Cam Newton? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton?

I think Newton could be a real good QB in this draft but only way i want to draft him is if we can trade down into the mid 20's and draft him their. I am hoping our first pick will be Justin Blackmon if he comes out

agreee.....jason campbell anyone

Really???? Please tell me that link is because the both played for Auburn. Otherwise Jason Campbell doesn't have half the skill set that Newton has.

i think he can play in the nfl..but i'm no qb draft guru admittedly...i do agree that he seemed to shell up once he got dinged a little bit...

i still bet you guys money he goes top 10...unless the nfl uncovers some mike vick like scandal

i think he can play in the nfl..but i'm no qb draft guru admittedly...i do agree that he seemed to shell up once he got dinged a little bit...

I saw that too. Although they really didn't call many passing plays in the last 8 minutes of the game other than a few WR screens so he was basically running with it or handing off. Really wanted to see what he would do on that last drive, but when the RB rolled over that tackle for 37 yards it ended any chance of him passing. He's not my first choice for QB but I'd still take him before Mallett or Locker.

It hurt to see the Pats and Jets have franchise QB's and Buffalo most likely picking one up in the draft, most likely Cam Newton and us still stuck with Chad Henne. ;(

clear.gif

Newton blows.

Did anyone else notice that after he took that big hit in the 4th qtr tonight, that he avoided contact at all costs afterwards? He slid down a couple of times and it just seemed he wanted no part of any contact. He also had the key fumble that almost cost them the game. That ball came flying out like a stolen laptop. Something tells me that Cam found another way to get the 200 grand he and his pops wanted.

Nevertheless, in the NFL, the defenses are bigger, stronger, and faster. He will not be effective running the ball. And if that hit is any indication, he isnt going to be able to endure the punishment. He will be too soft for the NFL after watching him following that hit.

And we all know if he is a total non weapon running with the ball, he cant really be effective. No matter what anyone says, he does not have NFL QB skills in the pocket, throwing the football. He just dosent. He is a total bust waiting to happen. If anything, he could be a TE if he can catch, but I dont know anything about his receiving skills. After watching that display earlier though, Im not so sure he can take the punishment of an NFL TE and be effective blocking.

Just so NO to Scam Newton.

And oh yea, on top of all of that, have you guys noticed he is a complete and total moron? Ever listened to him speak? He is dumber than Tony Morono. However, Morono has never stolen laptops or tried to rip 200 Gs off a college program and blame it on his father and let him pretend it was for Jesus.

If you think Scam Newton can play QB in the league......GET REAL!

Yeah, I didn't like what I saw after that hit, which he took diving head on vs sliding. Something he'd have to learn quickly in the NFL is to slide on those. I'll also give you that I have concerns about his character and mental make up which I would hope we'd get a feel for well before the draft. I can live with passing on him if that comes into question. Frankly I don't have a problem with college players being paid as the NCAA are the biggest hypocrites in sports. Make billions off these athletes while the kids get nothing. Especially when a lot of these kids come from poorer families.

I think most of us would have wanted Luck and then likely Gabbert whom I've slightly blind to as I've only seen him play once. From what I've read seems Gabbert could be less likely to flop in the NFL, but will be pretty tough to obtain as it appears he's going top 5. I've seen Mallett several times and while he has a cannon, he falls apart when he is pressured and when pairing that in his total lack of mobility I think he will have real problems without an elite O-line. Incidently, I heard a Mallett interview and he's got nothing on Cam. I don't think Locker has the accuracy to play in the NFL although he has a ton of athletic ability. Could be he lacked the talent around him, but I don't totally buy that as I've seen him miss a ton of makeable throws. Only other guy I have interest in is Weeden based watching OK State a couple times, but a lot on CK's analysis. I hate his age as it brings up really bad memories of Beck but I think age is where most of that comparison ends.

So who's your guy WV?

Newton blows.

Did anyone else notice that after he took that big hit in the 4th qtr tonight, that he avoided contact at all costs afterwards? He slid down a couple of times and it just seemed he wanted no part of any contact. He also had the key fumble that almost cost them the game. That ball came flying out like a stolen laptop. Something tells me that Cam found another way to get the 200 grand he and his pops wanted.

Nevertheless, in the NFL, the defenses are bigger, stronger, and faster. He will not be effective running the ball. And if that hit is any indication, he isnt going to be able to endure the punishment. He will be too soft for the NFL after watching him following that hit.

And we all know if he is a total non weapon running with the ball, he cant really be effective. No matter what anyone says, he does not have NFL QB skills in the pocket, throwing the football. He just dosent. He is a total bust waiting to happen. If anything, he could be a TE if he can catch, but I dont know anything about his receiving skills. After watching that display earlier though, Im not so sure he can take the punishment of an NFL TE and be effective blocking.

Just so NO to Scam Newton.

And oh yea, on top of all of that, have you guys noticed he is a complete and total moron? Ever listened to him speak? He is dumber than Tony Morono. However, Morono has never stolen laptops or tried to rip 200 Gs off a college program and blame it on his father and let him pretend it was for Jesus.

If you think Scam Newton can play QB in the league......GET REAL!

In regards to the hits I have seen this guy play several times this year and his wincing ect are all an act. Notice how long it takes him to get up on routine plays. The guy is a look at me freak. I have seen to many similiar situations like his not translate to the NFL to take him at 15 much less move up for him. There is one thing worse than not taking a franchise QB when it is in your lap, and that is busting on a guy that early in the first round because you are freaking about your current QB status.

if you are gonna draft Newton you better have somebody who can develop a QB and a nice vet to teach him as well. He showed a few good things. His TD to Jeff Blake's kid he reacted quick to the blitz, and had nice touch. He also did a good job avoiding pressure a few times but not scrambling, and got rid of the ball instead of doing something stupid.

That being said there were a few things I didn't like.
1.His interception bothered me. The play seemed like a one read pass, and Oregon had the WR double covered. If Newton didn't overthow the pass (which got picked) it would've been picked anyway.
2.His accuracy was way off on quite a few plays. He missed some wide open WRs bad, and was throwing high a lot.

Really id it wasn't for Dyer, Auburn loses IMO.

Id take Gabbert over anyone but would be happy with Newton... Those are the only 2 QBs I like

Back
Top Bottom