Daniel Thomas | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daniel Thomas

He was ugly out there. He's not a young rookie and didn't show much in this first year except that he's injury prone. DT and Gates got their chances and showed very, very little. Ireland trading up to take DT over Murray is pretty damning as to his ability to gauge talent.

Dont understand how u compare Ricky and Ronnie this year. Ricky has played well this year probably better than Thomas considering he doesnt run alot but his average is definately much better and doesnt have a whole lot less yeards
Ronnie had done 0 and Ricky is playing on old legs and showing it as Baltimore used him in spot duty. DT when he was healthy looked just fine and when he was drafted his durability was his strong point where Ingram was already beat up. Leshoure and the kid from WV both running backs taken in front of DT never made it out of training camp and are on IR. I am sure that Ireland would not have traded up had they had not been drafted in front of DT.

Don't like the idea of taking him at all. Taking RB's in the top 10 is a waste IMO unless they are going to be an elite RB in the NFL and even if you think Richardson is going to be elite, we're pretty set there with Bush and Thomas.[/QUOTE I think Reggie is great, but I am not so sure that we are "set" with Thomas. I hope he improves.

He was ugly out there. He's not a young rookie and didn't show much in this first year except that he's injury prone. DT and Gates got their chances and showed very, very little. Ireland trading up to take DT over Murray is pretty damning as to his ability to gauge talent.

Nursing a hamstring makes you injury prone? Hmmm. How many games did he miss while at KSU?

No NFL offseason. No offseason to prepare his body for the grind of the NFL.

Groins and Hamstrings are the worst. They really never go away, without complete rest. I point to Andre Johnson, Vontae Davis and others who struggled this year being "injury prone".:rolleyes2:

3.5 yards a carry yea he is awesome, while our other back gains 5 a carry

Ronnie had done 0 and Ricky is playing on old legs and showing it as Baltimore used him in spot duty. DT when he was healthy looked just fine and when he was drafted his durability was his strong point where Ingram was already beat up. Leshoure and the kid from WV both running backs taken in front of DT never made it out of training camp and are on IR. I am sure that Ireland would not have traded up had they had not been drafted in front of DT.

Ricky is the backup to Ray Rice how many carries do you think he would have, its not about old legs. Funny how so many act like Bush is the next coming and he still had less rushing yards than Ricky had a couple of seasons ago while only starting seven games while Bush was the starter for almost all games. Ricky was used not much less than Danial this year and he still played well difference is he is behind a workhorse who is among the best in the league

Ricky is the backup to Ray Rice how many carries do you think he would have, its not about old legs. Funny how so many act like Bush is the next coming and he still had less rushing yards than Ricky had a couple of seasons ago while only starting seven games while Bush was the starter for almost all games. Ricky was used not much less than Danial this year and he still played well difference is he is behind a workhorse who is among the best in the league

Ricky actually had more carries that year than Bush did this year. Bush also averaged more yards per game than Ricky did that year.

Ricky actually had more carries that year than Bush did this year. Bush also averaged more yards per game than Ricky did that year.

never said he averaged more carries I said he had a better year. Thats like saying Sproles had a better year than Bush because of his ypc

Well next year should tell the tale about DT. Most of the hype on this board IMO about DT is that he was picked ahead of Ryann Mallet who was predicted by some very highly repected posters on this board to go in the first round as 1 of the top 3 QB in last years draft and Ryan selection in the 3rd round left those posters with a little mud on their face on their prediction and they have been raking the Phins brass over the coals every since. Well it looks like the rest of the NFL draft boards felt the same way the phins did. Even NE who picked him used a throw away pick on the dude in the 3rd round. They have picks to spare and gamble everyone knows it. Only thing that is left is if Ryann Mallet turns out to be a good qb for those guys to save a little face. Rickly was picked up as a backup by the way as why have a starter behind Rice?

DT was far from impressive this year and left so much to be desired - for me anyways... 0 rushing TD's and below the benchmark for a productive YPC average at 3.5 is not good at all. If next year he is not averaging at least 4.0 YPC he should be considered a bust. He has alot of work to do. He was given a chance to shine this week and did not take advantage of his opportunity by averaging an abysmal 2.3 YPC. Steve Slaton outperformed him on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom