Cam Newton? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton?

Well for one thing, at least a guy like Newton should be able to escape when turnstyle Vernon Carey blows another block. So year, maybe worth investing after all...

Newton is JaMarcus Russell Part 2

no he isnt.... russells problem was his work ethic, newton has a very good one... russell was very lazy and took his talents for granted... never studied the game let his weight get out of control.. from what i hear, newton is a standup guy and works hard in the film room and on the practice field

Never seen a qb win a superbowl with his legs. I seen them win with thier passing ability and the ability to read defences.

Newton is JaMarcus Russell Part 2

How can you compare the two? What about there games is at all similar? Russell was all arm and no work ethic. Accuracy was always questionable. Newton has been extremely accurate and is light years of a better athlete. I don't have the info to judge his work ethic and maturity, but if he passes those tests in the pre-draft workouts and interviews, I'd be thrilled to get this guy.

If this FO is interested in FA Vince Young, you know they are going to take a SERIOUS look at Newton, who i would rather have of the two.

Newton's throwing motion looks exactly like JaMarcus Russell's throwing motion. Newton's questionable character is a concern also.

Newton's throwing motion looks exactly like JaMarcus Russell's throwing motion. Newton's questionable character is a concern also.

his mechanics are head and shoulders above russells, though one big thing newton needs to wok on is his footwork, but so do most college QBs

How can you compare the two? What about there games is at all similar? Russell was all arm and no work ethic. Accuracy was always questionable. Newton has been extremely accurate and is light years of a better athlete. I don't have the info to judge his work ethic and maturity, but if he passes those tests in the pre-draft workouts and interviews, I'd be thrilled to get this guy.

yeah but with sparano and company i think it wouldn't work...but i'm with you...if this kid lights it up in the interview room and shows me he's coachable and i find out from others his work ethic is there i'd take a chance on him in a heartbeat...the talent is too good and we have such a need

alas sparano though would have that dang 3 second buzzer in his ear before he shaked the commishs hand following the pick...

Would love to have him, but only if we are POSITIVE his head is screwed on straight. I'm not crazy about his history.
Yes, he's a kid. Yes, kids make mistakes. %99 of college QBs are smarter than that though.

I want Mallett.

Why so we have a slower version of what we already have. Its either Gabert (more traditional pocket passer) which we will have to pull a Ricky Williams draft day trade to get or Newton (impact player and great improviser)who we will still need to trade up for just not as much

Mallet has a huge arm and can make thrown but the second he has to readjust or move around int he pocket his is probably the 8th best QB IN THIS CLASS.

Back
Top Bottom