"Confirmation Of Interest In Rosevelt Colvin" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Confirmation Of Interest In Rosevelt Colvin"

CK you are always right on. I think some of us here dont' have a clue on what's going on sometimes. I'm still fascinated by the fact that a our defense ranked in the top 5 in the league and number 1 in the conference are asking for him to be fired. The only thing I see wrong with our defense is that we dont always match up our top CB with the opponents best WR. I think that bates will change that this year as well as to implement alot more zone coverages and zone blitz. Everything else in my opinion felt on the shoulders of the players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I'm sorry I forgot to laugh...

I was too busy chuckling at your Bills franchising Peerless Price!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It boggles the mind how little you know about tagging. We can still release that tag before the draft. I bet you didn't know that.

Plus this gives us time just so that Price doesn't go anywhere.

Jeez...

it only happened with Jeremiah Trotter last year in Philadelphia...
but I didn't know about it right...

Guess what happened there...

The franchise tag caused a massive rift between the player and the team...very possibly like it will between Price and the Bills.

You better hope you can deal him because he isn't going to be a happy camper now.

:D

...sorry, the most fair weather fans are chiefs fans. they're all in your face when they are doing good and "don't talk to me" when they are not. that's why schottenheimer is no longer here. ran him out on a rail...

i am from the north east, spent time in upstate NY and Philly. i have family in miami. live in the mid west. it's all the same except for the weather....

back to topic; i believe that wanne knows his time is short if he does not produce. i will be suprised if he does not "make" some scheme changes, therefore i think a colvin type LB would be a great addition.

Originally posted by justafan
I live in Plantation. So. Florida is a great place if you,re single. But I wouldn't want to raise a family here. What was the theme of the series Miami Vice? Yup, drugs.

Oops my bad, I meant Chicago. Being that the bills are interested both in Colvin and Spikes. :D We have the cap for both of them Imagine if the bills got both (justadreaming) . RW and Fiedler would ask for a trade the next day.

I can tell you this for an absolute fact. If I ever dreamed that WE could wind up with both Spikes AND Colvin, well, it would damn sure be wet !!! :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D

DD.............................

Originally posted by justafan
It boggles the mind how little you know about tagging. We can still release that tag before the draft. I bet you didn't know that.

Plus this gives us time just so that Price doesn't go anywhere.

I thought that once a player is tagged, whether F or T, the tag satys with that player as long as he is under contract.

DD................................................

I think tagging a player is a 1 year at a time thing. Its one year at the average of the top 5 or 10 paid players at that position. Basically it gives you another year to try to sign long term.

Ok, I don't feel like reading all 52 posts so excuse me if this has been said. But, that Cole guy from the Hearld was on WQAM tonight (may still be on), and he made a good point that I agree with 100%. We won't go anywhere near Colvin because he isn't our type of LB. Colvin blitzed almost every 3rd down last year. We don't blitz. Colvin is a coverage LB, we don't like coverage LBs (I don't know why). We are better off going after Spikes or someone else.

Hmmm I wouldnt mind if Spikes becomes a Phin but I really believe the Saints have the upperhand. Supposely the Saints want to make him a MLB and from what I hear he can really excel at the MLB position. The Saints are going to be about 23 million dollars under the cap( Sammy voided his last year, and Norman Hand will be a cap casualty), meaning they can offer Takeo the contract he needs to get out of Cinci. But if the Saints dont get him then I hope the Phins do . The Bills are really stupid for tagging Price, a transition tag would have been smart but a Franchise tag??? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom