Bring One Former Player In Their Prime Back To The Dolphins Team Today, Who Would It Be? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring One Former Player In Their Prime Back To The Dolphins Team Today, Who Would It Be?

Which former player will make the most impact (not your favorite player) for 2018?

• Dan Marino

• Zach Thomas

• Jason Taylor

• Ricky Williams

• Sam Madison

• Dwight Stephenson

• Tim Bowens

• Richmond Webb

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
If we could draft Dan Marino and keep him the next 17 years, hells yeah he would be my first choice with no hesitation.But the question was who would you pick for the 2018 season which I take we can only keep said player for this 1 year. For the 2018 seaoson and the 2018 roster, I think 2006 DPOY Jason Taylor makes this defense elite and makes us a force against the top QB's we would likely face. Brady, Big Ben etc.
I see. I missed that. I don’t think it would change my answer though. It’s such a QB league that as much as I loved JT, I think 1984 Dan means we go to the SB barring some supernatural act of God.

Thanks for starting the thread but this is low hanging fruit. No? Anyone that answers anything but #13 should have his brain raped by mangy ocelots with jet packs.
I would beg to differ, although I love Dan he never one a championship and championships are won with defense.

My choice…Nick Buoniconti. Fast reliable and nimble a sure tackler and a natural leader that would fit right in with this young defense.

Dan Marino came with an inherent weakness. He pushed the offense downfield so fast the defense never got a chance to catch their breath. Also every year he played the running game seem to get weaker and weaker. He cruised to a Super Bowl in his second year, but with the defense and running game lagging behind him he never made it back. I don't think he could bring this team to the promise land as is.

Cant have Sam Madison on that list if you're not going to include Pat Surtain.. Not that either should be a vote for the 2018 Fins but still...

Thanks for starting the thread but this is low hanging fruit. No? Anyone that answers anything but #13 should have his brain raped by mangy ocelots with jet packs.
agreed, should be, who would you bring back besides marino. Mine would be ZT and JT

I would beg to differ, although I love Dan he never one a championship and championships are won with defense.

My choice…Nick Buoniconti. Fast reliable and nimble a sure tackler and a natural leader that would fit right in with this young defense.

Dan Marino came with an inherent weakness. He pushed the offense downfield so fast the defense never got a chance to catch their breath. Also every year he played the running game seem to get weaker and weaker. He cruised to a Super Bowl in his second year, but with the defense and running game lagging behind him he never made it back. I don't think he could bring this team to the promise land as is.
Lol @ a qb getting the offense down the field too fast. Defenses love playing with a lead, theres no such thing as scoring too fast or too often.

Marino and it ain't close.

Take him out and then it gets fun. What player do we need the most for this upcoming season? I think we're at least solid at back so no Ricky or Zonk. Oline *should* be fine although I wouldn't argue with the best center to ever play. Taylor, Stanfill, or Den Herder are great options but there is a logjam at end as it is ... and we don't run the right kind of D to stick one at LB.

DT, however, is a huge need. Do I have enough time to put 40 lbs on Baumhower? That would be cool. Bowens otherwise. LB is also a need. I couldn't argue against any of Thomas, Offerdahl, or Cox and I might even entertain Buoniconti, Bru, and Larry Gordon due to fitting the D. And I don't know how much I trust the inexperienced corner depth so Madison, Surtain, and Vincent become options. I could also be talked into a season of Keith Jackson.

Sans Marino, those would be my options for the upcoming season.

Is this a trick question? How can you not vote for Marino.:confused But where is Csonka, Anderson, Griese, Warfield, Little, Langer, Fernandez, Kuchenberg, and all the other greats that started this franchise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom