Bryan Cox's comments about Miami Fans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryan Cox's comments about Miami Fans

Originally posted by Oboy
See I still they are more fickle than spoiled. Just like the hurricanes could not fill the Orange Bowl just what 4 years ago. MOST fans in Miami only come out to cheer when their team is winning.

Maybe it is because they are spoiled from always winning, but still seems very childish to only stand behind the team when they win.

To me "fickle" implies that they are bandwagoners. I've never met a Dolphins fan who jumped on another team when things went bad. To me they/we are more "spoiled" because we tend to sulk when things go wrong.

I'm a Dolphins fan thru thick and thin..

...that's what a fan is.

I'm disgusted when fans jump off the team bandwagon when something goes wrong. Suck it up and show you're support, otherwise go cheer/jeer another team.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

To me "fickle" implies that they are bandwagoners. I've never met a Dolphins fan who jumped on another team when things went bad. To me they/we are more "spoiled" because we tend to sulk when things go wrong.

I disagree. It's neither spoiled nor fickle to realize that this team has too much talent to be playing as badly as they do. It's simply realistic and objective. Being a fan of a team doesn't mean you have to check your brain at the door, although some people seem to think it does.

A lot of people are implanted in Florida unfortunately. It doesn't help that we have 3 teams in Florida, and it also doesn't help that UM and all the other Florida college schools are VERY popular. I know this is going to sound crazy as hell, but I would bet almost anything a lot of teenagers don't pick the Dolphins is due to their colors (as stupid as that sounds), but you all see how much heat we get for our aqua and orange. Guys can't look "stylin" with aqua and orange. The other reason could be we are "Dolphins". I mean..who wants to back a ****in porpoise :lol: .

I don't have a problem with my team..but there are people out there like that. I mean..how the hell can Tampas fans be so rabid and Miamis aren't? Somethings not right.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
A lot of people are implanted in Florida unfortunately. It doesn't help that we have 3 teams in Florida, and it also doesn't help that UM and all the other Florida college schools are VERY popular. I know this is going to sound crazy as hell, but I would bet almost anything a lot of teenagers don't pick the Dolphins is due to their colors (as stupid as that sounds), but you all see how much heat we get for our aqua and orange. Guys can't look "stylin" with aqua and orange. The other reason could be we are "Dolphins". I mean..who wants to back a ****in porpoise :lol: .

I don't have a problem with my team..but there are people out there like that. I mean..how the hell can Tampas fans be so rabid and Miamis aren't? Somethings not right.

Only problem with that theory is the fact that Ricky's Jersey was the #2 seller last year.

Originally posted by RikWriter

I disagree. It's neither spoiled nor fickle to realize that this team has too much talent to be playing as badly as they do. It's simply realistic and objective. Being a fan of a team doesn't mean you have to check your brain at the door, although some people seem to think it does.

Hey, I've never been accussed of being a sunshiner, but it does piss me off when fans get completely out of control for the wrong reasons. On the flip side, those fans who can look at the Texans game and not see anything wrong need to be biatch slapped(actually they'd probably enjoy that as they seem to like abuse). But if you look at the fans of some other teams like the Pack or Bears, they seem to take a more even keeled view of their team. Miami fans however have really never had to deal with adversity, and I think a lot of them just don't know how.

haha Bryan Cox... hahaha.... hahaha... I remember him... I was little when he played for the DOlphins... didn't he get ejected from a game and start spitting all over the place or something? Who cares about Bryan Cox... all the fin fans around me, there's like 10, are all pretty solid...

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
haha Bryan Cox... hahaha.... hahaha... I remember him... I was little when he played for the DOlphins... didn't he get ejected from a game and start spitting all over the place or something? Who cares about Bryan Cox... all the fin fans around me, there's like 10, are all pretty solid...

Ironic that you'll dismiss Brian because of your age, but use MarinoFan4life as your nick. You are aware I assume that Brian and Dan are from the same era?

Originally posted by SMadison29
Driving down the road in the past few months I have seen a lot of Tampa Bay flags hanging from windows which I had never seen before their SB win.

I know how that is. I live in Maryland & before the Ravens won the Super Bowl the number of fanse could be counted with your fingers. After they won the Super Bowl EVERYBODY was a Raven fan. Everyone on the road had a Raven flag hanging in out their car window. Half of them don't know what football is.

pathetic...

Hey, I've never been accussed of being a sunshiner, but it does piss me off when fans get completely out of control for the wrong reasons. On the flip side, those fans who can look at the Texans game and not see anything wrong need to be biatch slapped(actually they'd probably enjoy that as they seem to like abuse). But if you look at the fans of some other teams like the Pack or Bears, they seem to take a more even keeled view of their team. Miami fans however have really never had to deal with adversity, and I think a lot of them just don't know how.

I think the opposite is the case: Green Bay etc fans deal with adversity better because their team has won a Superbowl more recently. They can remember the great success so the failure isn't as bad. Dolphins fans have to look back three freaking decades to see our last Superbowl win and nearly two decades since our last appearance in one. Too much teasing, too many disappointments have made us impatient with excuses.

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
RikWriter, I think you might have said it best...

Well, the only exceptions are Bills fans and Jets fans: they have nothing to be optimistic about in their past, so I can only assume alcohol is involved. :D

Originally posted by RikWriter

Well, the only exceptions are Bills fans and Jets fans: they have nothing to be optimistic about in their past, so I can only assume alcohol is involved. :D

:rofl:

Only problem with that theory is the fact that Ricky's Jersey was the #2 seller last year.

Right, but bought by Miami FANS. Real fans.

I guess what I was trying to say unless you grew up watching Miami and had your dad say "Hey, this is your team little bastard" then it would become hard to become one if moved into that area.

Like if I moved out to Cali I would probably become somewhat of a Raider fan because I like thier colors and the attitude that comes with the Raider organization. I'm to much of a Fin fan though.

Hopefully this makes more sense ;\

Back
Top Bottom