Chad Henne performance clouded by drops | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Henne performance clouded by drops

Sometimes I wonder if fans post this stuff JUST to get others riled up. Even the OP has to realize the ridiculousness of this thread after seeing Henne for less than a half of football in a monsoon on a muddy field......in a freakin preseason game. Yeh, thats what you want to do. Show the rest of the league all your tricks in the first quarter of the first preseason game. The OP would make a great coach.

What I see in that is when the ball arrives Biggers is a lot closer to Marshall than the safety. The safety was still two yards short of being able to grab the ball if Henne puts it more in front of him.

I agree with RobertHorry about the slant route to Marshall... he couldn't lead him on that throw...

But I'm also going to disagree with the dig route to Marshall that he dropped... I believe Tampa blitzed on that play and Jake Long blocked down.... Ronnie stayed in and picked up the blitzer on Long's side... Ronnie is excellent at pass protection, but Henne couldn't count on nobody getting to him there after turning his back to the defense for a second in order to execute the play action fake.... he knew he needed to get rid of the football quickly there and made the correct read and the correct throw...

I think you're seeing the effects of the buzzer in practice with Henne checking down too quickly to covered players....

What they're trying to do with Henne is break him from holding the football too long... Get him to make a decision and pull the trigger... especially when he reads pre-snap that the blitz is coming. He's learning how to anticipate his receiver coming open rather than standing there holding the football too long WAITING for his receiver to come open...

Henne has to learn how to THROW his man open in certain instances....I actually saw signs of that in the game.

I agree with RobertHorry about the slant route to Marshall... he couldn't lead him on that throw...

But I'm also going to disagree with the dig route to Marshall that he dropped... I believe Tampa blitzed on that play and Jake Long blocked down.... Ronnie stayed in and picked up the blitzer on Long's side... Ronnie is excellent at pass protection, but Henne couldn't count on nobody getting to him there after turning his back to the defense for a second in order to execute the play action fake.... he knew he needed to get rid of the football quickly there and made the correct read and the correct throw...

I think you're seeing the effects of the buzzer in practice with Henne checking down too quickly to covered players....

What they're trying to do with Henne is break him from holding the football too long... Get him to make a decision and pull the trigger... especially when he reads pre-snap that the blitz is coming. He's learning how to anticipate his receiver coming open rather than standing there holding the football too long WAITING for his receiver to come open...

Henne has to learn how to THROW his man open in certain instances....I actually saw signs of that in the game.

Either way, the dig route was perfectly placed. Marshall has to catch that too.

What I see in that is when the ball arrives Biggers is a lot closer to Marshall than the safety. The safety was still two yards short of being able to grab the ball if Henne puts it more in front of him.

Sean Jones would have at least deflected it if Henne leads Marshall. If Jones decides to be aggressive and dive for the ball, its a possible INT.

It is tough to tell with that angle but it does look as if he could have led him a little more. The CB looks like he is right on top of him. Hard to say where his left arm is. The safety is a little off him and not looking. Tough throw but Marshall is one of the best for a reason. He has made catches much more difficult then that.

Or we could just say it was a rain soaked preseason game oh and the first one at that. If he is still check down Chad in the third ill worry.

Either way, the dig route was perfectly placed. Marshall has to catch that too.

Absolutely he has to catch that.... starting September 12th...

It was pretty clear to me that Marshall was just going through the motions and playing not to get hurt... and I don't blame him a helluva lot. Miserable conditions, sloppy field, meaningless game, etc..

Marshall doesn't need to make the team... nobody is a threat to him and it's up to the other WR's in practice to take some of the things they've learned from Marshall in practice and use it to help THEM make the team.

The coaching staff, his teammates, and everybody in the league knows what Marshall is capable of once the games mean something....

I see buggers on his hip over him and Sean jones the safety watching henne's eyes the entire time.

Not worried about Marshall, Cam, or Hartline one bit. I do however need to see Bess hold onto the ball no costly fumbles and drops this year. Turner was a great surprise couple nice grabs, maybe the back surgery was holding him back.

I saw alot of the first half, I think he looked very uncomfortable in that rain but he did have a few drops that made his night look worse. All that really matters is he got a little work in and came out of the game healthy.

bla bla bla said:
Henne is a ham and egger.. I know everyone wants to believe that he is the answer but I think his flaws are not correctable.

He has suspect deep ball accuracy, touch, and pocket presence.

Wow!!! When a Jets fan is making more sense than you.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep. Marshall HAS to catch that slant. Was it a perfect pass no? Was it thrown behind Marshall? Not really. That should be an easy catch for Marshall no doubt about it.

It's year three for Henne. It's time for him to play a lot better than he did this game, and at times last year. He has this great arm that people always talk about, and the kid is not only afraid to use it (it seems at times), he constantly settles for something that isn't a strength (checkdowns). I'm not drawing any conclusions after that game, but he needs to play better than that game showed, and he needs it in a hurry.

At this point, I'm still in wait-and-see mode for Henne.

wait a minute why is everyone letting Henning our Alledged offensive coordinator off the hook if they dont call for a pass downfield Henne may not thow it downfield. I think if we mixed it up more in the next game we should be better . a good offensive Coordinator will throw it more downfield if the opsoing deffense shuts our running game down , so Henning needs to let Henne throw it downfield just like everyone else has stated.

Back
Top Bottom