Bucs fans: Bryant will be in Miami next year | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs fans: Bryant will be in Miami next year

A surgically repaired knee.....history of problems.......past the halfway point of his career?

No thanks.

I think we can do better.

He had a torn miniscus not a surgically repaired knee. The doctors basically sew the cartilege back together and it rejuvenates itself. It has been stated many times the Bucs rushed his recover process back and that is why he is having the problems. With the adequate amount of rest he will be fine.

Big deal if he is 29 next year. He will still have 3-4 good years left in him. It would be no different than us trading for Boldin who is much more injury prone.

I would fine getting this guy as a qualitly #2 and either draft or signing another WR. I would love having Bryant and Breaston/Henry/Austin/Benn/Bryant as our 2 starting WR's. It would definitely be a major upgrade over what we have now. We would maybe not have a legit #1 but we would definitly have two legit #2's which is better than the #3's and #4's we have starting now.

Anyone that improves our WR core sounds good to me but I'm not willing to pay #1 money for a #2.

[He doesn't have the speed to stretch the field and that will be key if you are taking Ginn off it. Without that ability, we are no better off then we are now/QUOTE]
I don't think stretching the field is as important as guys who can consistantly catch the ball. YAC is more important then just stretching the field!

He doesn't have the speed to stretch the field and that will be key if you are taking Ginn off it. Without that ability, we are no better off then we are now.

I don't care about stretching the field so much as I want someone who will go up, fight for the ball, catch the damn thing, and then break a tackle once in a while.

I thought I would never say this, but I think TO might find his way back to Parcells.

I think he would make a great #2 and trade for Bowe and suddenly we got something.
TO has proven he is tolerable now and he knows he is getting older so maybe he is wiser.

If the Phins have enough veterans with Bill Laimbeer personality's I'd sign "troublemaker" if not I would not take a chance on poisoning the lockerroom.

I think TO and Bryant are possible signings, the thing is i doubt we find a true #1 WR in FA unless its VJAX which is so unlikely its not even funny. id give it a 1/100 chance. The thing bout bryant and TO is if one of them is signed i dont want them to be our Number 1, i dont want our FO to think well thtl be enough for a while, the fans will layoff and it looks like we did something. if Dez Bryant is there in the 1st when we draft, i see no possible way to pass on him (unless we sign VJAX). Dez Bryant, Antonio Bryant, and Ginn would be a very very good WR corps (if Antonio heals up and Ginn is used only as a deep threat. Add someone like Aaron Hernandez in the 3rd and that is a very very dynamic offense as compared to our current animeic one demensional offense.

If we do that, i want the trickery gone, i want to use 1 QB (henne) and i want us using power run formations, not trickery.

QB- Henne
RB- R&R
FB- Polite
TE- Aaron Henandez/Haynos
WR- Dez Bryant, Antonio Bryant, Ginn, Hartline, Bess, Turner
Oline- Long, Carey, Grove, Thomas, Smiley

Thats a very good young offense.

For defence id be very happy if we get a NT in the 2nd, and sign Merriman and some ILB, with a SS in the 3rd or 4th like Major Wright

even better.... Dez Bryant + Braylon Edwards + Ginn going deep (working on hands and KR/PR duties)

I don't care about stretching the field so much as I want someone who will go up, fight for the ball, catch the damn thing, and then break a tackle once in a while.
You can find all that plus the ability to stretch the field with Lafell.

You can find all that plus the ability to stretch the field with Lafell.

While that may be true, I don't want to wait 2-3 years for that to happen. Too much at stake with our runningbacks to wait 2-3 years for a good wideout to land in our laps. Like I said before, if we had a true good number 1, we would have won more games even with a bad secondary and horrible linebacking play.

While that may be true, I don't want to wait 2-3 years for that to happen. Too much at stake with our runningbacks to wait 2-3 years for a good wideout to land in our laps. Like I said before, if we had a true good number 1, we would have won more games even with a bad secondary and horrible linebacking play.
Drafting may be the only option. Free agency won't offer much and although I'd like to see them trade for a WR, I don't see them giving up any picks.

Drafting may be the only option. Free agency won't offer much and although I'd like to see them trade for a WR, I don't see them giving up any picks.

Anyone know what the TE free agency is looking like? I know for certain a sure handed tight end would do wonders for us. That is also a big part of the equation here. I think drafting a high end tight end for us would do us good as they seem to come on in year 2 and generally can be an easier position for the player to assimilate to in the NFL versus a true number one wideout.

Back
Top Bottom