Broncos' defensive players irked by Gase's onside kick | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Broncos' defensive players irked by Gase's onside kick

I was so high on Gase after last season.. I'm pretty disappointed now but have seen enough in the past to hope for much introspection off season and that he comes back with a healed and recharged Tannehill to take up where they left off in '16. Just get rid of his loser father in law Joe Vitt who I'm sure is putting old school "this is what we did in NO when we won when Methusalah was going through puberty" notions in his head.

Anyway, what Gase did was Belichickian. Kick em when they're down, especially when you think they deserve no mercy. After being caught for cheating and losing a first round draft pick, Belichick took it out on the league running up the score every game til the last minute.

How could I be upset with Gase for summoning up his killer instinctive Belichick? Hope it stirs something in him going forward.
I dunno, pretty much every non-Pats fan thinks BB is a pompous no-class jerk, and you can bet if he pulled that onside kick nonsense on us when he was up 33 - 9, we'd all be talking about what a low-life he was. Putting a crappy shoe on the other foot doesn't somehow make it classy.

I dunno, pretty much every non-Pats fan thinks BB is a pompous no-class jerk, and you can bet if he pulled that onside kick nonsense on us when he was up 33 - 9, we'd all be talking about what a low-life he was. Putting a crappy shoe on the other foot doesn't somehow make it classy.
Just read that the Pats have now strung together 15 straight double-digit win seasons but during that time Cam, The Meatball and Joe were real gentlemen

"It's 60 minutes,'' Gase said after Sunday's game. "I'm not going to slow down. I don't care what the score is."

''

I'd love this mentality if I actually believed him. But time after time I've seen him give up on 2nd and ling, or even first in long by banging his head into a wall with consecutive runs up the middle or short passes with a stacked box and everyone defending close. So yea Gase... you're not going to slow down when you're up big vs a bad team in a meaningless game, but you throw in the towel in unfavorable down and distance situations? Gimme a break

Just read that the Pats have now strung together 15 straight double-digit win seasons but during that time Cam, The Meatball and Joe were real gentlemen
I do admit that if Gase did that I might cut him some slack.

Back
Top Bottom