Cam Newton? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton?

I would be extremely leery about drafting a guy that has one prolific season. I mean realistically from what I can tell he has one season, PERIOD. I hope we are more willing to grab a guy with a solid collegiate history and not on the basis of one year, regardless of how good it is. I don't follow college all that much but how good is auburn as a TEAM. Something tells me that it isn't all Newton.

The newton pick sounds like another typical Finheaven infatuation. The guy should stay in school and get another year under his belt. If he continues to progress and put up another season like this year and shows more/continued maturity/leadership as a person then he may be considered.

I would be extremely leery about drafting a guy that has one prolific season. I mean realistically from what I can tell he has one season, PERIOD. I hope we are more willing to grab a guy with a solid collegiate history and not on the basis of one year, regardless of how good it is. I don't follow college all that much but how good is auburn as a TEAM. Something tells me that it isn't all Newton.

The newton pick sounds like another typical Finheaven infatuation. The guy should stay in school and get another year under his belt. If he continues to progress and put up another season like this year and shows more/continued maturity/leadership as a person then he may be considered.

Auburn was very average before he got there

i am lmao at anyone who thinks cam newton doesn't warrant top 10 talent...i've never seen such accuracy with the ball despite questionable footwork...can you imagine if you cleaned up that footwork??? the balls already on point...got an absolute howlitzer for an arm...flick of the wrist and the balls on fire

the 30 yard td where he threw a jump pass that ball placement doesn't get any better and that sucker was 30 yards in the air off the hop...dodged the edge rusher and flicked the ball with ease

and when his footwork is right the throwing motion and ball looks pretty dang good to me...add in the legs element and this kids talent is crazy

even the pick he threw i thought the wr screwed him on the route...if we didn't have sparano and that band of clowns running this offense i think that talent is something that can work in the nfl but you need an oc and offensive mindset that fits his skill set...you plan on running pa and making him turn his back to the field all the time and then make quick reads you're playing with fire...still the ball placement and the arm are rediculous

guy makes daunte culpepper look small...huge kid...in great shape...great demeanor to boot...i've yet to see him look frazzled on the field all year

What's the consensus? Do yall want him in Miami... or do you think he's just a big Pat White, that'll end up playing baseball or stealing computers and selling them on ebay?

I'd love to have him, he's a healthy Daunte Culpepper in the making!!

Funny comment that he is limping around right now. Solid 19 yards at the half.

281 attempts 1682 yards 21 TD going into the season, dont just judge one game

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

I'd love to have him, he's a healthy Daunte Culpepper in the making!!

if thats the case, NOOOOO! culpepper was a product of moss.... he would have been nothing without him

Considering James is heading back to school, I am not going to worry about him at this point.

Lets worry about speed on the perimeter and a TE that can down the hash.

Oh yeah, QB and an interior O-line fix up.

(a RB too) LOL.

The list ain't too long...

(Sign Soliai too)

don't worry guys..someons gonna fall in love with that cam newton package and come up into the top 10 to get him...book it

I wouldn't call top 15 from 2004-2008 plus an 8-5 season last year with a win in last years Outback bowl to be "very average".

8-5 in college is pretty average if you think about it... might not be as average in the SEC but still average. But to not give Newton most of the credit has not been watching them in recent years

it's really tough to judge him because some of these completions are a result of Malzahn's offense. The last TD was a good throw by Cam, but his INT was poor judgement.

I just dunno yet.

Exactly right. I like Newton. If he passes the questions where we don't think he's got Vince Young maturity issues, I'd love to have him. I'm sure that will shake out in interviews as we head toward the draft. To your point that he's successful because of the offense, nothing says the team that drafts him can't implement an offense that works to his strengths. If we draft him to be strictly a drop back passer then he will likely fail. If we draft him and use his elite athletic ability then we just might have something special. I live for the day to see a Miami QB escape pressure and turn nothing into a big play. He'll take some hits ala Vick, but he's got about 40-50 more lbs of size to take them.

for a team thats in dire need of landing a difference making qb someone tell me how on this earth you wouldn't invest a top 20 pick in that kid newton...for real...i'm all ears

lets assume that we have an oc an mindset that actually knew how to do something other than 3 yards and a cloud of dust...

for a team thats in dire need of landing a difference making qb someone tell me how on this earth you wouldn't invest a top 20 pick in that kid newton...for real...i'm all ears

lets assume that we have an oc an mindset that actually knew how to do something other than 3 yards and a cloud of dust...

that would be KEY if we drafted him... having an OC that didnt force a style on him but built one around him

Back
Top Bottom