CB's in drills today | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CB's in drills today

I see that my boy Adrian Bushell ran a 4.5 forty and put up 17 reps on the bench. How has he looked in the position drills? I think he'll be a very good mid-round pick up for someone (maybe even the Dolphins).

Banks's slow forty could be a good thing for Miami. Some say we might of considered him at 12, but according to Mike Mayock, who really likes him, he said his 40 time probabaly dropped him out of the 1st rd. He could be there in rd 2 for us now.

Trufant may of moved ahead of Banks today as the 3rd best CB in the draft. The guy I think is the #2 corner behind Milner, Xavier rhoades did pretty well. 4.41

Banks looked very good in the drills. Really smooth. I'm still a big fan of his.

There are a lot of intriguing DBs to choose from with our top 5 picks. Of the lesser lights, Micah Hyde is a guy I like that doesn't get a lot of hype. He's maybe a little stiff-hipped, but he answered concerns about his straight-line speed with a 4.47. Would make a nice safety convert at the worst and you'll probably get him in the 4th or 5th.

To me, there is a very congested market for CBs and safeties in rounds 2 to 4, a bit like the WR market. Our scouts and evaluators are going to have to be on the money to separate the great from the good and the bust. This is a huge draft for us on so many levels and the Combine has made it a little more difficult, by not putting a lot of separation between guys.

I'm pretty sure he meant he hurt himself as in hurt his hamstring at the end of the second run. Not hurt his draft stock.

My bad, hope it is nothing serious. I am not watching just got my info off Walter Football.

Banks looked very good in the drills. Really smooth. I'm still a big fan of his.

There are a lot of intriguing DBs to choose from with our top 5 picks. Of the lesser lights, Micah Hyde is a guy I like that doesn't get a lot of hype. He's maybe a little stiff-hipped, but he answered concerns about his straight-line speed with a 4.47. Would make a nice safety convert at the worst and you'll probably get him in the 4th or 5th.

To me, there is a very congested market for CBs and safeties in rounds 2 to 4, a bit like the WR market. Our scouts and evaluators are going to have to be on the money to separate the great from the good and the bust. This is a huge draft for us on so many levels and the Combine has made it a little more difficult, by not putting a lot of separation between guys.

Banks didn't look good to me in drills. Think he looked awkward changing directions, had trouble staying low, wasted movements.

I've been trying to get the point across since November that Banks' was going to drop. He was exposed too many times during the season.

Leon McFadden and Jamar Taylor are two CB's that everyone needs to get hot on. I've been on 'em for a while.

They were projecting him at about 4.5 so I doubt it hurt him, it actually may have helped him. 10 yard split was very good.
:lol: I should have made it clearer. He pulled up limping.

This has to be the best group of DBs running the 40 in the history of the combine. Only one disappointing unofficial time, numerous sub 4.4 times, & it seems like everyone else ran in the 4.4s. As a whole I'm very impressed.

I liked Shamarko Thomas' explosion out of the blocks. Looking forward to seeing his performance in drills.

How's Logan Ryan looking? I'm not hearing much anymore about him as a second rounder. Is he slipping?

How's Logan Ryan looking? I'm not hearing much anymore about him as a second rounder. Is he slipping?

2nd round was awful steep for Logan Ryan in my opinion. I felt like he should've stayed in school. Cobi Hamilton is an extremely mediocre receiver prospect and I literally watched him set an SEC record for receiving yards matched up with Logan Ryan (303 yards and 3 TD's). It wasn't even close.

Back
Top Bottom