Daniel Jeremiah on Rolando McClain | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daniel Jeremiah on Rolando McClain

Anyone with eyes can see that McClain is a read-and-react reacher. Spikes is an attacking ILB. And, he didn't have Cody to keep him clean. Spikes is the better fit in Miami.

i disagree...i had no idea a karlos dansby with even more upside was not a player worthy of pick #12...

especially considering EVERYONE and their mother wants us to go out and spend top money to get a 29 year old karlos dansby in free agency and upgrade our ilb core...

what the heck am i missing???

Anyone with eyes can see that McClain is a read-and-react reacher. Spikes is an attacking ILB. And, he didn't have Cody to keep him clean. Spikes is the better fit in Miami.

When my eyes look at Phil Merling, I see a guy who has no chance to play olb in a 3-4 given his current body. I guess our eyes all see something different. Cam Camerons eyes fell in love with Theodore Ginn.

i thought you'd be at the mens figure skating competition right about now zach... :lol:

if you see johnny weir around the olympic village punch him in the face for me... :up:

i thought you'd be at the mens figure skating competition right about now zach... :lol:

if you see johnny weir around the olympic village punch him in the face for me... :up:

Hoops, dont even get me started on the Olympics. never wanted them here. the only thing worth watching for me is the hockey tourney. the games are gonna be unreal. theres alot of ppl in the village Id like to punch in the face. lol.

and no, I dont like curling. dont even start.

The defensive scheme for Alabama was a more of a read and react scheme. McClain can't just start abandoning this scheme and attacking whenever he see's a play develop. He will be out of place and mess up the rest of the defense.

The defensive scheme for Alabama was a more of a read and react scheme. McClain can't just start abandoning this scheme and attacking whenever he see's a play develop. He will be out of place and mess up the rest of the defense.

He's smart. We have a great D coordinator. I can't see us drafting mcclain, and him screwing up the entire defensive scheme... this is your true opinion??

He's smart. We have a great D coordinator. I can't see us drafting mcclain, and him screwing up the entire defensive scheme... this is your true opinion??

A poster said he doesn't look like a sudden or an attacking LB. I said this is because he played in a read-n-react defense. He can't just start attacking when he wants to like Brandon Spikes can because of his defensive scheme.

A poster said he doesn't look like a sudden or an attacking LB. I said this is because he played in a read-n-react defense. He can't just start attacking when he wants to like Brandon Spikes can because of his defensive scheme.

find it hard to believe that with all these flaws people on here keep finding of him, and so many new aspects of the game that posters are finding that spikes is better at, that all the mock drafts and all the scouts reports you read online all still have mcclain a HIGH first round projection and spikes a 2nd rounder.

I keep reading how tough the alabama system is to run. I keep reading how many presnap responsibilities mcclain had. a butkus and lambert award winner, first team all american and sec dpoy.

I'm sure the dolphin coaches could find a way to make him agressive enough to appease your goals.

find it hard to believe that with all these flaws people on here keep finding of him, and so many new aspects of the game that posters are finding that spikes is better at, that all the mock drafts and all the scouts reports you read online all still have mcclain a HIGH first round projection and spikes a 2nd rounder.

I keep reading how tough the alabama system is to run. I keep reading how many presnap responsibilities mcclain had. a butkus and lambert award winner, first team all american and sec dpoy.

I'm sure the dolphin coaches could find a way to make him agressive enough to appease your goals.

What are you even talking about? I want McClain at 12. I am supporting him, saying he wasn't an attacking LB in college like Spikes because his system didn't allow it. It doesnt mean he cannot attack, it means his defensive scheme did not allow him too. Maybe you should understand the post before attacking it.

The entire "Cody keeps McClain clean" business is just a sweeping comment that is quite mis-informed....it's just very easy and lazy to assume...

Rolando McClain was making All-American while Cody was trying to make grades at the JUCO level...

McClain's production in every stat across the board is very consistent his entire career with or without Cody....not to mention the fact that McClain has played OVER half of his defensive snaps without Cody even being on the field.....

Most of McClain's "splash" plays, and most impressive plays that he's made have come when Cody wasn't even on the field...

Jesus people....CK has already provided a nice little cut-up of McClain for everyone to see a while back....all you have to do is pay attention...

Even the game that everyone likes to knock McClain for (vs. Auburn), he won the award for SEC Defensive Player of the Week for his 12 tackle, 1 sack, 1.5 TFL, 1 PBU performance...

And if you bother to renegotiate all those cut-ups again....pay attention to Spikes as well....and his tendancy to "tackle high"...especially when he virtually whiffs on Trent Richardson...

Basically, what Spikes "attacks" is piles when the ball carrier is already tackled....you get him out in space and he's lost...can't get off blocks, etc...

I think Spikes is a decent prospect...just never had a 1st round grade on him....there's really no need to trash any prospect in order to make another look good....if the film can't sort it out for you...then you might as well be watching I Love Lucy re-runs instead...

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you even talking about? I want McClain at 12. I am supporting him, saying he wasn't an attacking LB in college like Spikes because his system didn't allow it. It doesnt mean he cannot attack, it means his defensive scheme did not allow him too. Maybe you should understand the post before attacking it.

I wasnt' attacking your bro. rest your neck, it was just my opinion. I know you want mcclain, I have read your other posts. I was just giving my 2 cents about others trying to shed light on weaknesses flaws, that really aren't there.

I understood your post just fine, it's apparent you misunderstood mine.

good day.

The entire "Cody keeps McClain clean" business is just a sweeping comment that is quite mis-informed....it's just very easy and lazy to assume...

Rolando McClain was making All-American while Cody was trying to make grades at the JUCO level...

McClain's production in every stat across the board is very consistent he entire career with or without Cody....not to mention the fact that McClain has played OVER half of his defensive snaps without Cody even being on the field.....

Most of McClain's "splash" plays, and most impressive plays that he's made have come when Cody wasn't even on the field...

Jesus people....CK has already provided a nice little cut-up of McClain for everyone to see a while back....all you have to do is pay attention...

Even the game that everyone likes to knock McClain for (vs. Auburn), he won the award for SEC Defensive Player of the Week for his 12 tackle, 1 sack, 1.5 TFL, 1 PBU performance...

And if you bother to renegotiate all those cut-ups again....pay attention to Spikes as well....and his tendancy to "tackle high"...especially when he basically whiffs on Trent Richardson...

Basically, what Spikes "attacks" is piles when the ball carrier is already tackled....you get him out in space and he's lost...can't get off blocks, etc...

I think Spikes is a decent prospect...just never had a 1st round grade on him....there's really no need to trash any prospect in order to make another look good....if the film can't sort it out for you...then you might as well be watching I Love Lucy re-runs instead...

Agreed on everything you said.

I thought that was a jab, my fault.

Back
Top Bottom