Darlington: Martin texts Incognito "I don't blame you guys at all...." | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Darlington: Martin texts Incognito "I don't blame you guys at all...."

NFLPA is now getting involved, per ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9913324/sources-nflpa-eyes-miami-dolphins-richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-case

It doesn't matter WHO is to blame or WHAT the story is.... you don't want the NFLPA and lawyers sniffing around your team. They don't get paid to report glowing reviews. This could turn into a PR nightmare for the team.

Regardless of what people think of Martin, he's a human being. Everyone is taking the news with disbelief and taking the sides of everyone else on the team. And what if there was something going on? What if Martin is the only person in his own corner?

School shootings, hazing and bullying, in general. No one in this world likes it when the mob turns on them. People ALWAYS jump to the side of the accused when bullying is brought to the spotlight. A silent voice inside of us is glad it's not use because most of us have experienced it. Yet, being in those moments should have given us insight into the reality of how bullies tend to be wearing the "I was just" or "I didn't do anything" or "I'm innocent" robe when attention is brought to their actions. Yet, everyone still takes the side of the bully.

Frankly, I don't care if it is football. I don't care if it is organized sports for grown men. Their comes a time when being a human supersedes any affiliation with social groups to establish an identity.

It's obvious this is more than one incident. But the weak shall cling to the group and support the accused.

Frankly, their comes a time when those in the mob should realize they have crossed a line and have failed at being a human. The cowards move to the rear and cling to the only protection they have, the group. Yet, they singled out a fellow human and decided to take out their failures on him.

I hope the cowards are found. I hope the truth is found. And I hope the trash is taken to the curb.

Every group has an opportunity to govern itself. When it fails to do so at the expense of others, it's time for the group to be accountable for its actions.

Blame Martin all you want for his reactions. He simply reached the point where enough was enough. Those carrying out the acts had plenty of chances to police themselves. But they went to far and now they must be dealt with. They had their chances. They brought this on themselves.

Martin has every right to live as a human being. Regardless of the situation or his state of mind. Those around him should have been more responsible to themselves and him. They failed as humans. Not him.

Why do you insist on catagorizing it as BULLYING?

As I remember, he played well at times, very tenacious, but he was really strange off the field. I don't know why his career ended, probably injuries.
His team mates probably kid napped him and tied him up. That was my point. At least he wasn't a quitter.
ha - I totally missed it. I thought he was just into some weird sh*t! Imagine what Martin would have done if it was him?

I might have been thinking of Chuck Klingbeil. That era of never get off the field defense is now a blurr to me - there was a NT we had that got pushed all over the place.

As I remember, he played well at times, very tenacious, but he was really strange off the field. I don't know why his career ended, probably injuries.
His team mates probably kid napped him and tied him up. That was my point. At least he wasn't a quitter.

Hey , u want to act like a toughguy? u want to be a machoman? great but do it against the other team. We dont kill our own , is there any brains up there at all? we spend a 2nd round pick on this dude, n for this incognito who didnt cost anything to neutralize our 2nd round pick because he wanted to have a little fun can go straight to the gates of hell.

Hey , u want to act like a toughguy? u want to be a machoman? great but do it against the other team. We dont kill our own , is there any brains up there at all? we spend a 2nd round pick on this dude, n for this incognito who didnt cost anything to neutralize our 2nd round pick because he wanted to have a little fun can go straight to the gates of hell.

Stop acting like you know the facts when you don't

LOL at those quick to say "another wasted pick." You can't scout a guy's passion to play football.

What?

Teams poke and prod at players constantly to gauge their passion for the sport. GM's pass on players all the time if they dont feel they want it enough, its how you have guys like Mike Williams(Tampa) falling to the 4th round. While every team checks for that and keeps it in mind when writing up their reports on prospects, looking into that sort of thing was huge for Ireland's teacher: Bill Parcells. You dont think, maybe, it was big for Ireland as well? If Martin does quit due to his lack of interest, then this was most likely another Ireland misevaluation. God knows we've had enough of those over the last half decade, especially when it comes to our second round picks.

Every team screws up with these sort of things. Some incidents occur that are totally out of character. Thats forgivable. The problem is, we waste our resources far more then most teams. Hell, this isnt even the first 2nd round pick that Ireland was a part of that has quit football for a period of time.

Of course Martin blames them, this is just Martin trying to save face. He's a smart guy, he knows this is the only approach he could take.

Wonder if Martin will take that felony charge for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
He's such a ****ing victim. He participates in a feloneous act, and then
has the gall to complain about a prank?

what are u talkin about? we have plenty of "facts" on what happened already.

I must have missed where it was proven that Incognito harrassed Martin badly enough to cause him to have a mental breakdown. The only fact is that one source spit out a blurb that they were looking into Incognito. That is hardly enough detail to draw any sort of conclusion.

What?

Teams poke and prod at players constantly to gauge their passion for the sport. GM's pass on players all the time if they dont feel they want it enough, its how you have guys like Mike Williams(Tampa) falling to the 4th round. While every team checks for that and keeps it in mind when writing up their reports on prospects, looking into that sort of thing was huge for Ireland's teacher: Bill Parcells. You dont think, maybe, it was big for Ireland as well? If Martin does quit due to his lack of interest, then this was most likely another Ireland misevaluation. God knows we've had enough of those over the last half decade, especially when it comes to our second round picks.

Every team screws up with these sort of things. Some incidents occur that are totally out of character. Thats forgivable. The problem is, we waste our resources far more then most teams. Hell, this isnt even the first 2nd round pick that Ireland was a part of that has quit football for a period of time.

Sorry, but you can't scout passion unless a guy has openly said that he doesn't like playing football. That wouldn't be information you could attain unless you knew the person very well or were a damn good psychologist.

not sure what world you live in, but this happens in every team work environment - from football to 9-5 jobs back to the test of time..Obviously in the NFL it get exposed and magnified in this 24/7 media world.

Didn't understand your Incognito didn't cost us anything sentence - of course he does, he's on the Dolphins wage bill. Yes, Richie is an idiot, but as others have mentioned these are grown men & not school children. Some people maybe physical specimens, but weak minded and need help, which is fine & go & get it. However, if Martin and others think life in the NFL is a bed of roses, then his choice of profession is almost as bizarre as a fisherman who is scared of water.

Back
Top Bottom