Chiefs Release Winston | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs Release Winston

Winston has no character issues. Contrary he has a high character calling out fans for cheering for player injuries.

and Rams cut Hunter. OT market is going to be flooded this offseason - nobody is going to get paid what they want. Good for us and our OT need.
Wayne Hunter? From NY last year? If so.. Keep him far away from Miami. Hunter sucks, bad. On the same level as Columbo. Definitely try out Winston though.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

he went to kc for the money...regardless if the team was a joke he should be a good soldier if you ask me...or better yet i bet that's what ireland and philbin would want...philbin especially strikes me that way...

plus i don't think winstons as good a player as he thinks he is anymore...he's become kinda stiff and a waist bender of late imo...but he does get the job done i guess...we could do worse no doubt about that

He definitely isnt as good as he used to be, but nevertheless he would be a solid addition at RT and fill a hole.

I LOVE WHAT HE SAID.. WHO DOESN'T STICK UP FOR THEIR QUARTERBACK??????????

"We are athletes, OK? We are athletes. We are not gladiators. This is not the Roman Coliseum. People pay their hard-earned money when they come in here, and I believe they can boo, they can cheer and they can do whatever they want, I believe that. We are lucky to play this game. People, it's hard economic times, and they still pay the money to do this. ...

"But when somebody gets hurt, there are long-lasting ramifications to the game we play, long-lasting ramifications to the game we play. I've already kinda come to the understanding that I won't live as long because I play this game, and that's OK, that's a choice I've made and a choice all of us have made.
"But when you cheer, when you cheer somebody getting knocked out, I don't care who it is, and it just so happened to be Matt Cassel -- it's sickening. It's 100 percent sickening. I've been in some rough times on some rough teams, I've never been more embarrassed in my life to play football than in that moment right there.
"It's sickening. And I was embarrassed. I want every single one of you people to put this on your station and in your newspapers because I want every fan to know that. This is a game that's going to cost us a lot down the road. That's OK. We picked it, we deserve it and I don't want your pity. But we have a lot of problems as a society if people think that's OK.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...on-blasts-chiefs-fans-over-matt-cassel-injury

what has he done that makes his character questionable? the only thing i've ever heard about him is that he called out the fans for cheering when Matt Cassell got killed and ended up with a concussion I actually think that should be applauded. That makes him sound like a leader to me. Reggie Bush and Dansby questioned the coaches on Hard Knocks when Chad Johnson got cut and they were the leaders of our team.

yeah but had the cameras not been in philbins office for hard knocks that would have been a private meeting...so i don't see how that applies...guys question things all the time in a private setting if there's an open door policy but don't air dirty laundry to the media...someone made a good point about dansby though taking some of his displeasures public...but i bet that didn't sit well with the front office...

but you guys may be right i haven't followed winston enough thru the years to really know but he strikes me as a bit too forthcoming on some things and i could see where it would rub some front office people the wrong way...more than anything though for me his legs don't look good to me...he just looks labored and that he's losing his knee bend when i see him...that would concern me...oh and he made $9 mil last year in kc...8 in a signing bonus and 900 k salary...pretty good take for one year of service...i saw his cap hit for this upcoming season was $6.5 mil that's not killer money for a tackle if he's playing at a high end level...they may have approached him about a cut and he said no thus the release but there may be more to it also...

and i kinda wonder i saving a mil this year or so to go use your top pick on a tackle when you have one that you consider to be so solid as is being tossed around here would lead you to believe would make much sense...

but then again i think they are leaning ideally trade out of the spot but no takers defense with that pick...we'll see...just how i see it

I LOVE WHAT HE SAID.. WHO DOESN'T STICK UP FOR THEIR QUARTERBACK??????????

"We are athletes, OK? We are athletes. We are not gladiators. This is not the Roman Coliseum. People pay their hard-earned money when they come in here, and I believe they can boo, they can cheer and they can do whatever they want, I believe that. We are lucky to play this game. People, it's hard economic times, and they still pay the money to do this. ...

"But when somebody gets hurt, there are long-lasting ramifications to the game we play, long-lasting ramifications to the game we play. I've already kinda come to the understanding that I won't live as long because I play this game, and that's OK, that's a choice I've made and a choice all of us have made.
"But when you cheer, when you cheer somebody getting knocked out, I don't care who it is, and it just so happened to be Matt Cassel -- it's sickening. It's 100 percent sickening. I've been in some rough times on some rough teams, I've never been more embarrassed in my life to play football than in that moment right there.
"It's sickening. And I was embarrassed. I want every single one of you people to put this on your station and in your newspapers because I want every fan to know that. This is a game that's going to cost us a lot down the road. That's OK. We picked it, we deserve it and I don't want your pity. But we have a lot of problems as a society if people think that's OK.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...on-blasts-chiefs-fans-over-matt-cassel-injury

Hes 100% right... Except when it comes to Tom Brady.. :d-day:

Bring him home! However would he play LT with us? I mean he's bigger than Martin isn't he?

by the way i don't endorse cheering any injury but if i was a chiefs fans and had to watch that guy play like ass for year after year i probably would throw stones...not cause of an injury on the field but to try and take getting him off the field into my own hands...

by the way i don't endorse cheering any injury but if i was a chiefs fans and had to watch that guy play like ass for year after year i probably would throw stones...not cause of an injury on the field but to try and take getting him off the field into my own hands...

You should do it and then run as fast as you can - and that may not be fast enough. No matter how much we hate some of them, or think they suck on the field, even the crappiest practice squad player would likely wipe the floor with just about any one of our asses. Even Cassell at 6-4 230.

Winston would be a nice FA addition, he should have came to Miami last year. No classless fans to deal with in Miami.

Looks like teams are getting smarter and are stopping over paying cornfed!

He's a RT... and keep in mind that released players can be signed at any time. Don't have to wait til March 12th to sign him. Fills a hole and allows us to focus on other positions in FA and the draft.

i would sign him only if we cut cogs to save cap room,then sign Levitre and o-line prob solved. Wallace signed then playmakers rest of way in draft

and Rams cut Hunter. OT market is going to be flooded this offseason - nobody is going to get paid what they want. Good for us and our OT need.

He's awful, i heard he had a bad year with them last year.

Back
Top Bottom