Bryan Cox's comments about Miami Fans | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryan Cox's comments about Miami Fans

And the only reason Cleveland and places like that seem like they have great fans is cause the only reason half those people go to the games is to drink an get away from beating their wives for a few hours :D

This is such garbage,,,fickle?

We are on an 8 year sellout streak in regular season.

The only thing I see is that Dolfans are spoiled by not having any losing season since the late 80s.

Diversity does not kill a fan base. While there is many, many south Florida born season ticket holders there are also season ticket holders who live here 10..15...20 plus years.

Don't forget the next generation. My son is born in south FL. And he is a diehard fan. This crap someone mentioned about teenagers not liking the Dolphins colors is garbage as well.

Those who live down here and don't go (never ever go) have no right to critisize a fan base for whatever reason....

Those who do not live down here should be careful with statements such as "fans are fickle down here".

This stadium gets as loud as any....it stands behind the Phins just as they do in other cities. We may not sell out trough season tickets but we are always around 60,000 in season ticket sales. The rest is usually sold.

I take those comments totally personal. I spend Sunday after Sunday around the stadium. Just as an example: last sunday....getting up at 7, leaving house at 8, arrive at stadium at 9....tailgate....(you tell all those tailgaters that Dolphins fans are fickle and they hang you on the next lightpole)...game....tailgate again after game....drive son home to his mother...get home by 9:30pm.

Sure there are games where we are more laid back...(like blowouts) and games where we are quieter because we are in utter shock (last Sunday) but usually we rock.....It requires a real bad performance for us to get pissed (i.e. Houston, last year Bills at home, Jets the year before that).

We might be spoiled but not fickle nor are we bad fans.

To Brian Cox: get lost you jerk. You were not willing to renegotiate and you collected a paycheck from us while playing for another team.

To RikWriter: the definition of fan is fanatic. Yes you do leave your brain at the entrance. When you go to the game all you do is breath, eat, drink, think, scream, fart, burb aqua and orange.

You sweat and scream.....no need to analyze what defensive formation is on the field....do that afterwards. No brain required.

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
Thanks for the update PhinPhan... I wasn't aware of that. Could you let me know what 1 + 1 equals too?

So I guess the answer to my question would be "no, you don't appreciate the irony of your statement in combination with your nick"...:tongue:

Originally posted by RikWriter

I think the opposite is the case: Green Bay etc fans deal with adversity better because their team has won a Superbowl more recently. They can remember the great success so the failure isn't as bad. Dolphins fans have to look back three freaking decades to see our last Superbowl win and nearly two decades since our last appearance in one. Too much teasing, too many disappointments have made us impatient with excuses.

Actually, I was referring to pre-Brett Favre GB that hadn't won anything since the the 60's. They still sold out every game before the season even started. And Bears fans who travel 4 hours to get to their games because the stadium is being built. Think the Phins would sell out if the game was being played in Orlando? Look, I'm just as pissed off as any other Phin fan. But I've also heard a lot of comments from Phin fans that are just a little "whinney". Dolphins fans need to suck it up...it's just a game. At least appreciate the victories we HAVE had...we could always be the Bengals.

Originally posted by FFiB

To RikWriter: the definition of fan is fanatic. Yes you do leave your brain at the entrance. When you go to the game all you do is breath, eat, drink, think, scream, fart, burb aqua and orange.

You sweat and scream.....no need to analyze what defensive formation is on the field....do that afterwards. No brain required.

First of all, the ORIGIN of the word "fan" is "fanatic," not the definition. It has come to have a definition all its own.
Second, none of us post to this board or call in to radio shows from the stands. In the stands, we're all rooting and yelling and screaming unless the Fins are playing so ugly and down by so much that they've managed to take the heart out of us. That doesn't usually happen at home though...the only time I can remember it getting that bad is at the Jets game two seasons ago.

Hell yes. Orlando is desperate for football.

Lol...come on man. The core group of Dolphins fans is as good and strong as any other teams...but no way doe the majority of the fans down here travel up to Orlando for the game. I'm sorry, but we just don't have the numbers. When the home opener doesn't sell out until the day before the game, you just can't tell me that we'd sell out games that required a 3 hour drive.

As DolFans, we demand perfection!

We will not have it any other way - Bottom Line!!!!!

However, we should not give up on our team if they lose!

Well, the only exceptions are Bills fans and Jets fans: they have nothing to be optimistic about in their past, so I can only assume alcohol is involved. :D
owning Dan Marino, and sending Shula packing were high notes:)

Originally posted by SMadison29
I think Cox is right. I'm gonna stereotype here & say that the reason their aren't so many fans near the city is because the population is made up of mostly Latin Americans that don't make a lot of money,which is why Marlins don't sell out much. Also their favorite sports are baseball & soccer so they don't really care about football. Plus Florida has 3 football teams so that also takes away from the local fan base.

Miami has a huge base of Latins, and they make most of the money here! I notice more and more Latins at fins games every year, and it's great. They are fun, and very vocal, and are learning more, and more!

The older fans are the fikkle ones. Their so spoiled and think this team should cater to their needs. If it were up to them we would have a dome stadium with security on every isle, making sure we all don't stand for more than 10 seconds.

I can't wait til their filtered out of the stadium and on to their TV sets!

And there are a lot more reasons as to why people don't go see the Marlins, none of them Valid though.

Hell yes. Orlando is desperate for football.

Lmao, not for a 78,000 seat stadium they aint! Orlando will be the next Miami, with migration setting in, actually it already is!

Originally posted by FFiB
This is such garbage,,,fickle?

We are on an 8 year sellout streak in regular season.

The only thing I see is that Dolfans are spoiled by not having any losing season since the late 80s.

Diversity does not kill a fan base. While there is many, many south Florida born season ticket holders there are also season ticket holders who live here 10..15...20 plus years.

Don't forget the next generation. My son is born in south FL. And he is a diehard fan. This crap someone mentioned about teenagers not liking the Dolphins colors is garbage as well.

Those who live down here and don't go (never ever go) have no right to critisize a fan base for whatever reason....

Those who do not live down here should be careful with statements such as "fans are fickle down here".

This stadium gets as loud as any....it stands behind the Phins just as they do in other cities. We may not sell out trough season tickets but we are always around 60,000 in season ticket sales. The rest is usually sold.

I take those comments totally personal. I spend Sunday after Sunday around the stadium. Just as an example: last sunday....getting up at 7, leaving house at 8, arrive at stadium at 9....tailgate....(you tell all those tailgaters that Dolphins fans are fickle and they hang you on the next lightpole)...game....tailgate again after game....drive son home to his mother...get home by 9:30pm.

Sure there are games where we are more laid back...(like blowouts) and games where we are quieter because we are in utter shock (last Sunday) but usually we rock.....It requires a real bad performance for us to get pissed (i.e. Houston, last year Bills at home, Jets the year before that).

We might be spoiled but not fickle nor are we bad fans.

To Brian Cox: get lost you jerk. You were not willing to renegotiate and you collected a paycheck from us while playing for another team.

That was me about the colors, and no it's not. Ask anyone..anyone. I couldn't tell you the last time I saw someone my age (20) with any kind of Dolphin apparel (unless it's at a game). Also, our fans suck at the game. It gets louder in my head then it does at a Miami game. Yes yes there are some games where it can get loud, but for the most part it's weak.

Back
Top Bottom