Chiefs Release Winston | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs Release Winston

Pick him up. If Martin gets stronger our o-line should be solid next year. Keenan Lewis and Wallace can be the other two FA signings. Goldson anyone? Any chance lebron can get some of these guys to come here?

Long will command a few million more than Winston.. Winston prolly could be had for 4-5 million per... Could use the money saved from resigning long and focus it on a veteran corner or help towards the Wallace pursuit

I think that the comments pertaining to Winston's character are wrong. Everything that I've heard about him is that he is articulate, highly intelligent and high character guy who could have a future in the media when his playing days are over.
When the labor negotiations with the NFL were pretty tense, I seem to recall that he was in demand from the radio stations like Sirius NFL, because he was one of the best Player reps.
The bigger question is whether he is still a top O-lineman. While he has played RT, I seem to recall that he strongly prefers playing LT. In which case we could look at him as Jake Long's prospective replacement.

I'd love to have Eric Winston. He was and is a quality RT. He is a vocal leader that stands up for.his teammates and his anti-fans comment meant he was going to have to go. He is a Miami guy so I doubt he gets into trouble with the Miami fans. I wanted to sign him before and hope we close the deal this time.

Let's be honest, he's better than Martin and unless Martin makes that huge jump in power that we are all hoping to see, Winston will be better next year too. Left Tackle? Martin will be a disaster at that.

Personally, I'd rather resign Long, sign Winston and trade Martin. I like the kid, but he has absolutely no sand in his pants. If it.doesn't change dramatically, he is a bit of a bust. :(

Agree with u think Winston would be an upgrade in the right tackle position.........LT up in air unless Lomg signs for under 7 mil.......

Sign me up... top 10 rt and should come at a decent price. 4-5 mil a year and will fill a big hole.
Wallace, Winston and Cook and I would be thrilled with FA.

Judging by that Chiefs board and some reports, he's got some "serious" injury concerns? Anybody know anything about this?

i dont get it, why are the Chiefs releasing one of their best OL? The Chiefs had a horrible OL, so releasing one of their best doesnt look good on Winston...

winston runs his mouth in the media too much...i doubt he'll have much market...says things off kilter about the organizations he plays for...maybe a little too honest i guess...doubt ireland and philbin would buy in...
Aside of his great quality as zone-blocking RT, I think Winston has a great heart and a lot of class.

Just remember the issue on KC fans. He was the only guy in a coward roster who criticized the low and classless act of Chiefs' fans who cheered when quarterback Matt Cassel went to the locker room with a head injury.
I recall a few years ago when A.J. Feeley got hurt and some fans were exited about it, but other fans at the Stadium corrected those crazy punks.
Matt Cassel deserved some backup from his teammates and I can't remember anyone else but Eric Winston making face for his QB.

I think that's the kind of personnel that Dolphins must add.

i dont get it, why are the Chiefs releasing one of their best OL? The Chiefs had a horrible OL, so releasing one of their best doesnt look good on Winston...
Chiefs are trying to add play makers, just like Dolphins.

Aside of any smokescreen, KC understands they won't trade down from top pick and the only spot worth it is OT.
Think about this movement as making room for Luke Joeckel or Erick Fisher.

I'd love to have Eric Winston. He was and is a quality RT. He is a vocal leader that stands up for.his teammates and his anti-fans comment meant he was going to have to go. He is a Miami guy so I doubt he gets into trouble with the Miami fans. I wanted to sign him before and hope we close the deal this time.

Let's be honest, he's better than Martin and unless Martin makes that huge jump in power that we are all hoping to see, Winston will be better next year too. Left Tackle? Martin will be a disaster at that.

Personally, I'd rather resign Long, sign Winston and trade Martin. I like the kid, but he has absolutely no sand in his pants. If it doesn't change dramatically, he is a bit of a bust. :(
I think Martin requires some time to adjust his body and technique. Bulking up in the gym and some practice will turn things.

Eric Winston could solve the RT spot, allowing coaches to focus on Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom