Bring One Former Player In Their Prime Back To The Dolphins Team Today, Who Would It Be? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring One Former Player In Their Prime Back To The Dolphins Team Today, Who Would It Be?

Which former player will make the most impact (not your favorite player) for 2018?

• Dan Marino

• Zach Thomas

• Jason Taylor

• Ricky Williams

• Sam Madison

• Dwight Stephenson

• Tim Bowens

• Richmond Webb

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
In his PRIME?!?!?!?! With these rules today and the personnel groupings, Dan Marino throws for 60k yards and 60 TD's … it wouldn't even be fair. Thread the needle accuracy, savvy, audibles, cannon arm, take-charge attitude, and the quickest release ever? We would simply outscore everyone, and all our defense would have to do after the 1st quarter is pass rush. We would easily win the AFC East and be in the Super Bowl every other year. What Marino didn't have were 1) defense, 2) run game, 3) competent doctor, and 4) today's rules … that's IT!

It's not even a valid pole if you include Marino. No QB in the NFL today can even hold a candle to him. Rodgers has some of the talent, Brady is ultra-precise, but the total package … it's not even close. Marino would _D-E-S-T-R-0-Y_ today's defenses under today's rules. There's a reason he held EVERY passing record in the era of Montana, Elway, and Kelly. He was BETTER. That's just how it is when you're the G.O.A.T.

How is this even a poll? Of course it’s Dan Marino. For a poll you should have asked “other than Dan, who would it be?”

And other than Dan I would bring back Zach Thomas hands down. The QB for the defense and setting the tone for everyone to follow. The heart and soul.

Went with other...I am bringing Offerdahl...Defensesive leader and an absolute run stuffer.
Stephenson was 2nd Dan was 3rd

Zach Thomas- you can solidify an entire D with him in the middle.

The added difference between what Marino adds on top of what RT might bring this Fall is not as much diff as having ZT woukd be to our wins/losses.

i think our O will be plenty good to win games, but it needs a D behind it. Even having Marino wouldnt overcome a weak D as much as you'd want.

As much as it killed me I didn't choose Dan, so wanted to. But I went with Dwight Stephenson, take control of the offensive line, protect the QB, make the running game so much better. The defense gets to rest because we have the running game because of Dwight. Makes us a legitimate team. We would be able to pass or run.

In his PRIME?!?!?!?! With these rules today and the personnel groupings, Dan Marino throws for 60k yards and 60 TD's … it wouldn't even be fair. Thread the needle accuracy, savvy, audibles, cannon arm, take-charge attitude, and the quickest release ever? We would simply outscore everyone, and all our defense would have to do after the 1st quarter is pass rush. We would easily win the AFC East and be in the Super Bowl every other year. What Marino didn't have were 1) defense, 2) run game, 3) competent doctor, and 4) today's rules … that's IT!

It's not even a valid pole if you include Marino. No QB in the NFL today can even hold a candle to him. Rodgers has some of the talent, Brady is ultra-precise, but the total package … it's not even close. Marino would _D-E-S-T-R-0-Y_ today's defenses under today's rules. There's a reason he held EVERY passing record in the era of Montana, Elway, and Kelly. He was BETTER. That's just how it is when you're the G.O.A.T.
My sentiments exactly

Rickey Williams close 2nd he rests the defence.

We had Taylor and Marino for many years with lots of one and dones because I don't think Miami ever had a running game during those years. I think Ricky Williams was born too late. It takes a lot to win the the playoffs, QB, teamwork, defense and a running game. I know the rules have changed to favor the offense since then, but in the playoffs, so many more team attributes are needed.

Nobody from the Super Bowl teams of the '70s?
I said Griese after Dan. The way the game is played today, all that personnel optimized for run-heavy football probably doesn’t make sense as much as taking great QBs and giving them today’s rules. Along those lines Warfield would probably kill it as well in this day and age.

No one influences the game like an elite QB.

Shame I never saw Dan in his prime.

I watched him during the Jimmy Johnson days.

QB is reason #1 why we are not contenders, so bringing one of the all time best in Dan, and let him play with this rules should be fun to us and unfair to other teams!!!! Dan was the ONLY QB I ever saw that was cappable of airing it out with the defense knowing we didnt have a running game, and those rules made it very hard for the receivers and the QB, still he broke all records and have some seasons that until the rules changed nobody ever dreamed about. Dan by far would be our big difference maker, like Brady is for the Pats but with better tools.

Back
Top Bottom