"Confirmation Of Interest In Rosevelt Colvin" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Confirmation Of Interest In Rosevelt Colvin"

Point is whether we suck or not we're loyal fans. I used to watched most of last years games in a bar full of finfans and they all had the same sentiments early in the season, "wait til' towards later in the season and we'll start to suck." LOL! They were right.

Finfans are known to be one of the most fairweathered fans. It may not apply to you but it's true. My friends are fans of diferent teams, what do you expect everyone from out of state there in Fla., although a couple of them are finfans they both agree.

Blitz, now that Marvin Lewis in the Bengals coach, why don't you look into cheering for them Who knows? LOL!

I'll fully agree that Miami doesn't have as many SOLID fans as other teams do, but those that are I'd put against any team in any sport. The problems Miami faces with beating blackouts are two fold...

#1-We have a transient fan base-Heck, I just moved back to SoFlo after living outside the state for the last 10 years. As such, a lot of our fans that grow up with the Phins, don't live in SoFlo as adults. Conversely, a lot of football fans that live down here grew up rooting for other teams. That's not the case in GreenBay, Buffalo, New York, Chicago, etc where fans grow up and live in the same place. Also, most fans of other teams are legacy fans...their dad rooted for the Bills, and they root for the Bills. Here, most fans parents rooted for a different team.

#2-There are other things to do in SoFlo than JUST football, especially around Playoff time. That's not the case in cities like Buffalo, GreenBay, etc.

Man for man(or woman), I'd put Dolphins fans against ANY teams fans. But as a local fanbase, we fall well short of most other sports towns.

Originally posted by justafan
Phinz is your team, up until playoffs come arround and then you guys disappear. It's a good thing you guys didn't make playoffs or else the league would've laughed at you finfans for not selling out a playoff game 3 years in a row. :lol: Can't say I blame you.

That's not true, the Dolphins always sell out their games, just not in time for the blackout rule. I guess that prob has something to do with living in paradise with so many options other than going to a football game.

Oliver...

Finfans are known to be one of the most fairweathered fans. It may not apply to you but it's true.

Very very true, and you can see a wide selection of them on any MBoard!

Oliver...

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

#2-There are other things to do in SoFlo than JUST football, especially around Playoff time. That's not the case in cities like Buffalo,

Wrong, there's the CFL in neighboring Canada.... Yikes.
They go swimming in Niagara falls.

Miami , a paradise? Hawaii is a paradise. The only thing that's got Miami going is So. Beach. Anyone been there Lately? A lot of the Hotels are slowly shutting down.

It used to be a Paradise, but now it's starting to be nothing more than an extention of Cuba. It's sad really. Can't get any directions w/o bringing a bag of Spanish with me. No way will I walk downtown at night. Clubs tend to be snotty. Funny thing is the guys that decide who enters the clubs don't even speak a word of english.

This has gone way OT. Sorry.

Back to Colvin. He will be a bills and so will Spikes
:D

Wrong, there's the CFL in neighboring Canada.... Yikes.
They go swimming in Niagara falls.

Miami , a paradise? Hawaii is a paradise. The only thing that's got Miami going is So. Beach. Anyone been there Lately? A lot of the Hotels are slowly shutting down.

It used to be a Paradise, but now it's starting to be nothing more than an extention of Cuba. It's sad really. Can't get any directions w/o bringing a bag of Spanish with me. No way will I walk downtown at night. Clubs tend to be snotty. Funny thing is the guys that decide who enters the clubs don't even speak a word of english.

This has gone way OT. Sorry.

Back to Colvin. He will be a bills and so will Spikes
:D

Hey, I'm half Cuban, so that's part of what makes SoFlo great. And every lareg city has areas you don't walk through at night, Houston, Boston, New York, each and every one. And as for Hawaii, it's a paradise, but unless you're pulling down 3-400k a year, good luck living there. For the money, you can't beat SoFlo...heck, even YOU live here...:lol:

I am Spanish, well half actually. I don't have a problems with Cubans. I have a problem with any hipanic that move to Florida just so that they don't have to learn how to speak English. Months ago Bellsouth(phone co. for those who are not familiar) either transferred or laid off people who didn't speak spanish in Hialeiah. I know that's the nature of business. But the last time I checked Hialeiah was still part of America.

Half Spanish...

half Buffalo French!!!!!!!!!

I've been to Miami three times in the last year...and I have also been to Buffalo and I live in Philadelphia...

Buffalo and Philadelphia are incredibly horrible places to be.

Actually, on Miami Beach, many hotels are being contstructed...as well as condo-hotels.

:tongue:

By the way is hipanic a combination of being hip and manic...how about pulling out your Buffalo French dictionary and letting me know.

:lol:

Jim Bates each year has changed a few of the X's and O's in his defense to compensate for the talent. In 2000 we got plenty of passrush so by 2001 Bates broke out some new coverage schemes (most notably the Cloud coverage) that would take advantage. In 2001 our passrush suffered terribly and we didn't have any blitzes or 8 man fronts even in the playbook and its hard to add those mid-season.

So in 2002 Bates added both blitzes AND eight man fronts to the playbook and employed them pretty successfully.

In 2003 its hard to say what kinks he will add. He's got players complaining vocally that we don't ever ever ever play zone...both Sam Madison and Zach Thomas are fed up when Zach gets the assignment to cover a WR one-on-one. We've also got the real possibility that we're adding a stud at OLB capable of getting sacks, pressures, fumbles, and stuffs. Meanwhile the pass coverage in the secondary DEFINITELY struggled at times. I would not be surprised at all if Bates added the zone blitz to our playbook.

constructed...

not contstructed...my bad...at least I admit when I make a mistake...buffalofrenchy.

:lol:

I am Spanish, well half actually. I don't have a problems with Cubans. I have a problem with any hipanic that move to Florida just so that they don't have to learn how to speak English. Months ago Bellsouth(phone co. for those who are not familiar) either transferred or laid off people who didn't speak spanish in Hialeiah. I know that's the nature of business. But the last time I checked Hialeiah was still part of America.

I agree completely. My father learned english, and I see no reason why anyone under the age of 65 shouldn't be able to do the same.

"Jim Bates each year has changed a few of the X's and O's in his defense to compensate for the talent. In 2000 we got plenty of passrush so by 2001 Bates broke out some new coverage schemes (most notably the Cloud coverage) that would take advantage. In 2001 our passrush suffered terribly and we didn't have any blitzes or 8 man fronts even in the playbook and its hard to add those mid-season.

So in 2002 Bates added both blitzes AND eight man fronts to the playbook and employed them pretty successfully.

In 2003 its hard to say what kinks he will add. He's got players complaining vocally that we don't ever ever ever play zone...both Sam Madison and Zach Thomas are fed up when Zach gets the assignment to cover a WR one-on-one. We've also got the real possibility that we're adding a stud at OLB capable of getting sacks, pressures, fumbles, and stuffs. Meanwhile the pass coverage in the secondary DEFINITELY struggled at times. I would not be surprised at all if Bates added the zone blitz to our playbook."

Ahhhh! but the servant waits while the Master Bates, I mean bathes.

Back
Top Bottom