Daniel Jeremiah on Rolando McClain | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daniel Jeremiah on Rolando McClain

So who's on the short list? Should we add anyone aside from Spiller?

Ryan Matthews is the guy I have as #2 RB on my board...and I think he's a damn good one. He could rise very high. It's not totally inconceivable that by the end of this thing he's going above Spiller.

after reviewing worilds some more i think he's the best non 270 plus lbs de at the poa vs the run who has good looking change of direction...looks natural to me standing up unlike kindle pierre etc...

definitely a guy at #43 for me as a solb

Absolutely I agree with everything there but doubt he makes it to #43.

good grief...crowder is a horrible blitzer...he like leaves hit feet when he gets in the backfield and doesn't get near the qb...almost like he beelines for the blockers and just jumps into them...lol

i think mcclain will be a more effective better blitzer than crowder...no question to me
I agree. Crowder has the blitzing ability, but he falls short everytime.

As for Worilds, definitely projects more to an OLB than to a DE imo. Living in Hokie country seen a lot of him. Just a very good all around player. I especially like his ability against the run. I'm of the opinion that Wake will be our weakside backer, having a Graham or Worilds on the strongside would be fantastic. We just don't have any OLB's who can stop the run. JT is solid in that aspect, but he's nearing retirement.

So who's on the short list? Should we add anyone aside from Spiller?

Ryan Matthews is the guy I have as #2 RB on my board...and I think he's a damn good one. He could rise very high. It's not totally inconceivable that by the end of this thing he's going above Spiller.

i love matthews...definitely my favorite every down rb in this draft...

our coaching staff didn't even let anthony dixon take any practice or senior bowl game reps as a rb...all fb

almost like maybe they were trying to hide him...lol

Absolutely I agree with everything there but doubt he makes it to #43.

maybe not...in a trade down late into round 1 i can see him also...of course if that shoulder doesn't check out i could see his value dropping significantly

i love matthews...definitely my favorite every down rb in this draft...

our coaching staff didn't even let anthony dixon take any practice or senior bowl game reps as a rb...all fb

almost like maybe they were trying to hide him...lol
Is it just me or did I notice a lot of that in the Senior Bowl with Jimmy Graham as well? They used him a lot as a blocker rather than a pass catcher.

Sorry CK, I usually enjoy your posts but I lost all credibility when you said "former national scout for the browns". The Browns? Really?

But if Ro runs a 4.8 at the combine in 2 weeks, he will drop fast and hard. We need speed at the LB position, inside and out, and McClain might be too slow, and CK has already said his change of direction is weak.

I tracked every rep that Graham had. One thing you have to keep in mind is these guys get limited reps period, and they do earn those reps during the practice week. During the practice week Anthony McCoy earned the start at TE and so he was the starting TE and played the most. Graham played, but they did keep him in to pass protect, probably because that's the biggest question mark people have. They released him on a fair number of patterns though. In the end it was probably half and half. He did some good things out in space. He uses his hands very well to get open among the big bangers on the inside, and I can remember one specific instance he did this against Edds (who I consider to be the overall best coverage backer in the draft) to where he absorbed a good physical bump out in the 5 yard area by Edds but used his hands to eventually get free on the cross, and I'll be damned if he wasn't free for a TD after that. The QB threw to the other cross, but I paid close attention to see if Graham was that open because of the QB's eyes or him starting in on his throw, but no it's just a matter of not finding him where if the QB clicked off to the other side he could have thrown the ball and it would be a TD. Other times Graham used his hands well to get free, as well. He also worked the sideline pretty well. I liked how he did that. He slowed up his outs to give himself enough room to operate and turn up field. He had another really nice looking catch on the sideline on a QB scramble about 15 yards up field.

But he also made mistakes. One was very costly. The interception that Edds got was totally on Graham who didn't get his head around quickly enough to find the ball and haul it in. It was within Graham's catch radius but he just let it whiz by and Edds accepted the gift.

I tracked every rep that Graham had. One thing you have to keep in mind is these guys get limited reps period, and they do earn those reps during the practice week. During the practice week Anthony McCoy earned the start at TE and so he was the starting TE and played the most. Graham played, but they did keep him in to pass protect, probably because that's the biggest question mark people have. They released him on a fair number of patterns though. In the end it was probably half and half. He did some good things out in space. He uses his hands very well to get open among the big bangers on the inside, and I can remember one specific instance he did this against Edds (who I consider to be the overall best coverage backer in the draft) to where he absorbed a good physical bump out in the 5 yard area by Edds but used his hands to eventually get free on the cross, and I'll be damned if he wasn't free for a TD after that. The QB threw to the other cross, but I paid close attention to see if Graham was that open because of the QB's eyes or him starting in on his throw, but no it's just a matter of not finding him where if the QB clicked off to the other side he could have thrown the ball and it would be a TD. Other times Graham used his hands well to get free, as well. He also worked the sideline pretty well. I liked how he did that. He slowed up his outs to give himself enough room to operate and turn up field. He had another really nice looking catch on the sideline on a QB scramble about 15 yards up field.

But he also made mistakes. One was very costly. The interception that Edds got was totally on Graham who didn't get his head around quickly enough to find the ball and haul it in. It was within Graham's catch radius but he just let it whiz by and Edds accepted the gift.

yeah r & r i'm with ck that graham was used a lot as an in line blocker cause that's the question i'm sure many people had about graham...they all know he's an extremely athletic fluid albeit raw player...i think our staff wanted to get a good look at graham in pass pro something they require in te's and something that keeps me from thinking a guy i really like in ed dickson would be on our radar...

and i agree ck that the edds int was a direct result of graham...

But if Ro runs a 4.8 at the combine in 2 weeks, he will drop fast and hard. We need speed at the LB position, inside and out, and McClain might be too slow, and CK has already said his change of direction is weak.

ro won't run a 4.8...i can pretty much guarantee that...unless he pulls up lame...lol

now brandon spikes that might very well be what he runs...

yeah r & r i'm with ck that graham was used a lot as an in line blocker cause that's the question i'm sure many people had about graham...they all know he's an extremely athletic fluid player...i think our staff wanted to get a good look at graham in pass pro something they require in te's and something that keeps me from thinking a guy i really like in ed dickson would be on our radar...

and i agree ck that the edds int was a direct result of graham...
Certainly seemed that way. Good to see it too. Taking advantage of the senior bowl to see see what you want to see from a player.

CK, what did you think of his blocking?

i think mcclain will be in the solid 4.6's

speed is not an issue...motor maybe physicality maybe...but not speed

Back
Top Bottom