heat up this week, with Seattle as the most ardent suitor. The Dolphins could be a darkhorse candidate.

www.rotoworld.com

If we get Marshall..We could be like, we could be like, we would be like...

Phins fans would say take that FATTY AND JESTS!!!!!!!!!

Brandon Marshall would definitely take our offense to another level by opening up all kinds of room for Bess, Hartline, and Camarillo. But this isnt a move our FO would make, I am convinced of it. I just hope and pray that the Patriots don't trade one of their 85 2nd rd picks for him because that would just be unfair. I'd rather them draft a badass OLB in the 2nd lol...I do not understand why so many people think we are some type of darkhorse. This guy is the antithesis of the type of character we have on the squad. But boy can he play!

Everyone just needs to accept the fact that this organization is holding out for Scott Long in the 7th round. He is the answer to all of our problems.

In all seriousness, even if the Dolphins don't flinch at getting Brandon Marshall, just talking about it makes me feel better about there being some semblence of hope in regards to us filling the #1 WR spot.

Im not saying Holmes is the better WR, what I am saying is Holmes is more proven. He won the SB, he is a SB MVP. The guy was a hero for the Steelers.

Marshall is no doubt better just look at his stats, but Marshall does not have a ring, he does not have the big catch to win the biggest game of them all and he is not a Super Bowl MVP. Nor has he proven he can help take his team to a Superbowl, where Santonio has.

We are talking about proving you can accomplish it all, something Holmes has done. We are not talking about stats or being better than each other.
That is not the definition of proven. T.O., Moss, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald aren't as proven as Holmes then, right?

Back
Top Bottom