Cam Newton? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton?

yeah but with sparano and company i think it wouldn't work...but i'm with you...if this kid lights it up in the interview room and shows me he's coachable and i find out from others his work ethic is there i'd take a chance on him in a heartbeat...the talent is too good and we have such a need

alas sparano though would have that dang 3 second buzzer in his ear before he shaked the commishs hand following the pick...

Sparano just needs to do this same thing next year that he did to fix the Henning offense this year....which is absolutely nothing. Difference (if the football gods are with us) is that we'll have an great OC and QB coach that knows what the hell the are doing.

Sparano can still do nothing but will just have to learn to fist pump to touchdowns.

Why is everyone so high on Gab, I like what I've seen from Cam.. Reads the field well unlike Mr. Roboto

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Henne + Mallet =
[video=youtube;7bkIhXU40RA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bkIhXU40RA[/video]

Why so we have a slower version of what we already have. Its either Gabert (more traditional pocket passer) which we will have to pull a Ricky Williams draft day trade to get or Newton (impact player and great improviser)who we will still need to trade up for just not as much

Mallet has a huge arm and can make thrown but the second he has to readjust or move around int he pocket his is probably the 8th best QB IN THIS CLASS.

Valid point, having a speedier QB allows for covering other weaknesses like our lack of a speedy RB, and also, the ability to scramble and make a play if the oline doesnt provide room (another problem we've now inherited from Sparano's doing)

Newton might not be the brightest guy, or the best Manning/Brady pure-pocket NFL passer, but if you look at the dolphins...were not ready for that yet. We need a legit athlete playmaker, a Brad Smith-type like the Jets have so that when Sanchez is blowin' it (almost every game) he came come in and make plays at all kinds of positions. Pat White wasn't the answer, he just wasn't big enough, not to mention we didn't use him correctly anyways.

If we decide to go pure pocket passer, sure, we'll have to go get a Vet, and probably settle on a mid-1st-rd pick like Jake Locker and have h9im develop for the next couple years with Henne as the competition. I can tell you all now though...that's going to be a frustrating time if none of these guys can improv on the plays without a decent RB or Oline depth solidified yet.

I think Newton is the type of guy who the fan base would be very excited about too. He's a playmaker. He's exciting and fun to watch. He's the type of guy who has the potential to sell tickets. Don't think that won't go into the thinking on whether to try and move up for him too. They know they have a lot of pissed off fans right now.

Valid point, having a speedier QB allows for covering other weaknesses like our lack of a speedy RB, and also, the ability to scramble and make a play if the oline doesnt provide room (another problem we've now inherited from Sparano's doing)

Newton might not be the brightest guy, or the best Manning/Brady pure-pocket NFL passer, but if you look at the dolphins...were not ready for that yet. We need a legit athlete playmaker, a Brad Smith-type like the Jets have so that when Sanchez is blowin' it (almost every game) he came come in and make plays at all kinds of positions. Pat White wasn't the answer, he just wasn't big enough, not to mention we didn't use him correctly anyways.

If we decide to go pure pocket passer, sure, we'll have to go get a Vet, and probably settle on a mid-1st-rd pick like Jake Locker and have h9im develop for the next couple years with Henne as the competition. I can tell you all now though...that's going to be a frustrating time if none of these guys can improv on the plays without a decent RB or Oline depth solidified yet.

I assure you without a shadow of a doubt that if Cam Newton is our pick, he will not be playing the Brad Smith version of the Jets. He's a QB not a slash type player that some folks seem desperate to place him into. Pat White should have been that guy, but his pride got in the way.

By the way that pic of Crowder is flippin hilarious!

I would be extremely leery about drafting a guy that has one prolific season. I mean realistically from what I can tell he has one season, PERIOD. I hope we are more willing to grab a guy with a solid collegiate history and not on the basis of one year, regardless of how good it is. I don't follow college all that much but how good is auburn as a TEAM. Something tells me that it isn't all Newton.

The newton pick sounds like another typical Finheaven infatuation. The guy should stay in school and get another year under his belt. If he continues to progress and put up another season like this year and shows more/continued maturity/leadership as a person then he may be considered.

I donno the Sanchize only had one season at USC and sure as hell didnt lead them to a National Championship appearance like Newton did and Newton did it in a MUCH TOUGHER conference and the Jests traded up and are set for YEARS......we need to trade up and make an impact and Newton could be that guy even with only one season

and BTW...that one season might have been the greatest single season in college football history there is serious talent there.

There are plenty of good FAs THIS YEAR to fill gaps we need filled, but the draft is to get us a long term solution and that may be Newton

2 things

1.NIck Fairly is the best player out there tonight

2.Cam Newton has already shown more composure and better decision making than Vince Young ever has

Buffalo picks third this year I believe.

That's where Newton will go.

I like the dude from Arkansas.

I assure you without a shadow of a doubt that if Cam Newton is our pick, he will not be playing the Brad Smith version of the Jets. He's a QB not a slash type player that some folks seem desperate to place him into. Pat White should have been that guy, but his pride got in the way.

By the way that pic of Crowder is flippin hilarious!

lolol thanks, I just pause randomly in Fin locker room videos and look for the best faces.

I wonder what's easier to knock down, Pat White or his pride.

2 things

2.Cam Newton has already shown more composure and better decision making than Vince Young ever has

yeah but fairleys unblocked half the dang time...thats the one guy i would make sure i had a helmet on...man though is that kid a dirty player...all year driving qbs into the ground and crowning them with the helmet forearms to the face stepping on guys...he's got nfl officials already ready to give him personal foul calls

vine young wasn't near the passer that cam newton is coming out...not near

Never seen a qb win a superbowl with his legs. I seen them win with thier passing ability and the ability to read defences.

There was this guy named Bob Griese. He used to be a pretty good scrambler/runner. I think Shula converted him more into a passer. Plus, Cam isnt only a runner.

2 things

Not to mention that I personally think that Young had much better offensive talent than newton has, other than Dyer they dont have a big time NFL prospect on offense and that Texas i think had atleast a few

This may be just me being stupid. But I feel like he is always throwing to a wide open receiver. The plays are set up so that run fakes every time to make space in the secondary. There isn't an "NFL" offense that will run fake like that to get windows like that. His completetions seem to be drag routes, wheel routes, playaction bubble screens all because of the threat of run from him. If he does that in the league he is a dead man.

I know that the offense that we run is going to be key, but im afraid he is going to be an Alex Smith coming out

It hurt to see the Pats and Jets have franchise QB's and Buffalo most likely picking one up in the draft, most likely Cam Newton and us still stuck with Chad Henne. ;(

Back
Top Bottom