CB's in drills today | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CB's in drills today

who has looked most impressive in speed turn and transition drills?

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

I like Trufant as my #2 CB off film. Helped himself by 4.31 unofficial, two brothers are NFL CB's.

technically three. Their other brother played for the Jets a bit.

Banks had a mediocre day in drills. Looked okay at times, but absolutely awful at other points. IMO he's probably off our board. I like him as a player, but he's looking like a strict zone CB

I liked how Shaun Williams from Georgia looked today. He surprised me in his overall performance at the combine. I loved his play on the field during his college career. I'm hoping Miami drafts him to pair up with Jones at the safety position. The one thing about Williams I'm a big fan of, He's a Leader and isn't afraid to challenge his teammates, which is something I think would bode well for the DB's on the Dolphins. I'm a big fan of his and wish him well during his NFL career.

I liked how Shaun Williams from Georgia looked today. He surprised me in his overall performance at the combine. I loved his play on the field during his college career. I'm hoping Miami drafts him to pair up with Jones at the safety position. The one thing about Williams I'm a big fan of, He's a Leader and isn't afraid to challenge his teammates, which is something I think would bode well for the DB's on the Dolphins. I'm a big fan of his and wish him well during his NFL career.

Shawn Williams plays the same position as Reshad Jones. We need Georgia's other safety.

I've been trying to get the point across since November that Banks' was going to drop. He was exposed too many times during the season.

Leon McFadden and Jamar Taylor are two CB's that everyone needs to get hot on. I've been on 'em for a while.
I saw Taylor in SB practice and came away very impressed.

Banks had a mediocre day in drills. Looked okay at times, but absolutely awful at other points. IMO he's probably off our board. I like him as a player, but he's looking like a strict zone CB
yeah my bad I was implying he had two brothers that were in the league

i obviously only saw the good stuff, I was impressed. Was flicking between cameras, so maybe didn't see all of him. What I saw, he was very fluid.

my impressions from DB Group 1:
liked Brandon McGee from Miami (hurricane fanes feel free to voice your opinion just saw/ heard of him today)
liked Bradley McDogould's size and footwork, looks like a boundary corner with slight hip tightness but great fit in press scheme
loved Milliner, but he has a few technical flaws, wasn't on the balls of his feet in his back pedal and didn't high point the football (but has shown he is more than capable of this on film). His backpedal will improve with more experience; bama runs press 85%

LOVED Tyrann Mathieu. not going to comment on character issues or whether he is even on Miami's board. Was highly (no pun intended) impressed with his ball skills. every single time he went up and got the ball at the highest point. I think he was by far the smoothest corner in drills; ran well, I don't care how many times he benched 225, he could tackle in the SEC no problem. from a talent perspective I believe he is a top 15 player but the off the field stuff is another story so I won't pretend like I know how teams evaluate that. If Janoris Jenkins is a 2nd round pick so will Tyrann. Will post again after watching Group 2

PS... We took that bum Chad Johnson who's only memorable play was dropping a wide open slant against TB in preseason, I HOPE we consider him at #42 at least he can play football.

Lots of fast guys. NFL.com has Milliner at 4.37. I want this guy bad

But how do you explain him getting beat for five touchdowns against Miami? Dorsett, Scott, & Hurns are all different types of receviers & beat him in a variety of ways.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

That's crazy, I didn't think he was that fast.

I'm not saying he's 1st round. But I'd heard stuff about him not being drafted at all or going 6th or 7th round etc. I don't think he ever fell that far. Maybe 3rd round-ish.

PS... We took that bum Chad Johnson who's only memorable play was dropping a wide open slant against TB in preseason, I HOPE we consider him at #42 at least he can play football.

Chad Johnson didn't cost us a high 2nd round pick either.

Kayvon Webster with a nice 4.35 in the 40. Excellent day for him.

Shamarko Thomas knocked it out of the park. Knew he would.

You see these guys like Tyrann Mathieu only put up the bench 4 times and you know that he hasn't really been working. He tried to cram for the test. You see the same with Damontre Moore. You wonder how reliable they are.

That's not something you're ever going to worry about with Shamarko Thomas. He lost his mom to a heart condition in 2010 and lost his dad 9 months later to a motorcycle accident. He became head of household for 5 younger siblings. He considered coming out for the Draft immediately in 2011 to provide for them, but it wasn't time. He delayed the gratification so he could get better at his craft and do the best he could do. You will never, ever have to worry about lighting a fire under that man. His fire burns bright and hot.

Honey Badger had a real nice day. Banks disappointed. Mayock has peaked my interest in Josh Johnson and Shamarko Thomas.

Syracuse fan here and Ive seen Thomas live. He is the best prospect to come out of that position in history I think. He was the guy making plays back there when they were made. Kind of guy who will work to prove himself.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

You see these guys like Tyrann Mathieu only put up the bench 4 times and you know that he hasn't really been working. He tried to cram for the test. You see the same with Damontre Moore. You wonder how reliable they are.

That's not something you're ever going to worry about with Shamarko Thomas. He lost his mom to a heart condition in 2010 and lost his dad 9 months later to a motorcycle accident. He became head of household for 5 younger siblings. He considered coming out for the Draft immediately in 2011 to provide for them, but it wasn't time. He delayed the gratification so he could get better at his craft and do the best he could do. You will never, ever have to worry about lighting a fire under that man. His fire burns bright and hot.

wow, did not know this. def worth a look.

No doubt about it. Here's the thread where I talked a little bit about him back in May of 2012, as he was a kid I was keen on heading into his Senior season:

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...s)/page2&highlight=Slimm's+underrated+seniors

Back
Top Bottom