Colts Want to Reunite Sean Smith with Vontae? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colts Want to Reunite Sean Smith with Vontae?

We play them, so we'll run to smith's side and throw deep to Davis' side.

I'm going to call it now. If we let Sean Smith walk, it's going to bite us in the ass. We simply don't have the resources to replace 2 starting WRs, starting TE, starting LT/RT, 2 starting CBs, and whatever else everyone wants to let walk because how dare they not play for the vet minimum. Smith is a competant CB who has had success against high-end WRs in this league. You don't replace that so easily...

For the right price why not. Davis is by far the superior cb overall throughout his career though. Seems stupid to overpay for any team.

We need to move forward, Smith time is done in MIA.

"And 2nd year Quarterback Ryan Tannehill broke Norm Van Brocklin's single season passing game, becoming the first qb to ever eclipse 600 yards passing in one game"

I'm going to call it now. If we let Sean Smith walk, it's going to bite us in the ass. We simply don't have the resources to replace 2 starting WRs, starting TE, starting LT/RT, 2 starting CBs, and whatever else everyone wants to let walk because how dare they not play for the vet minimum. Smith is a competant CB who has had success against high-end WRs in this league. You don't replace that so easily...

Hmm 8 to 10 million is a long way from the veterans minimum.

The Colts aren't going to grab this guy. After seeing what they got from Vontae, they certainly aren't going to be paying big money for an even worse corner...

HAHA at releasing (or not resigning) Sean Smith biting us in the ass. Seriously what has he done that is note worthy? Nothing, not one single thing. He is a dime a dozen DB who has trouble tackling and takes 20 yards to turn once he gets spun around.

HAHA at releasing (or not resigning) Sean Smith biting us in the ass. Seriously what has he done that is note worthy? Nothing, not one single thing. He is a dime a dozen DB who has trouble tackling and takes 20 yards to turn once he gets spun around.

And has dropped a ton a picks.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

I agree to an extent with the poster above, he had success against everyone the first half of the season and EVERYONE was talking elite. And he played very well against "big name" receivers like Johnson and the monster that is Green, so we know the capability is there. If he lowers to 6 -6.5 mil I would ink him up before the minute passed. I don't like the idea of creating holes in an offseason where it's already difficult enough as is to fill all of them, but I also don't like the idea of over paying for potential.

It's going to be great on this board next season when we're getting torched through the air. The NFL becomes a more open/pass oriented league so what does Jeff Ireland do? He does away with his two proven CB's over a span of 7 months. The grass isn't always greener, which i guess a lot of people didn't learn when we traded Brandon Marshall with no contingency plan.

Back
Top Bottom