Cote: Dolphins should start Tannehill, Moore and Garrard are a waste of time | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cote: Dolphins should start Tannehill, Moore and Garrard are a waste of time

Those coaches didn't know what they were doing, why would Philbin be any different? All hired by clueless owners. No surprise Don Shula is still the only Miami head coach to lead the Dolphins to more than one AFC East title.

I guess we could either run a fan poll for all these decisions or maybe you can get Don Shula to come out of retirement?

Philbin is the coach and if we will win then he needs to run the team. If he stinks he will get fired but I think he is entitled to at least a few games before you say he doesn't know what he is doing.

Keep bringing up Aaron Rodgers "simmering" for 2 years on the bench and then POOF that was the magical reasoning he became a beast of a QB. How about the only reason he was on that bench was because there was a guy named BRETT F**KING FAVRE in front of him. We don't have that.

What ever you think this is a major factor.

then let's hear what these two have so much in common...drop it on us

I would love to...
1. Both QB's have little experience at the college level in terms of starts...Gabbert 31/Tannehill 25
2. Both had mixed results in college in terms of production against legit teams
3. Both were over-drafted and hence have high expectations.

Again, perhaps not Tannehill's fault, but both are similar in that the weaponry for both teams is not as strong as it might be next year.

I think you guys that want Tannehill from day one are A) setting him up for failure and B) creating a really, really long season for the team in general.

Start Garrard so that the team can compete. Start Garrard so the Philbin era is not a disaster out of the gates. Start Garrard because he gives you the best chance to win NOW.

IF Tannehill gives this team the best chance to win, than start him ASAP. Right now that is not the case.

The argument could be made that since Henne sat for a year and still sucked, sitting would do Tannehill no good, but these situations are quite different. Henne was a 4 year starter in college who had experience in a pro style offense and was supposed to be a relatively polished prospect. Tannehill was a WR for much of his college career and only played QB for a little for than a season. Mark Sanchez was handed the starting job after starting for even fewer games than Tannehill and was a miserable failure as a rookie. Sitting an inexperienced passer like Tannehill makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom