Chris Grier: “I don’t want to pick 11th.” & Other Notes | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier: “I don’t want to pick 11th.” & Other Notes

hand-holding-mirror-193x300.jpg

Alright, that's funny.

All garbage talk. Don’t care what they say. Prove the talk come draft time. BPA available they always say and then they overdraft some scrub like we’ve seen so many years before.

Agreed. They really should have traded down last year, but I guess they got lucky by not taking Forrest Lamp. Still, could have had multiple picks.

If we trade up for a guard then I am done with this team for real.

Chubb is the ONLY player in this draft that I'd trade up for, with the exception of jumping a few spots for Smith if necessary.
There will be no need to trade up for Smith. He's not going top 10

Ozzy rules!!

Its not tape that is the problem. It is measurables. In fact, tape and production is ignored in favor of 40 times. bench press, cone drills, height, weight, and hand size. The combine has become the replacement for scouting.

Watch tape didn't give us Dion Jordan, watching him run around in shorts did.

Welcome to the NFL.

I feel like our fanbase has unrealistic expectations for the draft when compared to the rest of the NFL. Our picks don't miss any more often than most other teams in the NFL. We're still pushing out the old. We just got done with year two.

Take the best player available at 11. Stop the foolish drama.
but who's the best player? You have 3 guys trying to decide who the best player is and if you ask them you might get 3 different names

Ozzy rules!!

This is actually a terrible draft class. So the experts say.. We should just give Cleveland Parker , Round 1 this year and Nexts year plus a 3rd this year for 1st pick and Josh Gordan.. Then take Mayfield

No offense, but ideas like this reminds me our front office could be worse than it is.
Josh gordon = No
Mayfield first overall = no
Trading away high pics = h3ll no

Did anyone watch Tannenbaum Grier and Gase presser today? Tannebaum and Grier come off as completely clueless. Same clueless press conference they always have. How can we not do better than these two? HOW???!!

This will be a QB shell game once again. The more that go . . . the merrier. Here's hoping all 5 of those guys kill their work outs and pro days . . . although it is pretty much a given that Rosen, Darnold and Allen go top 10.

If Mike Vick can go #1 overall . . . Lamar Jackson can go top 10 as well. The one guy I'd leave out is Mayfield but in this QB desperate league you just never know.

How do you feel about Mayfield? I know he doesn't have the physical measurements of a prototypical QB, but I am curious to see how he compares in dissecting defenses and accuracy. I have only watched him once in the bowl game this last week and he seemed to have a very solid grasp of the offense, etc. I haven't really looked into it and I am not sure how his skills translate to the NFL, but he seems like he has everything going for him except size. To me, he's a very intriguing prospect.

Greir isn't the problem. Tannebaum is.
Grier is part of the problem. Was he not the director of scouting for years? He really has no eye for talent cause he whiffed on so many prospects.

Hell, I'd rather have 2 or 3 of our draft geeks on here in the front office doing Griers job than him.

Grier is part of the problem. Was he not the director of scouting for years? He really has no eye for talent cause he whiffed on so many prospects.

Hell, I'd rather have 2 or 3 of our draft geeks on here in the front office doing Griers job than him.

What does the director of scouting do? Since you think he missed on all these players.

Yeah we really screwed them when we gave them a 2nd rounder for AJ Feeley...he was a great QB for us.
We really made out when we took that horrible Byron Maxwell salary off their hands so they could get rid of a bum CB and free up more cap space and when they gave us Kiko Alonso who didn't fit their scheme cause their scheme requires their linebackers to cover TEs and actually tackle people.
We got a heck of a deal when we gave them a pro bowl RB for just a 4th round pick...a late 4th no less. Don't mind the trade of the player, don't like the value. A real GM would have gotten at least a 3rd.

Yep...definitely win-win in all those scenarios.
gJMiphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom