Darlington: Martin texts Incognito "I don't blame you guys at all...." | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Darlington: Martin texts Incognito "I don't blame you guys at all...."

Sorry, but you can't scout passion unless a guy has openly said that he doesn't like playing football. That wouldn't be information you could attain unless you knew the person very well or were a damn good psychologist.

You can pick up the phone and talk to their college coach ...which I'm sure is done on just about every high draft pick. But even if a person enters the NFL with heart and desire, there's no guarantee they keep it. Interests change, priorities change, life changes. You can love it one year and be ready to walk away the next.

Sorry, but you can't scout passion unless a guy has openly said that he doesn't like playing football. That wouldn't be information you could attain unless you knew the person very well or were a damn good psychologist.

As it turns out, the toe wasn't the only red flag on Lacy. The running back acknowledged to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that many scouts questioned his love for football, which Lacy calls "the childhood game."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...acy-scouts-questioned-my-passion-for-football

After an insightful conversation with ultra-respected GM Ozzie Newsome, I think I get it. I think I understand why they are always competitive and why their players look like they’d play for free.

The Ravens scout passion. As Newsome told me, while watching tape they take their eye off the ball and watch how players move when they are not involved in a play — and they learn whether a guy is going through the motions or just lives it. For those with supreme passion, they can compromise on height-weight-speed standards.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/05/14/my-...ssionate-players-and-fill-the-team-with-them/

Looks like other teams have no problem scouting a players passion.

Wouldnt surprise me if Ireland is years behind other teams in that regard as well.

Hey , u want to act like a toughguy? u want to be a machoman? great but do it against the other team. We dont kill our own , is there any brains up there at all? we spend a 2nd round pick on this dude, n for this incognito who didnt cost anything to neutralize our 2nd round pick because he wanted to have a little fun can go straight to the gates of hell.

Get a grip man. Our GM made a mistake.
We have blown so many picks, it doesn't surprise me anymore. He was the weakest physically olineman at the combine, but we took him anyway with a high 2nd round pick.
Ireland got a great grade for draft value, but the franchise got a quitter and another wasted pick.
Incog is a former all pro and still a very good player. Strong, productive starter on most teams, and at the moment, one of the few players that are actually earning his money on the oline. So what if he committed a sophomoric prank on Martin. He didn't harm him physically. On other teams, worse happens. I just LOL at the outrage.
Martin is a turnstile. RT has bruises because of martin. He would be a back up project at best on most teams.
If our oline consisted of 5 Martins, the dline would carry them to the QB on their way to the QB sack.
Whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts exactly. We played a little better without him. Let him walk and let start ptaching the O line together from here.

If Martin can lose his cool getting pranked in the lunch room with team mates, imagine how the opposition dline will abuse him verbally.
"martin...dont cry Martin"..."Need a tissue for your issue"... Is the Ref going to be his mommy?
He has created another controversy by acting like a child. Mental illness...baloney. He is a pu.ss.y ...His father(if he knows who he is) is likely one too.
In the long run, I am glad this happened because I cannot stand to see RT getting killed on the field because of him.We won the game without him, and ran the ball well.
Let him walk and never look back.
Incog? I love his passion and sense of humor. He is a leader on and off the field. Get more guys like him on the oline...not sniveling cry babes.

If the guy needs a few days to get his mind right i don't see a big deal in it.
Going from left to right tackle the next week is a big switch! Was it Richie that came up with the name "Big weirdo"?

I'm sure Martin's father didn't take his sons bailout well. If your teammates aren't physically touching you or beating you, a man should be able to handle "bullying". This isn't 4th grade we're talking here.

Now if he has mental issues then that is another story.

There's some speculation he's gay and not being bullied. Just can't cope wth the NFL locker room and being gay in it.

There's some speculation he's gay and not being bullied. Just can't cope wth the NFL locker room and being gay in it.

Makes sense to me. He isn't the most rugged looking offensive lineman. Plus, a man doesn't have to say he's gay for others to think/know he's gay...it's pretty easy to figure out if a teammate likes cooch or not.

Makes sense to me. He isn't the most rugged looking offensive lineman. Plus, a man doesn't have to say he's gay for others to think/know he's gay...it's pretty easy to figure out if a teammate likes cooch or not.

LOL

I have a feeling that Martin let the emotions and frustration of his struggles get the best of him and reacted the wrong way with his teammates joking with him. Ran home, and then after he calmed his ass down was like WTF did I just do?? Called his agent and his agent came up with the Bully idea to find a way to save his contract from being terminated....

Which may have save him some money, but boy he single handledly cause turmoil with his teammates and organization. Now the dolphins have to go through due process with NFLPA, and Martin by laywer advise goes see a therapist....

]davehydesports: Source on NFLPA release on not investigating Incognito: Bullying, no matter national narrative, is not a primary issue in Martin saga

@JeffDarlington: NFLPA issues on-the-record comments to say Richie Incognito is not being investigated for bullying Jonathan Martin. It reads...

@JeffDarlington: NFLPA on Incognito/Martin situation: “In this case, we have not launched an investigation into Richie Incognito or other players in Miami."

]davehydesports: Source on NFLPA release on not investigating Incognito: Bullying, no matter national narrative, is not a primary issue in Martin saga

@JeffDarlington: NFLPA issues on-the-record comments to say Richie Incognito is not being investigated for bullying Jonathan Martin. It reads...

@JeffDarlington: NFLPA on Incognito/Martin situation: “In this case, we have not launched an investigation into Richie Incognito or other players in Miami."

Don't believe everything you read

Adam Schefter will be determined to nail Incognito on something.

Funny thing is neither Martin or incognito will be apart of our future. Our whole o line needs a make over

^^ THIS x a billion

I'd seriously draft about 4-5 olineman in this upcoming draft. Good year to take a fellow Cane OL seeing as they have some of the best in the country. Js...

Back
Top Bottom