Cote: Dolphins should start Tannehill, Moore and Garrard are a waste of time | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cote: Dolphins should start Tannehill, Moore and Garrard are a waste of time

Blaine Gabbert situation waiting to happen. Mothball him.

blaine gabbert is failing for totally different reasons...poor comparison

I guess a decent point can be made either way. One thing is for sure though, Im alot more comfortable with Philbin making that decision than I would have been with Sparano calling the shots. Our head coach has been through this before so if he decides Tanny could benefit sitting for a year, I dont have the credentials to argue with him...

The debate is over the experience of live games and getting first team reps in practice is better than sitting and watching film and getting secondary left over reps in practice.

What's the big deal? If the matter is at all close, get him out there.

I think it is an outstanding comparison.

Both QB's were/are not ready to compete in the NFL.
Both QB's had/have limited weaponry
Gabbert looked shell-shocked and like wasted pick in just one season.

I think they should take the Aaron Rogers/Carson Palmer/Steve McNair approach.

blaine gabbert is failing cause he has no pocket presence and is scared ****less of contact...his eyes are on the rush more than downfield...ryan tannehill is a plus on both those fronts

I guess a decent point can be made either way. One thing is for sure though, Im alot more comfortable with Philbin making that decision than I would have been with Sparano calling the shots. Our head coach has been through this before so if he decides Tanny could benefit sitting for a year, I dont have the credentials to argue with him...

We have a league mvp, Superbowl winning, future hall of game qb Tannehill can sit behind?

Blaine Gabbert situation waiting to happen. Mothball him.

If you really think Tannehill brings the same potential to the table that Gabbert does then starting him now is a good thing so we are in a position to draft Barkley. Gabbert fails because he is chicken little!

If he looks the best, by all means start him. But if not, you don't just throw him out there "to see what he's got" or do it because "we're not contending". The rest of the team knows who the best QB is and they want him starting. If you start the rookie just because "he was drafted #8", you probably lose the locker room

The competition and the coaches will decide when he is ready. For now I will trust their knowledge and experience.

Wow every report out there talked about sitting RT the first year as the smart thing if you were the team drafting him. Now some dumb A@#@ reporter who has never coached anything in his life refutes that and everyone is climbing on board. Ryan T will get his chance this year if he is worthy and if not we can afford to give him a little more time to find out and still draft a QB next year if needed.

Oh you mean he didn't have a crap O-line last year and no receivers? That's precisely how you get a rookie QB scared of contact and running for his life all the time.

I forgot, Tanny is impervious to those things. He is Superman.

Oh you mean he didn't have a crap O-line last year and no receivers? That's precisely how you get a rookie QB scared of contact and running for his life all the time.

Blaine Gabbert is failing because he sucks. The guy looks like a deer caught in headlights when there's a pass rush.

Blaine Gabbert is failing because he sucks. The guy looks like a deer caught in headlights when there's a pass rush.

Thanks for the in-depth analysis.

He struggled last year because he was a rookie coming from a spread offense forced to carry a team with no pass-protection and weapons to throw to. Many scouts (also guys like Mayock & Brandt) complement his pocket presence in college. So what changed? It's pretty obvious.

We've now got our own guy with the same short stint in college, running a spread-option, playing on our squad with huge question marks at O-Line and Receiver.

Right, so Tannehill should sit until we build a super team around him right? It's never gonna happen pal, and I'm sick of the excuses. If Tannehill is a QB worthy of the 8th overall pick then he'll develop well and get to the point where he'll make those around him better like the rest of the good QBs in the league. If he's not, then I want to find out sooner than later.
Our WR corps sucks, granted, but our o line isn't that bad and unless Tannehill has no concept of how to get the ball out on time then he won't get killed back there. He should have some nice outlets in the slot and in the backfield in the passing game with Bess, Bush, and Miller, and the running game shouldn't be terrible.
I'm sick of excuses and losing, we're rebuilding and Matt Moore and Dave Garrard both suck. Start Tannehill and see what he's got for Christs sake.... But he can't even get into camp so u guys already have a built in excuse for why he sucks OR why he can't get on the field.

Back
Top Bottom