can you get burnt twice and still be the best lol | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

can you get burnt twice and still be the best lol

LOL this thread is beyond stupid. Vontae has improved upon last year but he is still doing what made him a liability last year...Biting hard on pump fakes and double moves...Granted I like that he is aggressive and a great tackler

But you guys have got to stop putting him on Revis' level already. And Revis is obviously struggling because he is getting back to form, but as of this moment Revis is still a much better corner

all i gotta say is revis does not like as intimidating as last year. try spinning it however u want that hes hurt, etc, bottom line is the facts are the facts, he does not look as good.

and i don't want to here hamstring injury excuses anymore because if he has a hurt hamstring then he shouldn't have been playing yesterday on a short week when a bye is coming up, and if that's the case then ur coach is real stupid to let him play, or if he was able to play, his hamstring must be a non issue anymore and he still didn't look so good.

revis island is no more. he maybe good, but its not an island anymore.
give him 2-3 weeks after the bye, and if he isnt playing like Revis Christ of last year then you are right. but you have to put in account he wasnt in training camp, and has an injury. yes the training camp, and hammy **** is his fault, but to say he isnt the same guy is hilarious.

revis island is no more? lol. 50% of the plays every jets corner is almost on an island.

come on man, i know ur a jet fan and all but he didnt play great yesterday. he was average at best. he didnt play like someone who should have an island named after him, or a corner who should be the highest paid.

He's not the highest paid, why you keep saying that is odd. And for someone you claim played poorly he gave up 4 catches for 48 yards.

Is it that as a fin fan who readily admits to hating anything jet you just claim that Revis played poorly without having a clue to what he did on a given week?

Funny, having watched the game, his coverages were dead on. When beaten it was a matter of being out jumped for jump balls. Or a remnant of his bad hammy. No matter how much you want to ignore his physical limitations. Don't sweat it, he'll be fine next time he steps onto a field.

He's not the highest paid, why you keep saying that is odd. And for someone you claim played poorly he gave up 4 catches for 48 yards.

Is it that as a fin fan who readily admits to hating anything jet you just claim that Revis played poorly without having a clue to what he did on a given week?

Funny, having watched the game, his coverages were dead on. When beaten it was a matter of being out jumped for jump balls. Or a remnant of his bad hammy. No matter how much you want to ignore his physical limitations. Don't sweat it, he'll be fine next time he steps onto a field.
i did watch the game, and ya he didnt look so good. apparently my eyes were not the only one's who saw that he didnt look so good, as talk radio in ny the next morning, guys who are jet fans, were saying how revis just does not look the same.

obviously i do know what im talking about, dont bring up stats, if u saw the game, which im sure u have since ur a jet fan, u would know he didnt look so good. dont bring up those stats, stats dont always tell the story.

i did watch the game, and ya he didnt look so good. apparently my eyes were not the only one's who saw that he didnt look so good, as talk radio in ny the next morning, guys who are jet fans, were saying how revis just does not look the same.

obviously i do know what im talking about, dont bring up stats, if u saw the game, which im sure u have since ur a jet fan, u would know he didnt look so good. dont bring up those stats, stats dont always tell the story.

Seems to me that not only are your eyes tainted by fin colored glasses, so are your ears.

Every single show, WFAN, ESPN, SNY and ESPN TV, every one talked about how much better Revis looked.

And stats, when its 4 for 48, which includes a TD that was not a catch is important. 4 for 48, 15 or so which would have come off if challenged is an ok day. Sorry if getting abused on a daily basis in NY by Jet fans PI$$es you off.

Try again though, tell us how Revis sucks, Cromartie is lucky, the Jet D is over rated, Sanchez is lucky, Jets are over rated, Rex is arrogant. Did I miss any? LOL

Seems to me that not only are your eyes tainted by fin colored glasses, so are your ears.

Every single show, WFAN, ESPN, SNY and ESPN TV, every one talked about how much better Revis looked.

And stats, when its 4 for 48, which includes a TD that was not a catch is important. 4 for 48, 15 or so which would have come off if challenged is an ok day. Sorry if getting abused on a daily basis in NY by Jet fans PI$$es you off.

Try again though, tell us how Revis sucks, Cromartie is lucky, the Jet D is over rated, Sanchez is lucky, Jets are over rated, Rex is arrogant. Did I miss any? LOL
i honestly dont no wat time u listened to wfan because i listened to joe and evan, mike francesa, even a little of espn, and none of them said anything about how much better revis looked. he looked slow, and although he may have had a few nice plays, he still got beat on several occasions.

about getting abused daily by jet fans, im not worried, ill get the last laugh at the end. enjoy now, u wont be enjoying for much longer.

i honestly dont no wat time u listened to wfan because i listened to joe and evan, mike francesa, even a little of espn, and none of them said anything about how much better revis looked. he looked slow, and although he may have had a few nice plays, he still got beat on several occasions.

about getting abused daily by jet fans, im not worried, ill get the last laugh at the end. enjoy now, u wont be enjoying for much longer.

Anyone who watched could see how much better revis looked on Sunday. he did get beat a time or 2 but Orton made some incredible throws and the TD the WR was actually out of bounds but we got screwed(again). Revis was right there w/ every throw for the first time this season. he is close to being back to normal.

Anyone saying Revis didn't look much better last week has no idea what they're talking about in regards to Revis. Please do yourselves a favor and just stop talking about something you have no clue about.

He looked far better than any other point in the season last week and you'll probably see him back to 100% the next time he plays. That's really bad news for the rest of the teams we face because it means Rex has his full toolkit available to unleash and the defense should get back to being one of the better ones in the league.

He's clearly not back to form, and probably never will be, if by "form" people mean 2009. Last year was such a statistical anomaly it's almost impossible to repeat, let alone repeat year after year. And in the mean time Cromartie is playing well beyond expectations and guys that most Jet fans had given up for dead (Drew Coleman???!) have been bringing their A-game.

There really shouldn't be this much room left to improve on defense on a team that's 5-1, but there is. And that's friggin scary.

He's clearly not back to form, and probably never will be, if by "form" people mean 2009. Last year was such a statistical anomaly it's almost impossible to repeat, let alone repeat year after year. And in the mean time Cromartie is playing well beyond expectations and guys that most Jet fans had given up for dead (Drew Coleman???!) have been bringing their A-game.

There really shouldn't be this much room left to improve on defense on a team that's 5-1, but there is. And that's friggin scary.

Our D has been mediocre, there is alot of room to improve and as Revis keeps getting back to normal the D will be much better. revis may never have a year like 2009 but there was such a wide gap btw him and the next best corner that he could drop 5-10% and still be great and still be the best or top 2.

What's really funny is this belief that Vontae Davis is in the same league as Revis.

No offense, he looks like a nice young player, but he's not as good as our number 2 corner. Cromartie is better than Davis.

revis had nearly perfect coverage on wrs against denver..besides a few plays.

on some plays with revis, and near perfect coverage passes were caught. he isnt revis christ form yet, but he looked very close during the denver game.

It seemed to me that the hammy was preventing Revis from jumping. He had perfect coverage on every play. The plays were catches were made, outside of the td that wasn't a td or a catch, he lost out on jump ball. When receivers outjump Revis to the ball, you know he's not right physically.

Back
Top Bottom