Brilliant article on Wallace and Ireland | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brilliant article on Wallace and Ireland

Darlington is currently on the radio show on dolphins.com talking about Wallace, it seems the Dolphins are all in on Wallace and have been for some time.

Why can't people have it both ways? At the time Flynn was brought in, Matt Moore was the only veteran QB on the roster and team wanted to atleast bring in some competition for him and Flynn was thought to be the most logical choice since he was familiar with the offense being installed.

There is no revisionist history going on. Once again, Flynn was not viewed by anyone as god awful when Ireland tried to sign him. The fact that Flynn was beat out for the starting job in Seattle by Wilson does not make him god awful or anything else.

Yes Flynn was brought in. Yes Flynn was offered a contract the Ireland felt he was worth and Flynn decided to go elsewhere. If Ireland doesn't get credit for sticking to his guns, then who does?

Well, okay, i suppose people can have it both ways. That Ireland is a genius because he passed on Flynn and hes a genius because he tried to sign Flynn. And no doubt Flynn was viewed as a stud when Miami was trying to sign him. And unsurprisingly, those same people viewed Flynn as hot garbage when he refused to sign with us. After all, Flynn was only brought up in this thread after someone pegged him into the "bad quarterback" catagory and suggested Ireland did a good job by not signing him.

But as long as posters are so blatantly backwards and hilarious, i'll keep pointing it out. We all must stay amused.

Personally, i liked Flynn. I still like Flynn. I thought we should have signed him and still do. Even had we signed him, i still would have advocated drafting a quarterback in the first round. Im for drafting another quarterback this year(in a late round). Then again, my opinion doesnt do a complete 180 based on what our general manager does.

WallIace would be a great deep threat but at WHAT price is he worth having??? I DONT want another Brandon marshall type BUST

WallIace would be a great deep threat but at WHAT price is he worth having??? I DONT want another Brandon marshall type BUST

Marshall as a player was never a bust here, us signing a guy who was always trouble and expecting less is the bust, horrible decision by Ireland on all accounts

Fact is, Ireland has screwed up bigtime (Naanee) among others, and he has also scored big. The latest if Tannehill. There isnt a soul in the league who doesnt recognize that Tannehill was anything but raw. Lacking experience, yeah, but not raw.

And I see people here continue to live in the past with Ireland. Well, the future is now. This is his moment and he set it up this way. It is why he is still here. He provided a plan and roadmap for Ross and it was probably very detailed and involved any situation of HC who came in. He was flexible with who the HC would be and would marry the ideas of player makeup. So whatever happened in the past is just that, the past, everyone in this world evovles and learns and gets better. Clearly, the guy has gotten better once he gets the right management around him and they work collaboratively. Sparano and Parsells are gone. They have no hold on what we do here. That is why I stay positive on Ireland. He finds gems. He goes deep. He makes mistakes, but he also has scored lately (Pouncey, Martin, Tannehill, Jones, Hartline, and done pretty good in FA minus one terrible blemish in Naanee).

Well, okay, i suppose people can have it both ways. That Ireland is a genius because he passed on Flynn and hes a genius because he tried to sign Flynn. And no doubt Flynn was viewed as a stud when Miami was trying to sign him. And unsurprisingly, those same people viewed Flynn as hot garbage when he refused to sign with us. After all, Flynn was only brought up in this thread after someone pegged him into the "bad quarterback" catagory and suggested Ireland did a good job by not signing him.

But as long as posters are so blatantly backwards and hilarious, i'll keep pointing it out. We all must stay amused.

Personally, i liked Flynn. I still like Flynn. I thought we should have signed him and still do. Even had we signed him, i still would have advocated drafting a quarterback in the first round. Im for drafting another quarterback this year(in a late round). Then again, my opinion doesnt do a complete 180 based on what our general manager does.

Well my opinion never changed. I never wanted any of those QBs. As for Flynn, the thought process on that one, is backward. The guy wasn't worth the contract he was offered then, and isn't the player he thought he was now.

But hey, I'm not a pro Ireland guy. I just think people like you, don't give enough credit when its due, and place all the blame when things are bad. Its damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. This offseason needs to be a success. If not you and many like you, will have your new GM next year. And with it. More bitching.

There is no evidence Flynn is a bad player anyway, sure he was beat out by a rookie but that rookie went on to have the best statistical season ever for a rookie and led his team to the second round of the playoffs.

There is no evidence Flynn is a bad player anyway, sure he was beat out by a rookie but that rookie went on to have the best statistical season ever for a rookie and led his team to the second round of the playoffs.

I never wanted Flynn but u speak the truth.

Yeah I remember after Wilson was named the starter some joker here created a thread titled something like "good thing we didn't sign Flynn, he couldn't even beat out Russel freaking Wilson. AHAHAHA"

That thread really rubbed me the wrong way because I would have been happy signing Flynn AND Wilson was the QB I wanted us to draft.

Yeah I remember after Wilson was named the starter some joker here created a thread titled something like "good thing we didn't sign Flynn, he couldn't even beat out Russel freaking Wilson. AHAHAHA"

That thread really rubbed me the wrong way because I would have been happy signing Flynn AND Wilson was the QB I wanted us to draft.

People are so inconsistent on the board. They think Moore is awesome but Garrard sucks( although they trust the coach that had Garrard as starter over Moore)
Jake Long was so much a better pick than Ryan but they wont pay over 7 million for him.
A year ago Bush was going to challenge the 2000 yard mark now he is a scrub.

People are so inconsistent on the board. They think Moore is awesome but Garrard sucks( although they trust the coach that had Garrard as starter over Moore)
Jake Long was so much a better pick than Ryan but they wont pay over 7 million for him.
A year ago Bush was going to challenge the 2000 yard mark now he is a scrub.

Yup, Bush is the funny one for me. People praise Ireland for making that great trade, Bush goes on to exceed everybody's expectations and now he's not even worth resigning for what would basically be the same money.

Yup, Bush is the funny one for me. People praise Ireland for making that great trade, Bush goes on to exceed everybody's expectations and now he's not even worth resigning for what would basically be the same money.

So correct and they want to replace him with a guy that took maybe 10 meaningful snaps in a game

I love how you guys generalize a few opinions into "lol @ Finheaven posters say this...", "Finheaven say that...". :lol:

My goodness, if you aren't complaining about the front office did 5-10 years ago, you're complaining about what some posters on Finheaven feel about Reggie Bush and twist in into the overwhelming majority opinion around here. :bobdole:

Fact is, Ireland has screwed up bigtime (Naanee) among others, and he has also scored big. The latest if Tannehill. There isnt a soul in the league who doesnt recognize that Tannehill was anything but raw. Lacking experience, yeah, but not raw.

And I see people here continue to live in the past with Ireland. Well, the future is now. This is his moment and he set it up this way. It is why he is still here. He provided a plan and roadmap for Ross and it was probably very detailed and involved any situation of HC who came in. He was flexible with who the HC would be and would marry the ideas of player makeup. So whatever happened in the past is just that, the past, everyone in this world evovles and learns and gets better. Clearly, the guy has gotten better once he gets the right management around him and they work collaboratively. Sparano and Parsells are gone. They have no hold on what we do here. That is why I stay positive on Ireland. He finds gems. He goes deep. He makes mistakes, but he also has scored lately (Pouncey, Martin, Tannehill, Jones, Hartline, and done pretty good in FA minus one terrible blemish in Naanee).

We live in the past with him because past behavior is a predictor of future behavior. He has to prove us wrong, not the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom