can you get burnt twice and still be the best lol | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

can you get burnt twice and still be the best lol

I dont think anyone said that Vontae was indeed "better" than Revis at this point. But I have yet to see anyone admit what most Fin Fans have been trying to prove with this thread...Vontea had a better 2010 season through 5 weeks of the season.

Again, long way to go.

Well of course he has, Revis hasn't even been on the field for half of the games so far. The only game where he was healthy was Week 1 and he didn't allow anything in that game.

Vontae is quietly turning into a beast at CB, but this isn't really a worthwhile discussion when Revis isn't even healthy.

Now if you like, I'll say he's having a better year than Cromartie, though Cromartie certainly is holding his own.

Revis is good, he just has an ego and it caught up with him a bit. If he wants to be elite he can be. He just needed to be put in his place a bit.

But any (Edit: rational) Jets Fan has to admit Vontae has been better than Revis so far this year.

Yes. The Dolphins #1 corner, thus far, has been better than a player who's played 1 game after missing all of training camp, a half before hurting himself, and then another game before he was fully healthy.

Revis is a greedy douche, but he's also great. And he's also hurt.

I am still not sold at the Revis being the best corner in the league. When he plays healthy, he is definately top 5. Bailey, Woodson, Sanders, etc etc did it for a long time, and Bailey had that ridiculous 06 season that is as good as Revis's season last year. I think Champ was also playing hurt that year with a groin injury and wearing some freaky harness and still shutting people out. Revis is an outstanding cornerback, and the team is cashing the check for his greed right now by covering his slack and making up for his absence due to lack of conditioning. Davis is also an outstanding corner based on his performance thus far. In both cases, it is way too early in their careers to say they are THE best, or that one is better than the other. They are both excellent at what they do, but Davis is definately playing better ball right now. That is a fact.

Actually there were few articles (around the time the DPOTY award was awarded) where they said Revis deserved it based on the fact that his #'s from last year were far and beyond anything any corner had ever done. They said the only way to compare was to examine another position and add like 1000 yards to Marino's best year. His #'s were so dominating in terms of YPA and how many passes were thrown his way (which was highest in the league) that no other corner comes close. I'm not going to say he's the best ever, but what he did last year was just dominating.

I didn't know the Dolphins won that game.

But, your girl appears to have big jugs, so it's all good.

dude thats disrespectful as ****

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Actually there were few articles (around the time the DPOTY award was awarded) where they said Revis deserved it based on the fact that his #'s from last year were far and beyond anything any corner had ever done. They said the only way to compare was to examine another position and add like 1000 yards to Marino's best year. His #'s were so dominating in terms of YPA and how many passes were thrown his way (which was highest in the league) that no other corner comes close. I'm not going to say he's the best ever, but what he did last year was just dominating.

last year...

Money got to his head? He signed a 6 years $36 million rookie deal, how come money didn't "get to his head" then? Speaking of excuses, why can't Vontae help his team win?

yea i know you jets fans arent smart but do the math tard. he was due to make a million this year. now take 36 and divide it by 6 and that equals 6. so that means he is getting paid 5 million more than he would have. so yea money got to his head. and if it didnt why did he hold out?

hes easing his way back into the nfl... are you guys that blind lol.....

if the jets offered revis for vontae davis all of you would take it in a matter of seconds.

btw vontae had help over moss 75% of the game lol

and u lost.

yea i know you jets fans arent smart but do the math tard. he was due to make a million this year. now take 36 and divide it by 6 and that equals 6. so that means he is getting paid 5 million more than he would have. so yea money got to his head. and if it didnt why did he hold out?

Yes, math is a struggle. He was due only 1 mil this year. But he had two more years and almost 22 mil left. So yeah, an extra 5 mil this year, and not so much next 2 years.

Not matter how hard you try and find a reason that he won't be the same Revis as before, youre barking up the wrong tree. He's the best and isn't going anywhere for awhile.

hes easing his way back into the nfl... are you guys that blind lol.....

if the jets offered revis for vontae davis all of you would take it in a matter of seconds.

btw vontae had help over moss 75% of the game lol

and u lost.
for smith or allen lol not davis. revis is very good no denying that but i like davis' upside. no im not saying one is better than the other im talking **** bc one its a jets player two i dont care what the excuse is he has played like straight crap. and if he is the best he would have played better regardless.

for smith or allen lol not davis. revis is very good no denying that but i like davis' upside. no im not saying one is better than the other im talking **** bc one its a jets player two i dont care what the excuse is he has played like straight crap. and if he is the best he would have played better regardless.

His upside, if he develops as much as fins fans predict he will, he more than likely won't be as good as Revis. You are completely understating how good he's been in one one one coverage.

Funny, he's straight crap play amounts to this. No catches given up vs the Ravens. One catch where Moss makes an ungodly one handed catch and he blew out his hammy, and 2 catches he gave up to Harvin. Even ignoring the injury, not too shabby. All in single coverage, no help.

He's so good that when someone makes a catch against him, we're shocked.

talk about getting burned.......jennings just left a burn out mark all over vontae's face.

So by using 'Dolphan' logic, Vontae Davis is NOT the best because he got absolutely microwaved by Greg Jennings. Revis never got torched for 86 yards in his career.

So by using 'Dolphan' logic, Vontae Davis is NOT the best because he got absolutely microwaved by Greg Jennings. Revis never got torched for 86 yards in his career.

i have to say....i'm really enjoying the threads over here of late. between this one, and the jets maybe 0-5 and the lets go broncos thread.........this place is fun

Back
Top Bottom