Brilliant article on Wallace and Ireland | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brilliant article on Wallace and Ireland

There is no evidence Flynn is a bad player anyway, sure he was beat out by a rookie but that rookie went on to have the best statistical season ever for a rookie and led his team to the second round of the playoffs.

That's the evidence. All the records came after he beat out Flynn.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Jeff Darlington talking about Wallace and FA.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/audio/Inside-Free-Agency-With-Jeff-Darlington/ac4f4ddd-7237-4d84-b573-81501c450dc7

don't want him.it will cost too much,plus he drops the ball way to often. if he had sure hands pay the man.

damn that was a good article. Cant wait for tuesday!

Well my opinion never changed. I never wanted any of those QBs. As for Flynn, the thought process on that one, is backward. The guy wasn't worth the contract he was offered then, and isn't the player he thought he was now.

But hey, I'm not a pro Ireland guy. I just think people like you, don't give enough credit when its due, and place all the blame when things are bad. Its damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. This offseason needs to be a success. If not you and many like you, will have your new GM next year. And with it. More bitching.

Can you provide proof that Ross will fire Ireland? I havent seen any indication of that.

Dont need to answer that, it was rhetorical. Theres been no indication that Ross will fire Ireland and even if his contract is expiring(which im hesitant to believe) Ross has made more puzzling moves. Like extending Sparano.

By all means, i would love to be proven wrong this offseason. Make me eat crow Ireland. I'll publically bask in my "shame" as we moon walk into the playoffs. Get us a playoff berth and heaps of credit will be had by all. But "hope" isnt the same as "expect". I hope Ireland becomes a great gm. I expect us to bomb out this offseason, have another losing season, and listen all next offseason to how "Ireland just got full control, his players that he totally didnt draft but also totally did draft need to get experience, and if we dont make the playoffs in 2014 he'll really be in trouble! No seriously, he will!"

Can you provide proof that Ross will fire Ireland? I havent seen any indication of that.

Dont need to answer that, it was rhetorical. Theres been no indication that Ross will fire Ireland and even if his contract is expiring(which im hesitant to believe) Ross has made more puzzling moves. Like extending Sparano.

By all means, i would love to be proven wrong this offseason. Make me eat crow Ireland. I'll publically bask in my "shame" as we moon walk into the playoffs. Get us a playoff berth and heaps of credit will be had by all. But "hope" isnt the same as "expect". I hope Ireland becomes a great gm. I expect us to bomb out this offseason, have another losing season, and listen all next offseason to how "Ireland just got full control, his players that he totally didnt draft but also totally did draft need to get experience, and if we dont make the playoffs in 2014 he'll really be in trouble! No seriously, he will!"

This post is amazing.

It is a very good read and makes me very excited about the potential addition of Wallace. I just wish next Tuesday would get here already.
Cant we start talking to free agents saturday and agree to a contract then?

I saw where Wallace is rated as the #1 Free Agent. With Miami's track record of underbidding, and the seeming scarcity of quality WRs, I wouldn't be surprised if Wallace's price tag pushes higher than $16m per year. Think about it. There are 31 other teams. All it takes is one other GM who is as desperate as Ireland and you have a bidding war. The net result could be that we get Wallace and pay way more than he's worth or we miss out AGAIN.

We live in the past with him because past behavior is a predictor of future behavior. He has to prove us wrong, not the other way around.
You don't supposed the list of positive drafts (Pouncey, Martin, Tannehill, Jones, Hartline) are an indicator of a positive future? Mind you all those picks happened in the last two years, which is showing Ireland is having a better success in the draft than in those previous years with different management and philosophies. Also, you move on from the past and use it as a learning tool, not dwell on it and live in fear.
cheers.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

That quote you have of Junc is priceless comedy. What a short bus that child is.

That guy "fell forward" almost 90% of his minimal snaps and averaged close to 5 YPC on his "minimal snaps".
'..

in mostly meaningless situations. not say he doesnt have potential but way too much hype based on so little actual evidence.
Many thought the sam about Travis Minor in 2003

Andre Johnson is Houston's prime receiver, not the second banana to Antonio Brown. Considering accelerators just bumped him to $9.5MM, paying Wallace anything more than that is a travesty.

You don't supposed the list of positive drafts (Pouncey, Martin, Tannehill, Jones, Hartline) are an indicator of a positive future? Mind you all those picks happened in the last two years, which is showing Ireland is having a better success in the draft than in those previous years with different management and philosophies. Also, you move on from the past and use it as a learning tool, not dwell on it and live in fear.
cheers.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

That quote you have of Junc is priceless comedy. What a short bus that child is.

If you are going back and claiming Hartline then you have to take all the bad draft picks to that date! Can't just Cherry Pick.

You forgot the "hard schedule" excuse; the schedule this upcoming season isn't anything close to a cupcake. I'm really trying to get excited for this offseason and upcoming season, i really am, but my intuition won't let me.

cheers.

The bad still outweighs the good at this point.

Back
Top Bottom