Daniel Thomas | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daniel Thomas

I would seriously consider it too.
Daniel Thomas has never shown anybody anything, I'm not gonna rely on Reggie Bush being healthy all the time, and Slaton was cut and replaced for a reason.
T Rich looks a lot like Peterson as a prospect, the kid runs through brick walls, he is VERY impressive.

After the Houston game, people were proclaiming him the next big time RB.

Fans on this board are funny. They have a hard time putting things in perspective sometimes. As a rookie who missed a couple of games and was a backup, he still ran for 600 yards. It wasn't always pretty, but he showed that he has potential. He was the 2nd leading rookie rusher. You don't give up on somebody on a whim.

Alot of people all offseason are going to label him as a bust or not impressed. Not saying you should be but I will say this. This guy had no offseason with his team. He had injuries early and on and off.

Next year i expect him to be in a much better supportive role to Bush as he will study Bush and get it right. He was cutting back at time earlier but lost it these past few games. But I dont give up on players who had last years offseason.

Henne & Thomas ... Ireland's Frick & Frack 2011 NFL Offense that couldn't even Three-Peat!!

LoL .

we beat the jets wahhh lets complain more.

friggen fish fans, if i was a HC i'd say The only "weather" that makes a difference to me is the Fiar-weather and even non-weather fans. no thanks.

relax.

the kid had some good games and some bad ones. today was a bad day. slaton lookin pretty good.

either way - reggie bush is the man .

There's also the probability that T Rich is the BPA where we draft, and taking the BPA (like u know, what the winning teams do) is a philosophy that we should probably start adhering to.

First we traded out 3rd and like a 5th to trade up very late in the 2nd round to take the guy which actually worked out very well as far as trade value. The ONLY running back taken in front of him who is still playing and not on IR is Ingram who was taken late in the first round and basicially has the very same stats. Seeing how well Ricky and Ronnie are playing now Ireland made the right move at that point in the draft IMO. We had no real running back on board and Bush was a hope and prayer pickup that paid off.
If I were to belabor a pick in that draft it would have been Pouncy in the first round who has played well in hindsight but if a trade down were available Ireland should have taken it for a late round gamble on Ryan Mallet with a additional 3rd round pick to have been used on a OL.
If we had taken Ingram at the end of round 1, Mallett in round 2 and the best OL avaialbe in round 3 the guys yepping about Ireland would be in love with him. Many of those same guys or fans were the same fans who really felt strongly about us getting Marshall. Well Marshall cost us 2 2nd round picks one of those being in last years draft where Ireland stated he tried to move up to get Mallet but did not have enough ammuntion to do so. Just cannot have it all.

There's also the probability that T Rich is the BPA where we draft, and taking the BPA (like u know, what the winning teams do) is a philosophy that we should probably start adhering to.

I agree with the BPA philosophy, except when it comes to RB's, especially in the top 10. You can find RB's anywhere in the draft. Look at the leading rushers from this year.

MJD-2nd round pick 60th overall
Mccoy- 2nd round pick 53rd overall
Foster- Undrafted
Gore-3rd Round
Ray Rice- 2nd round 55th overall
Michael Turner- 5th round

RB's are a dime a dozen, there's no point taking one in the first round.

Lol I am on my phone so I am not doing multiple quotes! Mizfit you have come a long way just trust me this kid is soft!

You don't carry a D1 offense on your back and considered 'soft'. Give me a break.

if anyone in this thread knocked DT for not being healthy throughout the season, i've got no excuses for that. if anyone in this thread knocked DT for how he played as a ROOKIE when he was HEALTHY, they were watching entirely different dolphins' games than i was. and i'm pretty damn sure there were only 16 games this season (excluding preseason).

Ridiculous reactions in this thread. DT has been every bit as effective as Ingram (a 1st rounder). DT will do fine.

Don't like the idea of taking him at all. Taking RB's in the top 10 is a waste IMO unless they are going to be an elite RB in the NFL and even if you think Richardson is going to be elite, we're pretty set there with Bush and Thomas.

Not saying I want Richardson but to act like we are set long term with Bush and thomas is far from a fact. Bush after many dissapointing years finally performed and Danial Thomas and his amazing 3.5 yards a carry is hardly cemented himself as our runningback of future

First we traded out 3rd and like a 5th to trade up very late in the 2nd round to take the guy which actually worked out very well as far as trade value. The ONLY running back taken in front of him who is still playing and not on IR is Ingram who was taken late in the first round and basicially has the very same stats. Seeing how well Ricky and Ronnie are playing now Ireland made the right move at that point in the draft IMO. We had no real running back on board and Bush was a hope and prayer pickup that paid off.
If I were to belabor a pick in that draft it would have been Pouncy in the first round who has played well in hindsight but if a trade down were available Ireland should have taken it for a late round gamble on Ryan Mallet with a additional 3rd round pick to have been used on a OL.
If we had taken Ingram at the end of round 1, Mallett in round 2 and the best OL avaialbe in round 3 the guys yepping about Ireland would be in love with him. Many of those same guys or fans were the same fans who really felt strongly about us getting Marshall. Well Marshall cost us 2 2nd round picks one of those being in last years draft where Ireland stated he tried to move up to get Mallet but did not have enough ammuntion to do so. Just cannot have it all.

Dont understand how u compare Ricky and Ronnie this year. Ricky has played well this year probably better than Thomas considering he doesnt run alot but his average is definately much better and doesnt have a whole lot less yeards

If Richardson is there at 8/9 they have to take him, dude is special

SLATON looked A LOT better than THOMAS.

I agree with that. I just think we should've let Thomas carry it more than split it 50/50.

Thomas gets better with more carries, example is the Texan game, so I wish we would've let him get 5 or 6 more carries to see if we could get him going. I would've liked to see him end the season on the high note.

I'd like to see us re-sign Slaton as our 3rd back. He's a good backup for the Bush role that we need in our offense.

Back
Top Bottom