"Confirmation Of Interest In Rosevelt Colvin" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Confirmation Of Interest In Rosevelt Colvin"

Lauderdale and Miami are contiguous. I live in Lauderdale, but work in Miami. Taken together, there isn't a better place to live in the world. And what does Cinncy have to do with this? The guy plays for Chicago. You don't think he wants some warmer weather after playing in CHICAGO?

Originally posted by Aqua
Does anybody else remember that Derrick Rodgers led the nation in sacks as senior in college. You'd think he could pick up a few if the system ever called for a LB other than Zach to rush the passer. Why would we pay Colvin when he doesn't fit into our scheme?

I seriously think we could draft a LB in the 2nd round or 3rd round who could start immediately and we wouldn't lose a thing at the position. Why go pay money to some free agent when it's not that important of a position. As Jimmy Johnson always said when talking about this defense, "LBs are a dime a dozen." Probably why he was the last NFL coach to pay a LB over $1M a year.

You have a point and the "system" is just another thing that pizzes me off with our coaches. They don't seem to ever want to change anything with the system, what they start out with is what we finish with. Upgrade with who we can affordably get and match the system to the players strenghths. Makes me wonder if they even know how to do that cuz they just use the same old boring scheme time after time.

DD..........................

Do you ever just wonder...

what people here are even talking about...

"buffalo, cincinatti, chicago, Toronto"...

Justafan/BuffaloFrench, what are you talking about?

:confused:

Originally posted by Aqua
Does anybody else remember that Derrick Rodgers led the nation in sacks as senior in college. You'd think he could pick up a few if the system ever called for a LB other than Zach to rush the passer. Why would we pay Colvin when he doesn't fit into our scheme?

I seriously think we could draft a LB in the 2nd round or 3rd round who could start immediately and we wouldn't lose a thing at the position. Why go pay money to some free agent when it's not that important of a position. As Jimmy Johnson always said when talking about this defense, "LBs are a dime a dozen." Probably why he was the last NFL coach to pay a LB over $1M a year.

Best post in the enite thread. I concur. Unless we change our defensive gameplan (complaints anyone?), we dont need Colvin and his HUGE salary.

i think we should get one of these available LB thats out there , I would prefer to go in this order :

Spikes
Simmons
Colvin
Peterson
Claiborne ( if he can play outside)

because with ricky now here as our offensive jugganaut, we just need one more playmaker on D to make the difference, and baby would i be excited to get to see spikes or simmons in a dolphins jersey

Ciao Alex from Berlin Germany

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Lauderdale and Miami are contiguous. I live in Lauderdale, but work in Miami. Taken together, there isn't a better place to live in the world. And what does Cinncy have to do with this? The guy plays for Chicago. You don't think he wants some warmer weather after playing in CHICAGO?

I live in Plantation. So. Florida is a great place if you,re single. But I wouldn't want to raise a family here. What was the theme of the series Miami Vice? Yup, drugs.

Oops my bad, I meant Chicago. Being that the bills are interested both in Colvin and Spikes. :D We have the cap for both of them Imagine if the bills got both (justadreaming) . RW and Fiedler would ask for a trade the next day.

I've lived in Florida, Texas, and New England, and drugs aren't any more common here than they are anywhere else. Actually, the worst drug broblems I ever saw were in small towns in Texas and the North East where kids had nothing better to do. And remember we're talking about football players in their 20's/early 30's. You want to party with that million dollars in SoFlo, or Buffalo? Easy decision!

Originally posted by justafan
Being that the bills are interested both in Colvin and Spikes. :D We have the cap for both of them Imagine if the bills got both (justadreaming) .

YAWN....:sleep:

You are dreaming. :lol:

No chance in HELL the Bills will spend the kind of money it will take to land both of them. You may get one of them, but you've got some serious problems at WR if you don't end up forking out for P. Price as well.....

You've also got some serious issues on your DL/OL as well. Your run defense last year was a joke, and D. Bledsoe was pummled for 50+sacks behind that thing you call an OL.... :lol: :lol:

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Re: Do you ever just wonder...

Originally posted by RHoffman
what people here are even talking about...

"buffalo, cincinatti, chicago, Toronto"...

Justafan/BuffaloFrench, what are you talking about?

:confused:

It would be very hard for you to understand. Maybe someday...:lol: j/k

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
YAWN....:sleep:

You are dreaming. :lol:

No chance in HELL the Bills will spend the kind of money it will take to land both of them. You may get one of them, but you've got some serious problems at WR if you don't end up forking out for P. Price as well.....

You've also got some serious issues on your DL/OL as well. Your run defense last year was a joke, and D. Bledsoe was pummled for 50+sacks behind that thing you call an OL.... :lol: :lol:

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

I think "(justadreaming)" beside that statement covered it. As far as DL and OL , I kinda talked about this already in another thread when you were gone looking for another team :D

Those are big words about out OL especially since they kinda opened holes for Henry when we beat you twice. Yup, our run D sucked last year , I won't argue that but your D , again couldn't stop Henry Twice. You guys use Lucas as an excuse when your D was partly to blame when the Bills swept your "former" favorite team.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as DL and OL , I kinda talked about this already in another thread when you were gone looking for another team :D

Funny....:lol: :lol:

I like this clown!!

I've always been a Phinz fan, and that's what I'll always be. Just because I seem to express my displeasure about the Phinz alittle more vividly than most others, doesn't mean I'm willing to jump ship after a life's worth of loyalty....

The Phinz are my team. It's in the blood....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Funny....:lol: :lol:

I like this clown!!

I've always been a Phinz fan, and that's what I'll always be. Just because I seem to express my displeasure about the Phinz alittle more vividly than most others, doesn't mean I'm willing to jump ship after a life's worth of loyalty....

The Phinz are my team. It's in the blood....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Phinz is your team, up until playoffs come arround and then you guys disappear. It's a good thing you guys didn't make playoffs or else the league would've laughed at you finfans for not selling out a playoff game 3 years in a row. :lol: Can't say I blame you.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
What can I say? South Florida is clogged with loser New Yorkers...it tends to screw things up.

LMAO! I actually agree with on this one.

Phinz is your team, up until playoffs come arround and then you guys disappear. It's a good thing you guys didn't make playoffs or else the league would've laughed at you finfans for not selling out a playoff game 3 years in a row. :lol: Can't say I blame you.

At least we made it there five out of the last six years....

When was the last time the Bills made the playoffs???.....

The last time I remember, D. Flutie became a permanent stain on the turf at Pro Player!!.....

It must be tough on all the Bills fans not knowing what it feels like to win 9-11 games a season. It must also be tough not knowing what it feels like to win a Super Bowl. It must suck that's for sure....

As for the home playoff games, you're wrong. They all sold-out, just not before the deadline.....

However, a sell-out is a sell-out no matter how you slice it...:tongue:

PHIZ RULE!!!:fire:

Back
Top Bottom