Bring Henne back 2012! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring Henne back 2012!

JCane most intelligent finheaven fan

Should've unplugged your keyboard right there.

Hindsight my ***. I've been railing Chad Henne from day one. That's foresight.

How can some of you continue to find ways to justify his failures?

You guys sure don't do that with Mark Sanchez. He just sucks right? No one here ever blames the Jets offensive coordinator for Sanchez's struggles. He just sucks. But Chad Henne is being held back by Dan Henning, etc.

Compare Moore's first 4 games since thats when the team was playing at the same level as when Henne was in. Moore wouldn't even be in the conversation.

You really believe that??? C'mon some of you guys have got to be joking with the Chad Henne love. Show me 5games in a row where Henne has maintained a QBR of over 100 or played as well as Moore has just with the eyeball test? When was the last time we beat a bad team with Chad Henne as QB? Chad Henne at the begining of 2011 looks like exactly the same player as he was in 2009 (after there was film on him) lousy. As I said in aonther thread if you don't believe Moore is a franchise QB and don;t even want to give him a chance I'm cool with that. However, its laughable folks can't admit Moore is better than Henne. What did Henne ever do to warrant all this love? I wish I watched that super bowl winning season I missed.

It's also laughable that folks think Henne was playing well before getting injured. 24 points, 7 of which coming from a drive setup from the 11 yeard line, and 400 yards, arguably mostly in garbage time, against the 32nd ranked pass defense in the NFL is playing great? I guess Dan Olavsky is playing great too (383 yards and 2 TD's) maybe we should bring him in to compete with Moore this offseason. 13 points vs houston, great game Henne. Gimme a break.

What's funny is Fiedler and Pennington have won division titles yet there are probably bozos on here that like Chad Henne more. That's funny!

Last edited by a moderator:
You really believe that??? C'mon some of you guys have got to be joking with the Chad Henne love. Show me 5games in a row where Henne has maintained a QBR of over 100 or played as well as Moore has just with the eyeball test? When was the last time we beat a bad team with Chad Henne as QB? Chad Henne at the begining of 2011 looks like exactly the same player as he was in 2009 (after there was film on him) lousy. As I said in aonther thread if you don't believe Moore is a franchise QB and don;t even want to give him a chance I'm cool with that. However, its laughable folks can't admit Moore is better than Henne. What did Henne ever do to warrant all this love? I wish I watched that super bowl winning season I missed.

It's also laughable that folks think Henne was playing well before getting injured. 24 points, 7 of which coming from a drive setup from the 11 yeard line, and 400 yards, arguably mostly in garbage time, against the 32nd ranked pass defense in the NFL is playing great? I guess Dan Olavsky is playing great too (383 yards and 2 TD's) maybe we should bring him in to compete with Moore this offseason. 13 points vs houston, great game Henne. Gimme a break.

What's funny is Fiedler and Pennington have won division titles yet there are probably bozos on here that like Chad Henne more. That's funny!

Read the thread mate.......nobody is saying Henne is a great QB.......highlight one thread that states this!

My argument is, why not have a guy stay, who is one season under the present system, who was showing signs of improvement, showed that during his first 4 games under Daboll he was better than Moore's first 4 games and has competed and played without complaint. Im not saying he should start ahead of Moore. MOORE should be the STARTER, but I am saying I want Henne back as a competent backup.

Mark Sanchez is also a competent backup!

I love guys who only use certain states to backup their argument. And the argument for Fiedler and Pennington flies in the face of how good Marino was.

You keep Moore and draft a QB. I don't see any other options at this point. The Henne experiment is over.

The name Henne seams to bring up a lot of thoughtless comments.

Throughout first 4 games of starting under Daboll Henne was better than Moore.........and now we want Moore to start next year.

I want Moore to start next year, but I also believe Henne would improve the more he plays in this system.

I think some of you missed on the point that I would also draft a first round QB.......ideally RGIII.

Read the thread.......... then think about it....Moore to start - Henne to backup - RGIII the future.......I cannot see the argument against it

Henne has not been better than Moore, really at any point during either one's career. Henne was having a career year at the start of the season, and he still had a 1:1 TD:INT ratio, a passer rating of 79, and struggled mightily in the redzone and on third down. I see that Henne gets even more excuses despite the fact that he has 31 starts under his belt and really has not progressed at all.

Moore comes in, takes a couple of games to get adjusted, but once adjusted, has been playing at an impressive clip with a 107 passer rating over the past 5 games and has 8 TD to 1 INT during that span. Of course though, all the credit for that is going to the team around him. Chad Henne has never had a stretch like that in his career. It's just a major coincidence that the team started playing better when Matt took over. Kind of like that major coincidence that Denver started playing better once Tim Tebow took over for Kyle Orton.

The state of the Miami Dolphins: 6 pages discussing who is a better backup QB.

Read the thread mate.......nobody is saying Henne is a great QB.......highlight one thread that states this!

My argument is, why not have a guy stay, who is one season under the present system, who was showing signs of improvement, showed that during his first 4 games under Daboll he was better than Moore's first 4 games and has competed and played without complaint. Im not saying he should start ahead of Moore. MOORE should be the STARTER, but I am saying I want Henne back as a competent backup.

Mark Sanchez is also a competent backup!

I love guys who only use certain states to backup their argument. And the argument for Fiedler and Pennington flies in the face of how good Marino was.
can you please explain to me how henne looked improved in the first 4 games?

as many people have said on here, this is what henne did this season.

aside from a perfect, flawless 1st drive of the season, henne was nothing but average to below average at best. he may have thrown for 400 plus yds week 1, but as DOLFANISS stated, the 2nd td was setup by an odrick pick to the 11 yd line, then we later in the 3rd qtr go to the 2 yd line 1st and goal and settle for a fg, and the rest was garbage yds. this against one of the worst passing defenses in the league.

he was awful vs houston, and vs cleveland he was pretty bad also. i just dont see where he improved. maybe to u he improved because he was so god damn awful last year, anything for him was an improvement, but he still was not good. if moore had played like that, people would have been crushing him like theirs no tomorrow. heck, people still crush moore when he plays well.

henne will not be brought back, it makes zero sense. the guy is a free agent, so why would he want to come back here rather than try and go somewhere and start anyways.

I do have to agreee on some counts.

Henne was always given excuses to why he ****ing sucked, now with Moore who is playing pretty good football, gets bashed for having a good team around him, and is playing "horrible teams".

Just stay consistent people

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thank you.....

The state of the Miami Dolphins: 6 pages discussing who is a better backup QB.

I'd imagine at a point or 2 in the past, this would be conceptually reminiscent of a Rams "Warner vs Bulger" type thread, eh? (with Moore playing both roles)

this is a typical " bash the OP and go way overboard with the hate " thread. Did he really say anything that bad? Most people on this site have been saying that Henne is a solid back up and nothing more than that for years. Now the OP suggests we bring him back to be just that, a back up and everyone cries and hates. Most people are also on the fence about Sparano coming back, so how is he saying anything that crazy. Maybe he thinks that Miami is playing like beasts right now ( we are ) and that a new coaching staff will likely mess that up. Either way it is always better to support and help then bash and hate.

Again, you're only using how he has played the last 5 games when the entire team has looked completely different. Compare Moore's first 4 games since thats when the team was playing at the same level as when Henne was in. Moore wouldn't even be in the conversation.

When has Henne ever been good over a period of even 3 games?

The Browns game proved to me that Henne was still the same average QB. Miami should have dominated them but the offense let the Browns stay in the game. Not 100% sold on Moore, but he's doing what Henne rarely did, which is beat the crap out of bad teams.

I highly doubt Henne will be back.

Back
Top Bottom