Broncos' defensive players irked by Gase's onside kick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Broncos' defensive players irked by Gase's onside kick

So I've been highly critical of Gase this season. Obviously, as a fins fan, I hope he turns it around next year and has this team back in the playoffs. But even as a critic of Gase this year, I got to say I loved reading the following in the article:

"Gase is a savage,'' Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders said. " ... He loves to win, he loves to embarrass you. That doesn't surprise you.''

"It's 60 minutes,'' Gase said after Sunday's game. "I'm not going to slow down. I don't care what the score is.''

The problem isn't 'slowing down', it's not 'going fast,' a whole season of slow starts

Gase was pissed at Elway because he didn’t think he was a viable head coaching candidate? That’s hilarious lol.

John Elway was correct.

:rolleyes: yeah because he did such a great job with Vance Joseph lol... he sure has an eye for coaches!

We finally won a game in convincing fashion and still some of you bitch and complain, the Dolphins are not going to tank the season so we can get a higher draft pick so better get use to it. I could care less if he kick three onside kicks and ran the score up by 100, way to go Gase, do it again if you feel like it.

:rolleyes: yeah because he did such a great job with Vance Joseph lol... he sure has an eye for coaches!

Joseph was never John Elway's guy. He was a secondary option he had to settle for due to Gary Kubiak, the coach who he won a Super Bowl with needing to step away for health concerns. Context is everything.

The Elway connection makes sense now. Was surprised when I saw that.

We finally won a game in convincing fashion and still some of you ***** and complain, the Dolphins are not going to tank the season so we can get a higher draft pick so better get use to it. I could care less if he kick three onside kicks and ran the score up by 100, way to go Gase, do it again if you feel like it.

We do this thing every year. Win meaningless games when the season has already been decided, just damaging our draft position for the top quarterback prospects.

These wins make you pleased? lol

We do this thing every year. Win meaningless games when the season has already been decided, just damaging our draft position for the top quarterback prospects.

A win make me please, hoping to lose so you can move up to spots in the draft will not make much difference, think of the Phins as a two year project before we start making any serious noise. In the meantime enjoy the win.......we deserve it.

Joseph was never John Elway's guy. He was a secondary option he had to settle for due to Gary Kubiak, the coach who he won a Super Bowl with needing to step away for health concerns. Context is everything.

I love that you mention context and don't reference how Elway has destroyed that team through really bad moves over the last few years. He didn't even build the team he won with.

Gase is a punk *** *****??

More like some of our fans....

Oh the irony....

If someone had done that to us.....I would have thought it was bush league. So, I have to also say it was bush league to do against Denver.

However, I also think aside from sending a message to Elway and even VJ, there definitely is some value in having our team do the punching every once in awhile to help build some confidence. It also gives opposing coaches something to look at on tape in the coming weeks that they have to think about.

At the end of the day.....this isn't a big deal.

Last edited:

Yup! After 45+ years of being a fan, I don't feel bad after any win.

Also, anyone who thinks a professional football player or coach is not going to try to win a game or not do their best so they can get a better draft position, doesn't understand competitive sports. There are careers, contracts and potential injuries on the line every week....these guys are going to do their best to win every game.

I have no issue with it. Though I might have saved it for next week.

I think he did it to give B.B. something else to think about next week.
They’ve got nothing to lose against the Pats.
Trick plays, onside kicks, fake punts etc should all be in the game plan. I hope they play loose, physical and with a swagger. They will probably lose, but I hope they punch that team in the mouth and make it a painful night.

So true. So many around here wouldn't know what a great HC quacks like let alone coaches like considering a good number of us were raised on Shula and potatoes! There are a number of rather obvious signs of a "great coach" in the building --- IMO Gase has ZERO!

And that's not because of some dime store bubble gum machine psyche analysis -- it's based on many years of perception and experience. Gase is NOT the answer.

End of story.

Where's the glory?

And BTW -- meaningless "wins" are for losers!

BNF
So your brilliant Idea is to tank? Sit your starters and give the message that we need to lose so we can move two or three spots to get a better draft pick? Who thinks thats
what Shula would have done if he was ever in that spot? Completely embarrassing way of thinking. You would be on here this morning , whining like a school girl , killing Gase if we lost that game. So fans like you get a double bitch fest win or lose. What total nonsense. Hurt my sensibilities reading rubbish like this.

I think he did it to give B.B. something else to think about next week.
They’ve got nothing to lose against the Pats.
Trick plays, onside kicks, fake punts etc should all be in the game plan. I hope they play loose, physical and with a swagger. They will probably lose, but I hope they punch that team in the mouth and make it a painful night.
Be great if they can rough Brady up some...

Season is not necessarily over. 9-7 will get someone in the playoffs in this years AFC. 2 games vs Buffalo. Taylor went down with a knee injury yesterday. 1 game vs KC. They quickly went from best AFC team to worst. Just have to find a way to steal one next week and it is possible.

Back
Top Bottom