"Could Munchak Be the Man for Dolphins O-line?" DON'T TEASE ME! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Could Munchak Be the Man for Dolphins O-line?" DON'T TEASE ME!

Eichenberg is not a fit in ZBS. He has no lateral agility, no punch power, short arms, and appears soft. At this point, try and get a late round pick to find an actual fit.

Jackson has the feet, but he's had some unfortunate injuries, and the surgery to remove an organ for his sister derailed progress and development in strength and technique. He's a family super-hero, but its affected his professional career a lot. This is a yuge offseason for him.

Deiter was always a wasted pick. He was drafted because he was a Wisconsin offensive lineman. Wisconsin had a propensity of quality lineman sent to the NFL that developed well.

Dieter lacked strength, agility, and explosiveness out of stance. He was switched to 4 different positions along the OL in his career. Sound familiar? Eich has far more of a future than Dieter, but they both are not good, nor are they fits for ZBS. They are both stiffs.

ZBS IOL do not have to be strong and powerful, but it certainly helps; and, they most possess lateral agility, explosiveness out of stance, understanding of technique and leverage, and move well beyond 10 yards.

When fit there's not many better at LT than Armstead I'd still like to see Williams at LG, RG we have Hunt that just leaves C & RT in limbo. Whether we draft or get someone from fa like a Pocic for 7 mil a Yr to keep Tua clean. Then it's just RT maybe She'll can be that guy full time. But with a really good ol coach like Munchak could make all the difference

Good points. I am not a Robert Hunt fan myself but that has more to do with his lack of interest in finishing plays and his penchant for standing around.

We do need a LG though.
The issue I have with D2 lineman is questionable coaching and lack of competitive snaps. It’s not really a big deal if they are younger prospects. When they will be 25 as rookies, it just feels like they have very little upside.

Hunt was viewed by some scouts as “plug and play” at RG. He’s had ups and downs, but overall I’d say he is a slightly above average RG. That being said, he is definitely not a guy that you are happy about selecting 39th overall and handing a $10M per year extension.

I know most people have written off Austin Jackson, but he is 8 months younger than Mauch with 3 years of NFL coaching. I’d prefer to see a new OL coach try to salvage the young players we have and maybe add a 1-2 quality vets that can start if things don’t work out. I’m not talking big money guys, just capable starters.

Robert Hunt became a bit of a cult hero after his screen pass catch and TD plunge. His PFF grades are also good, placing him in the top half of guards. I believe that's why he's seen as good around here.

I don't dislike him, but he hasn't developed into the mauler they said he would. That very well could be attributed to the lack of talent around him and the poor coaching he's received here

I do agree with you, @The Ghost irt his lack of push in short yardage. He should be much better than he's shown to be.

I think he's slow in accelerating to the punch point. However, I thought he was solid when forced to RT at season's end. He has choppy feet, and I think he's better suited at RT in this scheme.

This offense requires quick and agile interior lineman like Connor Williams, and we just don't have any.

He’s a legend in my mind for this look and smile that followed. It’s infectious. Bought a Hunt retro. Makes me smile every time I see it hanging in my closet.

B1790922-C4A4-40F9-84D6-C2217F59C428.jpeg

Agree on Hunt. One problem I see is some who think all 22 starters should perennial All-Pros year 1. A solid starter (Hunt) not achieving that is a 'bust.' FH members who understand football know that's a delusion. Hunt can be upgraded, but he's WAY down on priority.
I also agree on coaching. OL play is largely technique, given basic athleticism. Whoever the OL coach is, there is talent in Miami. He just needs to develop it to the max
I totally agree. Hasn’t Hunt played at a top 32 level for both a tackle and a guard? That makes him not just a starter but the best at his position on most teams since each team has 2. Anything in the top 64 is a starter level. I know that’s what I like about him. Everyone on here is looking for a top ten player at every position. They lose sight of where the talent is on this team. Robert Hunt, Elandon Roberts, Jerome Baker, and Conner Williams at Center are all good players but get hate because they aren’t first team all pro’s. And guys on here love to over hype other teams players.

Baker is being paid to be Zach Thomas. Not hating him at all but you cannot honestly with a straight face say he has gotten better since signing that contract.

Robert Hunt became a bit of a cult hero after his screen pass catch and TD plunge. His PFF grades are also good, placing him in the top half of guards. I believe that's why he's seen as good around here.

I don't dislike him, but he hasn't developed into the mauler they said he would. That very well could be attributed to the lack of talent around him and the poor coaching he's received here

I do agree with you, @The Ghost irt his lack of push in short yardage. He should be much better than he's shown to be.

I think he's slow in accelerating to the punch point. However, I thought he was solid when forced to RT at season's end. He has choppy feet, and I think he's better suited at RT in this scheme.

This offense requires quick and agile interior lineman like Connor Williams, and we just don't have any.
I actually view Hunt as the litmus test for our line. If he’s our worst starter we’re doing pretty damn good. If he’s one of our top 3 starting OL it probably means we need to upgrade some positions. But I’m okay with him being our RG for years to come because that is literally the least discussed position on the OL, possibly on the entire offense (save for fullbacks, possibly) and he’s good enough to simply forget about being there. Maybe that’s not a high bar, but you can’t really have world beaters at every position with the cap, so just knowing what we’ve got there is good enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom