Cutler better than Tannehill? No. This article says it all | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler better than Tannehill? No. This article says it all

And Bill Lazor is condemned as the worst offensive coordinator of all time despite dealing with those #32 and #31 lines. The adjustments and benefit of a doubt only attach where it aligns with the bias and preferred storyline. Lazor's schemes were "dismantled," or so we were told here.

What are the odds of one team having a string of the worst imaginable NFL coaches, whether they are head coaches or offensive coordinators or whatever? I'd say next to nothing. There are only a handful of elite coaches and a handful of coaches who probably advanced too far. That is sampling normalcy. It will hold up decades from now, and decades after that. Otherwise it's a league that is logically congested, via every team having access to the same collegiate talent pool, revenue sharing, coaching pool, and basically the same coaching salary structure.

Joe Philbin, Mike Sherman and Bill Lazor were not terrible coaches. They occupy that vast Crowd category of coaches. They become denounced as inferior only because fan bases prefer to believe they are annually wronged. The national media hates us. The schedule makers hate us. The referees slant against us. Our great players are held back because our coaches are so inept.

The only real "adjustment" needed from you was that the qb ypa number was not a qb driven one with lazor relative to Adam gase but an offense driven one.

Last edited:
Tannehill would be the statistical anomaly of the millennium if he's still another Tom Brady right under our noses.

I remember last season there was a thread comparing him to Alex Smith and most of his supporters, even his most fervent supporters, were OK with the idea that he could be another Alex Smith for us. So what are your thoughts on the matter now that the team with the actual Alex Smith has traded up in the first for another QB?

Tannehill would be the statistical anomaly of the millennium if he's still another Tom Brady right under our noses.

I remember last season there was a thread comparing him to Alex Smith and most of his supporters, even his most fervent supporters, were OK with the idea that he could be another Alex Smith for us. So what are your thoughts on the matter now that the team with the actual Alex Smith has traded up in the first for another QB?
Hopefully Miami trades up for one next year.

Why did the packers draft Rodgers when they had Favre? Or the pats draft Jimmy G. When they have Brady? Or the steelers drafting Big Ben when Maddox just threw for 30 tds? It's because those players were all in their mid 30's and good teams prepare for a players exit. I'm really hoping that question was sarcastic.

Also if you're going to SPAM the board with that same graphic, how about including a link explaining how it's calculated? I have no inclination to look it up because of your known agenda but my guess is that it's similar to espn's QBR.

An accurate opinion from anyone who thinks that PHilbin was an above average coach, right up til the day he was fired (yes, the very same Philbin who in the collective wisdom of the league is presently an OLC) is the "statistical anomaly"

Why did the packers draft Rodgers when they had Favre? Or the pats draft Jimmy G. When they have Brady? Or the steelers drafting Big Ben when Maddox just threw for 30 tds? It's because those players were all in their mid 30's and good teams prepare for a players exit. I'm really hoping that question was sarcastic.

Seriously. All of these "draft a 1st round QB to compete" posters, just won't admit that THE LEAGUE DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. The ONLY example anyone came up with was the Eagles drafting Wentz to replace Bradford. Truly amazing that a practice that is such a good idea happens so rarely.

So what are your thoughts on the matter now that the team with the actual Alex Smith has traded up in the first for another QB?

Already answered. I'm on board drafting a QB in the first round in Tannehill's 13th year. Satisfied?

And Bill Lazor is condemned as the worst offensive coordinator of all time despite dealing with those #32 and #31 lines. The adjustments and benefit of a doubt only attach where it aligns with the bias and preferred storyline. Lazor's schemes were "dismantled," or so we were told here.

What are the odds of one team having a string of the worst imaginable NFL coaches, whether they are head coaches or offensive coordinators or whatever? I'd say next to nothing. There are only a handful of elite coaches and a handful of coaches who probably advanced too far. That is sampling normalcy. It will hold up decades from now, and decades after that. Otherwise it's a league that is logically congested, via every team having access to the same collegiate talent pool, revenue sharing, coaching pool, and basically the same coaching salary structure.

Joe Philbin, Mike Sherman and Bill Lazor were not terrible coaches. They occupy that vast Crowd category of coaches. They become denounced as inferior only because fan bases prefer to believe they are annually wronged. The national media hates us. The schedule makers hate us. The referees slant against us. Our great players are held back because our coaches are so inept.
Exceptional post.

Stop being so desperate in disconnecting the two. It is all directly related.

You have to be told? You could also simply recognize that Lazor is now just a quarterbacks coach. That's what football thinks of "The Star's" schemes.

Stop being so desperate in disconnecting the two. It is all directly related.

Thats a very ironic thing to say, especially coming from you. Its just a coincidence that Peyton Manning always had a top rated o-line I guess.

Thats a very ironic thing to say, especially coming from you. Its just a coincidence that Peyton Manning always had a top rated o-line I guess.

No it's not. Stop ****ing around. Read it again until you understand my response and it's context.

Our poor offensive line play (and offense in general) was a direct product of a rudimentary scheme and shitty playcalls.

Take a hike with your nonsense. Read up on Howard Mudd if you want to know about Manning's offensive line success while in Indy.

Alex Smith is another quarterback with whom Tannehill is virtually interchangeable in my opinion. They both play at the average level, both are game managers who take care of the ball very well, and neither offers the sort of QB play that can surmount weaknesses elsewhere on a roster or regularly win quarterback shootouts against the elites of the league.

Notice that the Chiefs' 12-4 record in 2016 was generated largely by its very good pass defense, while Smith played at Tannehill's level, and that wasn't enough to win a home playoff game after a bye in which the Chiefs' defense played well, and Smith had a pedestrian performance.

Back
Top Bottom