"Could Munchak Be the Man for Dolphins O-line?" DON'T TEASE ME! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Could Munchak Be the Man for Dolphins O-line?" DON'T TEASE ME!

Is there any basis for this rumor, or is it just off-season masturbating?
Did you not read the article? He was fired. Was on the Fangio led team. Perhaps Vic pushes for him with MCD or even that McD wants him already? We need someone.

And here's one of the players Munchak will covet at 51.

Cody Mauch
Mauch would be a hard, hard pass for me at 51. We have a lot of holes on the roster and I don’t want to add other “OT” with 32” arms that ends up being moved inside to guard. Not a huge fan of D2 guys that will be 25 as rookies either (that includes the Hunt pick in 2020).

Did you not read the article? He was fired. Was on the Fangio led team. Perhaps Vic pushes for him with MCD or even that McD wants him already? We need someone.
So masturbating it is.

The NFL coaching realm is like six degrees of Keven Bacon. Almost anyone that has been around for more than a minute can be linked in some way with anyone else.

Unless he personally puts out some feelers noting some desire to unretire, or the organization contacts him about doing so, there is no valid reason, IMO, to believe this has much chance of happening.

Let me ask you this. What do you think the odds of him coming? 50%? 10%?

Can you even rationally put a number on it?

Mauch would be a hard, hard pass for me at 51. We have a lot of holes on the roster and I don’t want to add other “OT” with 32” arms that ends up being moved inside to guard. Not a huge fan of D2 guys that will be 25 as rookies either (that includes the Hunt pick in 2020).

Good points. I am not a Robert Hunt fan myself but that has more to do with his lack of interest in finishing plays and his penchant for standing around.

We do need a LG though.

Interesting cake, I have always liked Hunt and think he can be a force with some good coaching. But I’ll defer to people more in the know of lineman.

Interesting cake, I have always liked Hunt and think he can be a force with some good coaching. But I’ll defer to people more in the know of lineman.

I'd never call him a force, this team can't convert short yardage situations. Doesn't mean he sucks, he's average. He's just not special in the least.

Armstead is obviously the only one on the OL who's special but we know the problem there.

Reinforcements are needed.

You can't be THAT bad at third and 1.

I'd never call him a force, this team can't convert short yardage situations. Doesn't mean he sucks, he's average. He's just not special in the least.

Armstead is obviously the only one on the OL who's special but we know the problem there.

Reinforcements are needed.

You can't be THAT bad at third and 1.
True but notice I said CAN be a force, really looking forward to see if he develops

Robert Hunt became a bit of a cult hero after his screen pass catch and TD plunge. His PFF grades are also good, placing him in the top half of guards. I believe that's why he's seen as good around here.

I don't dislike him, but he hasn't developed into the mauler they said he would. That very well could be attributed to the lack of talent around him and the poor coaching he's received here

I do agree with you, @The Ghost irt his lack of push in short yardage. He should be much better than he's shown to be.

I think he's slow in accelerating to the punch point. However, I thought he was solid when forced to RT at season's end. He has choppy feet, and I think he's better suited at RT in this scheme.

This offense requires quick and agile interior lineman like Connor Williams, and we just don't have any.

Robert Hunt became a bit of a cult hero after his screen pass catch and TD plunge. His PFF grades are also good, placing him in the top half of guards. I believe that's why he's seen as good around here.

I don't dislike him, but he hasn't developed into the mauler they said he would. That very well could be attributed to the lack of talent around him and the poor coaching he's received here

I do agree with you, @The Ghost irt his lack of push in short yardage. He should be much better than he's shown to be.

I think he's slow in accelerating to the punch point. However, I thought he was solid when forced to RT at season's end. He has choppy feet, and I think he's better suited at RT in this scheme.

This offense requires quick and agile interior lineman like Connor Williams, and we just don't have any.

Agree on Hunt. One problem I see is some who think all 22 starters should perennial All-Pros year 1. A solid starter (Hunt) not achieving that is a 'bust.' FH members who understand football know that's a delusion. Hunt can be upgraded, but he's WAY down on priority.
I also agree on coaching. OL play is largely technique, given basic athleticism. Whoever the OL coach is, there is talent in Miami. He just needs to develop it to the max

Good points. I am not a Robert Hunt fan myself but that has more to do with his lack of interest in finishing plays and his penchant for standing around.

We do need a LG though.
Lack of finishing plays? Did you see him leap into the EZ and pummel those Ravens DBs while stretching his arm out over the goal line to break the plain? He looked like a very out of shape Ricky Williams there!!!!

Lack of finishing plays? Did you see him leap into the EZ and pummel those Ravens DBs while stretching his arm out over the goal line to break the plain? He looked like a very out of shape Ricky Williams there!!!!

Your talking about one play, one time, against DB's. That's not the standard he's set for himself.

He was the 39th pick in the draft. He's not brag worthy. He's not someone I am considering a $10M+ plus salary to after 2023. I'll take the comp pick and wish him luck should he ever have to face Christian Wilkins.

I certainly don't think he's bad, especially given the franchise he plays for, he's just not a piece for me. He's not someone I feel good about.

Most people don't agree with me on Hunt, which is fine, so you're in the majority on RH.

Your talking about one play, one time, against DB's. That's not the standard he's set for himself.

He was the 39th pick in the draft. He's not brag worthy. He's not someone I am considering a $10M+ plus salary to after 2023. I'll take the comp pick and wish him luck should he ever have to face Christian Wilkins.

I certainly don't think he's bad, especially given the franchise he plays for, he's just not a piece for me. He's not someone I feel good about.

Most people don't agree with me on Hunt, which is fine, so you're in the majority on RH.
I was joking and referring to the illegal catch play :)

He seems to be an ok player. I don’t think he plays “mean” enough. His off the field personality is one of a gentle giant IMO

I was joking and referring to the illegal catch play :)

He seems to be an ok player. I don’t think he plays “mean” enough. His off the field personality is one of a gentle giant IMO

Ya, he’s ok. He’s not my biggest gripe with the roster and I’m not eager to create another need. But I’m not sure he’s seeing an extension next year. Im definitely still rooting for him.

Maybe better coaching will get more out of him.

Back
Top Bottom