Breaking News: Justin Smiley traded to Jags, pending physical | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking News: Justin Smiley traded to Jags, pending physical

I bet the deal for the pick would only be if he made the 53 man roster. Which is still better than nothing

Culver has man the dime back position before, It is nothing new.

If Fins don't make a move at Safety I want to see if Carroll can switch to safety, Sparano stress he is an extremely smart player and very athletically gifted. A lot of draft sites had him as Safety/Corner.

from what it sounds like, they want to develop him as a press CB.

I agree. Jake Grove could be next. You're production most match you're pay. I don't think we make a play for Atogwe. I think the roster is set and that people like Reggie Torbor, Jake Grove, and other players with big contracts and limited roles better be on watch.

I agree, but I really think the guy that is being overlooked as a someone who might get dumped for lack of production is Channing Crowder. Plus the front office added four new middle linebackers ( Edds, Dobbins, Spitler, Dansby) this offseason.

JasonLaCanfora

If Justin Smiley passes a physical with Jags, Miami gets a 7th round pick in return. More on NFL.com

Dolphins OG Justin Smiley, whose trade to Jacksonville is pending, will reportedly undergo a physical Monday morning.

According to the Miami Herald's Jeff Darlington, the trade was supposed to be done on Friday, but Smiley has yet to pass his medical. Smiley hasn't had to take a physical since his exit exam at the end of the season. He'll stay with the Dolphins, and probably be released on May 28, if he can't pass. The Jaguars may as well wait it out and try to sign him more cheaply. If he does pass, NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports the Fins will get a seventh-round pick.

www.rotoworld.com

A 7th round pick is pretty sad. Smiley is going to be one of the best OL the jags have when healthy.

all i know is if i was an oc sitting up in the booth and saw a tyrone culver matched up with a wr in the dime package as a cb i'd attack the hell out of it and make him prove himself in coverage...

to me its a target...

Its true but unfortunately he just doesnt fit what theyve got going with the interior of our line right now. We simply cant use him nearly as much as his price tag says he would be worth. Hell play great in Jax i believe barring injury, but well have to live with a 7th its somethin anyway.

Bet on Smiley passing because, well, teams have wide latitude on what constitutes a passing and failing physical outside of a positive drug test. Consider that Brandon Marshall passed a Miami physical recently ... and then required hip surgery.
Consider that Daunte Culpepper once upon a time passed a Miami physical after being traded from Minnesota and his surgically repaired knee was nowhere near 100 percent. Or 80 percent.
So if the Jags want Smiley, they will get Smiley because the physical is something they can pretty much grade on a curve if they wish.
Yippie, Dolphins will get a seventh-round pick!

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...ysicals-and-7thround-picks.html#ixzz0ouacDcvi

You know I am gonna vent, I really wish our local journalist put more emphasis in their work, cause what they are doing sucks. Members on this site find more news in a day than Salguero, Berardino and Kelly put together. Darlington has been on vacation since the Draft. How do these guys get paid for this, when they don't do jack.

A 7th round pick is pretty sad. Smiley is going to be one of the best OL the jags have when healthy.

How? a 7th is better than just cutting him and letting it be, or keeping him on the roster and paying him a whole bunch of money to be injured.

And your statement isn't saying much. I can say Bob Sanders is a top-tier safety when healthy, but what does it matter when that occurrence is rare?

Smiley, physicals and 7th-round picks

Anyway, if Smiley passes his physical today, the Dolphins will garner from the Jacksonville Jaguars one whole, exciting seventh round pick in the 2011 draft.
If Smiley does not somehow pass his physical, the Dolphins will strongly consider simply releasing him before the start of Friday's minicamp.
Bet on Smiley passing because, well, teams have wide latitude on what constitutes a passing and failing physical outside of a positive drug test. Consider that Brandon Marshall passed a Miami physical recently ... and then required hip surgery.
Consider that Daunte Culpepper once upon a time passed a Miami physical after being traded from Minnesota and his surgically repaired knee was nowhere near 100 percent. Or 80 percent.
So if the Jags want Smiley, they will get Smiley because the physical is something they can pretty much grade on a curve if they wish.
Yippie, Dolphins will get a seventh-round pick!
Bring on the minicamp.
Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...ysicals-and-7thround-picks.html#ixzz0ovEG0b4u

Back
Top Bottom