Buffalo is for Real | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buffalo is for Real

Here we go again with the record thing, NOOOOO the Bills aren't better than the Dolphins....at all. Miami has three wins this year aginst teams that were/are above 500. the Bills have no wins against teams that are above 500. The Dolphins have 2 division wins the Bills have 0 division wins. the Dolphins have the better QB, RB's, coaching staff, and we have a +9 TO margin while the Bills have a -5 TO margin. Joey Porter has 11.5 sacks, what you got??? Nuthin!!!! Sorry, but the Bills are not better than the Dolphins.

Folks need to look at head to head matchups and overall season record.

The Giants are clearly better then the Browns, as exampled in this thread.

The Bills, one up on the Dolphins in the wins column, could be considered a wash when talking about who's better.

Here we go again with the record thing, NOOOOO the Bills aren't better than the Dolphins....at all. Miami has three wins this year aginst teams that were/are above 500. the Bills have no wins against teams that are above 500. The Dolphins have 2 division wins the Bills have 0 division wins. the Dolphins have the better QB, RB's, coaching staff, and we have a +9 TO margin while the Bills have a -5 TO margin. Joey Porter has 11.5 sacks, what you got??? Nuthin!!!! Sorry, but the Bills are not better than the Dolphins.

You're right. Who cares about records? Oh wait, this isn't college football. Newsflash, if one team finishes 10-6 and makes the playoffs and another finishes 9-7 and misses, I guess records matter. But I'm sure you'll spend the whole offseason saying how a non-playoff team was better than a playoff one.

The Fins are better then the Bills more then the Browns are better then the Giants because only a game separates them.

Cleveland and the Giants are 4 games apart.

Now I'm not saying the Dolphins are better then Buffalo. They were when they played but season wise, obviously the Bills have been 1 game better. But that's it.

Fair and level-headed response. You must be rooting for Obama. :wink:

You're right. Who cares about records? Oh wait, this isn't college football. Newsflash, if one team finishes 10-6 and makes the playoffs and another finishes 9-7 and misses, I guess records matter. But I'm sure you'll spend the whole offseason saying how a non-playoff team was better than a playoff one.

I seem to remember a few years back that Miami finished 10-6 and the Ravens finished 9-7. Miami missed the playoffs and the ravens got in, how did having more wins help the Dolphins in that situation?? You know what the wins mean to people like you? It's the only stat you can look at that gives your team the advantage, so you cling to it and try to convince yourself it't the only stat taht matters but in the division race we have the upperhand and that by far is the more important stat.

I seem to remember a few years back that Miami finished 10-6 and the Ravens finished 9-7. Miami missed the playoffs and the ravens got in, how did having more wins help the Dolphins in that situation?? You know what the wins mean to people like you? It's the only stat you can look at that gives your team the advantage, so you cling to it and try to convince yourself it't the only stat taht matters but in the division race we have the upperhand and that by far is the more important stat.

you remember wrong...in 03 when the Phins missed the playoffs with a 10-6 record, the Ravens were 10-6 and won their division.

But your point is not lost on me.....the Bills have beaten weak teams, and overall played a weak schedule. The only semi-impressive win they have is agaisnt SD, who Miami beat as well. So it is perfectly reasonable to think that 4-4 Miami is better than 5-3 Buffalo, considering the heard-to-head matchup and their respective strength of schedule.

Having watched every game that Buffalo and Miami have played this season I can say with a lot of confidence that I believe Miami is the better team at this point and are still improving.I think Buffalo has already peaked and the Jets and Miami are still on the rise.When Buffalo plays the rest of the division I just don't see them winning a game.That will put a nail in their coffin this year for sure.You have to be able to beat the teams in your division if you hope to be in the playoffs,period.............

you remember wrong...in 03 when the Phins missed the playoffs with a 10-6 record, the Ravens were 10-6 and won their division.

But your point is not lost on me.....the Bills have beaten weak teams, and overall played a weak schedule. The only semi-impressive win they have is agaisnt SD, who Miami beat as well. So it is perfectly reasonable to think that 4-4 Miami is better than 5-3 Buffalo, considering the heard-to-head matchup and their respective strength of schedule.

Hmmm, I though we won more games that year, I knew they won their division, but I thought they were 9-7. Did we beat them that year? Maybe that's why that year stuck in my head.

Having watched every game that Buffalo and Miami have played this season I can say with a lot of confidence that I believe Miami is the better team at this point and are still improving.I think Buffalo has already peaked and the Jets and Miami are still on the rise.When Buffalo plays the rest of the division I just don't see them winning a game.That will put a nail in their coffin this year for sure.You have to be able to beat the teams in your division if you hope to be in the playoffs,period.............

Yeah, but, but, but they have more wins....and Trent Edwards!!:lol:

Look, No disrespect to Trent he's a good young QB, but he isn't what Bill fans think he is, yet. I'm not Ms.Cleo so I'll not try to predict what will be. Maybe the Bills settle down and figure out a way to win games against everyone, not just teams with losing records, who knows. I mean, Miami started out bad then had a 2 game win streak, then lose 2, then win 2 again, but I agree we're getting better.

But we still have an awful ST unit, we can't run the ball and we can't pick up 3rd and longs to save our lives. So IMO Miami just isn't there yet. I do think the Jets could very well be in great postion come the end of the season, IF Brett's shoulder isn't seriously injured and he needs to stop it with the INT's. You aren't going to win in the playoffs if you continue to turn the ball over.

I think Miami has a shot at 3rd in the division and I think the Jets or Pats will win the division. The Bills? Sorry, but they look like the exact same team we've seen the last three years.

As people bury the Bills. They still got a cake schedule. If they lose this week then I think they'll be 8-4 going into the final four games of the season. Miami should be at worst 7-5. New England probably will be 8-4. I think the Jets will be 7-5.

Yeah, but, but, but they have more wins....and Trent Edwards!!:lol:

Look, No disrespect to Trent he's a good young QB, but he isn't what Bill fans think he is, yet. I'm not Ms.Cleo so I'll not try to predict what will be. Maybe the Bills settle down and figure out a way to win games against everyone, not just teams with losing records, who knows. I mean, Miami started out bad then had a 2 game win streak, then lose 2, then win 2 again, but I agree we're getting better.

But we still have an awful ST unit, we can't run the ball and we can't pick up 3rd and longs to save our lives. So IMO Miami just isn't there yet. I do think the Jets could very well be in great postion come the end of the season, IF Brett's shoulder isn't seriously injured and he needs to stop it with the INT's. You aren't going to win in the playoffs if you continue to turn the ball over.

I think Miami has a shot at 3rd in the division and I think the Jets or Pats will win the division. The Bills? Sorry, but they look like the exact same team we've seen the last three years.
This is what our season hinges upon.If he can limit the turnovers,I think we can do something because the other two phases(defense and special teams)are doing pretty well.If he continues to turn it over we won't beat good teams.It really is all on Brett at this point.It's time for the offense to get it going and keep it going because he is being given support from the other two phases,he just needs to do his part.

As people bury the Bills. They still got a cake schedule. If they lose this week then I think they'll be 8-4 going into the final four games of the season. Miami should be at worst 7-5. New England probably will be 8-4. I think the Jets will be 7-5.

The Bills have played the worst in the weakest part of their schedule. They could just as easily be 2-6 as they could be 5-3. They won several EASY games by the skin of their teeth. I think the Bills have more issues then anyone in the division.

You're right,they do have the easiest schedule,but they have to play the rest of the division before the season ends,and I just don't see them beating anyone in the division.Every team in our division with the exception of the Bills are built upon a 3-4 defense with big lineman and big linebackers and Buffalo gets overpowered against this type of defense because they are built for speed.When you build for speed you sacrifice size,and they need size to compete against these defenses.Yes,they have a large offensive line,but they have them playing a zone blocking scheme that usually relies on smaller,quicker offensive linemen who have agility to move and block in space and the Bills linemen are too big and too slow to carry out this blocking scheme.Personally,I hope the coaches they have stick to their guns because that means another fairly easy victory later in the season.The other teams they play won't outweigh being demolished in their division in my opinion.That will be six losses right there.

Fair points but how can you say Buffalo peaked? They are teh 2nd youngest team in the NFL and have a 25 year old QB. If anything, they are ahead of schedule. Pennington is playing well, but really what is his ceiling? Edwards has room for a lot more growth than either Farve or Pennington. He may never get there but you know Pennington and Farve have already peaked.

Fair points but how can you say Buffalo peaked? They are teh 2nd youngest team in the NFL and have a 25 year old QB. If anything, they are ahead of schedule. Pennington is playing well, but really what is his ceiling? Edwards has room for a lot more growth than either Farve or Pennington. He may never get there but you know Pennington and Farve have already peaked.
I'm not talking about individual players,and I believe Edwards is going to be a very solid QB in this league.I just don't believe the players are as good as many thought early on in the season.I like the linebackers you have in your speed based defense,but you need some bigger linemen if you"re ever going to compete on equal footing with the other teams in the division.It doesn't matter how good the skill players are(and they are pretty good)if the QB is getting pounded on every throw.That will ruin a QB quicker than anything else in football.The teams Buffalo has to beat in the division are all huge on defense.They are built to stuff the run and rush the passer when you become one-dimensional.So far,it doesn't look like Buffalo has any answer for that style defense.They have gotten mauled against the Fins and Jets.

Back
Top Bottom