Crowder on Dolphins GM Ireland: ‘He’s not a good person’ | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crowder on Dolphins GM Ireland: ‘He’s not a good person’

Channing is not helping his career at all with these remarks. Hopefully he saved his money because the only place he will get a shot is in the CFL...

He would have a real hard time keeping up with the speed of that game. I don't see him making that scene at all.

Maybe if he Euro league hadn't failed...cept, he doesnt even know where Europe is.......

Channing is not helping his career at all with these remarks. Hopefully he saved his money because the only place he will get a shot is in the CFL...

Most any expert in the applied "art" of job interviewing will tell you that bad-mouthing a previous employer ranks among the top 5 or so fatal "no-no's! Whether justified or not, it comes across as deflecting accountability and makes the prospective new employer think: "hell, if he's publicly airing the last company's dirty laundry/throwing it under the bus, it's likely he'll end up doing the same with us. Who needs negative press? Pass!"

Factor in a mediocre track record of performance and the probability that teams will be queuing up outside Channing's agent's door...let alone backing up the Brink$ Truck for him IMO will range from low to non-existent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most any expert in the applied "art" of job interviewing will tell you that bad-mouthing a previous employer ranks among the top 5 or so fatal "no-no's! Whether justified or not, it comes across as deflecting accountability and makes the prospective new employer think: "hell, if he's publicly airing the last company's dirty laundry/throwing it under the bus, it's likely he'll end up doing the same with us. Who needs negative press? Pass!"

Factor in a mediocre track record of performance and the probability that teams will be queuing up outside Channing's agent's door...let alone backing up the Brink$ Truck for him IMO will range from low to non-existent.

Spot on, I have been a IT Consultant for 13 years and you never ever ever bad mouth a former partner or colleague in an open forum. This just shows how truly stupid Channing is..

Lots of people thought that Ireland's questioning of Dez Bryant was inappropriate. I did not see that question as inappropriate. Anyone who has been in the military has been asked far worse questions, especially if you have a security clearance.

You know there is a valid reason for asking these questions for a security clearence like possibly life and death type reasons having control of dangerous items and such, to play in NFL is not even close to the same thing lets not even bring up these ridiculous comparisms. I have a secret clearence and thats basically a background check and a simple interview , now top secret is a total different animal. Most people in the military have never been asked any question close to this about their mom being a prostittute and if they have had to get a top secret security clearence they have been asked and investigated for a reason. Just in case anyone wants to act like I have no clue what Im talking about Im an active duty infantry soldier with a secret security clearence and has had a top secret interview and background check when I was going EOD so I do know what im talking about

You know there is a valid reason for asking these questions for a security clearence like possibly life and death type reasons having control of dangerous items and such, to play in NFL is not even close to the same thing lets not even bring up these ridiculous comparisms. I have a secret clearence and thats basically a background check and a simple interview , now top secret is a total different animal. Most people in the military have never been asked any question close to this about their mom being a prostittute and if they have had to get a top secret security clearence they have been asked and investigated for a reason. Just in case anyone wants to act like I have no clue what Im talking about Im an active duty infantry soldier with a secret security clearence and has had a top secret interview and background check when I was going EOD so I do know what im talking about

Is your Secret through DOD or DOE........there is a difference.

BTW: Dez is not the ONLY person to be asked such questions, he just happens to be the one in a situation to tell the world.

Due to SERIOUS character concerns, I am very glad we passed on Dez...and I was really pissed we passed on him when we did.

Lots of people thought that Ireland's questioning of Dez Bryant was inappropriate. I did not see that question as inappropriate. Anyone who has been in the military has been asked far worse questions, especially if you have a security clearance.

Not just that but the amount of money he was expected to get as a first round pick questions are not without limits as far as I am concerned but especially about his family. The issue I have now is some cannot let that question go even though Dez and Ireland have moved on from it.

Is your Secret through DOD or DOE........there is a difference.

BTW: Dez is not the ONLY person to be asked such questions, he just happens to be the one in a situation to tell the world.

Due to SERIOUS character concerns, I am very glad we passed on Dez...and I was really pissed we passed on him when we did.

Doesnt matter if others have been asked inappropriate questions if its wrong to ask and they chose not to speak on it doesnt make it right. We traded two draft picks and a lot more money for a player with much more character concern than Dez Bryant and its not even close chracter wise. So should we have passed on him

Not just that but the amount of money he was expected to get as a first round pick questions are not without limits as far as I am concerned but especially about his family. The issue I have now is some cannot let that question go even though Dez and Ireland have moved on from it.

Spent much more money on a guy that has been arrested about 10 times, was possibly the target of the fire that got Darrent williams killed and more issues. The amount of money does not make the question right or wrong. Its not an ethical question and you cannot make a case that his mom being a prostitute has anything to do with him being a football player. Now maybe if he was in charge of funds for the dolphins yes but there is no excuse. Im over it but there is no justification for even getting in this convo.

I'm not to keen on either. But I was hoping Ross would find another GM this off season. I think we did well in the coaching department, but if we plan on changing the whole culture we should have changed GM as well. It is not too late and if we did replace Ireland I would be good with it

I appreciate any and all negativity toward Jeff Ireland. Charismatic general managers are a treat, and a boost to the franchise both in league reputation plus local pride and interest level. Joe Thomas and Bobby Beathard seldom failed to leave a smile on your face whenever they spoke to the media, which was often.

I'm sure it will be argued that times have changed. Absolutely. We found a dullard stadium and employees to match.

I don't mind runaway arrogance when it's warranted, i.e. attached to unusual level of ability. Let me know when Jeff Ireland qualifies.

when u said "dullard stadium and employees" my first thought was the fans. worst in the league.

when u said "dullard stadium and employees" my first thought was the fans. worst in the league.

funny how the fans are always attacked here. I dont remember any empty stadiums or a website for fans that is never populated. Hmm how many fin fans dont buy merchandise or pay for Sunday ticket and such.

I'm pretty tired of the whole Ireland/Dez Bryant thing. If your a business which the NFL is and your about to invest millions of dollars in a player you want to know every detail about who the person is and where they come from. Ireland was doing his job PERIOD!!! If your an investor and your about to invest your own money into a company would you not want to know what kinda person who runs the company is and where he came from in every detail?

Doesnt matter if others have been asked inappropriate questions if its wrong to ask and they chose not to speak on it doesnt make it right. We traded two draft picks and a lot more money for a player with much more character concern than Dez Bryant and its not even close chracter wise. So should we have passed on him

Actually, not even close.

Dez Bryant has already had multiple run ins with the LAW here in Dallas.

On top of that, Jerra has also:

1)Assigned a permanent "Big Brother" to keep his a$$ out of the news, jail and other. That doesn't even seem to be working.
2)Paid off a HUGE debt that Bryant ran up on Jewelry right after getting into the NFL. He spent 100,000s of dollars on jewelry that he didn't have the money to pay for.
I'm telling you, there is already lots of really negative talk in regards to Dez Bryant here in Dallas.

THESE are the things that Ireland was prying into. For that matter, nobody outside the circle even knows the entire story of why he didn't play his last season at OSU. Good chance that the things that Ireland was probing for were directly related to that.

I'm not saying the questions were morally correct or not. Not something I would ask (And no, they don't ask you that verbatim on a DOD Top Secret clearance, I can personally assure you of that), but lets not act like Ireland is alone in this. Every FO is looking deep into something they are possibly going to be spending MILLIONS of dollars on. I would to. Its referred to as ROI. Tough to get a "Return On Investment" if that investment is behind bars.....

Obtained my TS clearance in 1979, MOS 98G(Chinese Linguist). Among the questions that I was asked: Have you had sex with animals? Are you a homosexual? Do you have friends who are homosexual? What is your family background? Is any of your family in the nut house? Have you done drugs? So Ireland asked about Bryant's background? So what?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe if Crowder made a big tackle or forced an INT/Fumble just ONCE in his whole career I would say, "Damn straight Channing, we hear you bro!!!!!" Zach Thomas on his worst day was 100% better than this turd.

He stuffed Shon Green on a big 4th and 1 and also broke up a screen to LT or Greene that would have went a long way in our 2nd game with the Jets last year.
He picked off Brady to seal a win over NE in 09.
I know he lit up Welker in 08 or 09 and think he popped Sammie Morris causing him to fumble in 2008. I know he caused a fumble his rookie year just don't remember who is was against.
2 100 plus tackle seasons.

I don't think Crowder is very good but at least know some facts before posting. This was off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom