Chad Henne performance clouded by drops | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Henne performance clouded by drops

its the same over here with australian rules Preseason I can't wait for the NFL Proper season go Dolphins :) hoping we get least a few dolphin Games shown over here .

i rewatched all of henne's snaps last night and came away more happy than my real time look...i do think he had some issues with the wet ball but we ran some very vanilla plays and screens that frankly had no chance to do anything when he was in the game...

i expect more from him saturday weather permitting lol vs the jags...

i do think we should at least in practice dip the balls in water etc to simulate poor weather conditions and practice some like that...cause our players weren't ready for the elements...

I agree with RobertHorry about the slant route to Marshall... he couldn't lead him on that throw...

But I'm also going to disagree with the dig route to Marshall that he dropped... I believe Tampa blitzed on that play and Jake Long blocked down.... Ronnie stayed in and picked up the blitzer on Long's side... Ronnie is excellent at pass protection, but Henne couldn't count on nobody getting to him there after turning his back to the defense for a second in order to execute the play action fake.... he knew he needed to get rid of the football quickly there and made the correct read and the correct throw...

I think you're seeing the effects of the buzzer in practice with Henne checking down too quickly to covered players....

What they're trying to do with Henne is break him from holding the football too long... Get him to make a decision and pull the trigger... especially when he reads pre-snap that the blitz is coming. He's learning how to anticipate his receiver coming open rather than standing there holding the football too long WAITING for his receiver to come open...

Henne has to learn how to THROW his man open in certain instances....I actually saw signs of that in the game.

yep...i agree...the buzzer is in henne's head

i rewatched all of henne's snaps last night and came away more happy than my real time look...i do think he had some issues with the wet ball but we ran some very vanilla plays and screens that frankly had no chance to do anything when he was in the game...

i expect more from him saturday weather permitting lol vs the jags...

i do think we should at least in practice dip the balls in water etc to simulate poor weather conditions and practice some like that...cause our players weren't ready for the elements...
If there's good weather against the Jags, I expect Henne and the whole offense to play much better.

Back
Top Bottom