Bring One Former Player In Their Prime Back To The Dolphins Team Today, Who Would It Be? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring One Former Player In Their Prime Back To The Dolphins Team Today, Who Would It Be?

Which former player will make the most impact (not your favorite player) for 2018?

• Dan Marino

• Zach Thomas

• Jason Taylor

• Ricky Williams

• Sam Madison

• Dwight Stephenson

• Tim Bowens

• Richmond Webb

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Surprised to see no Ricky votes so far. He’s my second choice. I picked Dan though. 2002 was so much fun to watch because of Ricky (and equally crushing). Run Ricky run! Btw people keep talking about leveon bell having a style like nobody has seen before, kinda waiting behind the line, Ricky did that ****. His patience and vision, followed by his burst, made him such a threat on every carry. Easily my favorite running back. Sticky icky! He deserved a more accomplished and turmoil-free career. Omg he would kill small defenses today!

In his PRIME?!?!?!?! With these rules today and the personnel groupings, Dan Marino throws for 60k yards and 60 TD's … it wouldn't even be fair. Thread the needle accuracy, savvy, audibles, cannon arm, take-charge attitude, and the quickest release ever? We would simply outscore everyone, and all our defense would have to do after the 1st quarter is pass rush. We would easily win the AFC East and be in the Super Bowl every other year. What Marino didn't have were 1) defense, 2) run game, 3) competent doctor, and 4) today's rules … that's IT!

It's not even a valid pole if you include Marino. No QB in the NFL today can even hold a candle to him. Rodgers has some of the talent, Brady is ultra-precise, but the total package … it's not even close. Marino would _D-E-S-T-R-0-Y_ today's defenses under today's rules. There's a reason he held EVERY passing record in the era of Montana, Elway, and Kelly. He was BETTER. That's just how it is when you're the G.O.A.T.

If I had excluded Dan, I would not have had the pleasure of reading this.

QB is reason #1 why we are not contenders, so bringing one of the all time best in Dan, and let him play with this rules should be fun to us and unfair to other teams!!!! Dan was the ONLY QB I ever saw that was cappable of airing it out with the defense knowing we didnt have a running game, and those rules made it very hard for the receivers and the QB, still he broke all records and have some seasons that until the rules changed nobody ever dreamed about. Dan by far would be our big difference maker, like Brady is for the Pats but with better tools.
Yep and in his prime he was throwing to 5’9” WRs too.

I voted Marino for obvious reasons. Prime Marino obliterated the record book in 1984 and his new records endured for over 20 years-- until they changed the rules. How do you think 1984 Marino does under the current system?

In his PRIME?!?!?!?! With these rules today and the personnel groupings, Dan Marino throws for 60k yards and 60 TD's … it wouldn't even be fair. Thread the needle accuracy, savvy, audibles, cannon arm, take-charge attitude, and the quickest release ever? We would simply outscore everyone, and all our defense would have to do after the 1st quarter is pass rush. We would easily win the AFC East and be in the Super Bowl every other year. What Marino didn't have were 1) defense, 2) run game, 3) competent doctor, and 4) today's rules … that's IT!

It's not even a valid pole if you include Marino. No QB in the NFL today can even hold a candle to him. Rodgers has some of the talent, Brady is ultra-precise, but the total package … it's not even close. Marino would _D-E-S-T-R-0-Y_ today's defenses under today's rules. There's a reason he held EVERY passing record in the era of Montana, Elway, and Kelly. He was BETTER. That's just how it is when you're the G.O.A.T.

TOTALLY AGREE. Been fighting that fight with a Saints buddy of mine who just became an NFL fan a couple years back. HE thinks Brees is best Qb ever which I respond with he ain't even Peyton. I said if you bring back Marino in his prime with todays rules, he would shred it. Like absolutely destroy the NFL. Now I guess the more interesting conversation would be just for fun how would Unitas and Otto Graham also do in their prime in todays NFL. Would Marino be clearly better? That would make for a fun conversation. Those are the only two QBs I see from before Dan's era that might give him a run for his money.

Yep and in his prime he was throwing to 5’9” WRs too.
Yep, and the only reason small receivers were even "en vogue" back then was because the DB's were allowed to MAUL the WR's everywhere on the field, and only those super-quick little guys even had a chance to create separation.

In today's game, it would be like Dan playing sandlot pitch-and-catch with an untouched Orande Gadsden on every play. We might as well go veteran-minimum on a punter, because that guy's not getting many punts. The NFL would have to change the rules if Marino played today … he would make a laughing-stock Arena-League style out of today's rules.

it killed me not to say marino. I just think that RT has shown at times he can be a strength for us. granted Marino is going to throw for 6K a season and 50+ TD's but right now a lot of our defense is still a huge question mark with us just saying that certain players have the potential. we wouldn't need our DT's to try to get pressure up field anymore, just tie up the blockers for ZT, maybe he could halp with kiko's free lancing, granted the leagues gotten softer but the wr's would be a little more timid about going over the middle with ZT there. as much as I'd long to see Marino back, I just don't see replacing what I view as a strength with another strength (albeit it an elite one). I even came close to saying J Off just because him being a half foot taller than ZT

I most surely don't want to be raped by any mangy ocelots....so I am going with Marino with Stephenson a close second...:))

Yep, and the only reason small receivers were even "en vogue" back then was because the DB's were allowed to MAUL the WR's everywhere on the field, and only those super-quick little guys even had a chance to create separation.

In today's game, it would be like Dan playing sandlot pitch-and-catch with an untouched Orande Gadsden on every play. We might as well go veteran-minimum on a punter, because that guy's not getting many punts. The NFL would have to change the rules if Marino played today … he would make a laughing-stock Arena-League style out of today's rules.
Someone posted a bunch of his throws from the ‘85 Bears game and you just shake your head and say, “damn” at what you’re witnessing. 30 yards in the air, while back pedaling, flick of wrist, laser, back shoulder to a 5’9” guy being double covered. Very few QBs in history could make that throw.

Someone posted a bunch of his throws from the ‘85 Bears game and you just shake your head and say, “damn” at what you’re witnessing. 30 yards in the air, while back pedaling, flick of wrist, laser, back shoulder to a 5’9” guy being double covered. Very few QBs in history could make that throw.
cutler tried a couple times last year :biggrin

Back
Top Bottom