Davone Bess is a Playmaker | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Davone Bess is a Playmaker

0.3 percent.

Wes Welker: 768 career catches, 13 for 40+ yards. 1.7 percent.

Now, to avoid looking at this in a vacuum, I suspect we should also consider the players around them and the strength of the teams they've played for, to help make sense of the one and a half percent difference between Davone Bess and Wes Welker.

Welker can make plays vertically down the field... see the 99 yarder against Miami. Bess cannot make plays vertically down the field even when the opportunity is there. Bess down the seam matched up in man coverage cost Tannehill an easy touchdown last year because he couldn't seperate.

Davone Bess couldn't score 9 TD's against green grass with Johnny Unitas throwing him the football.

Lots of weak responses here folks. I'll jump back into the conversation when there's something with any objective meat on it.

Lots of weak responses here folks. I'll jump back into the conversation when there's something with any objective meat on it.

How conceited and arrogant. You create a thread, and then get mad when people give their opinions in it.

I remember you. You are the same guy who compared Sparano to BB.

Bess is someone that we can live with. Would it be nice to upgrade him. Yes. But is he a position we "have to" upgrade...no.

Without Bess, Miami will need to find another guy to fair catch punts 75% of the time and to return the other 25% of them 5 yards.

How conceited and arrogant. You create a thread, and then get mad when people give their opinions in it.

I remember you. You are the same guy who compared Sparano to BB.

Look through this guy's post history at all the stat spinning nonsensical threads just like this one that he's provided you in order to defend bum after bum.

This guy has to be an engineer with that attitude and knack for spinning digits.... I deal with 'em everyday.

"If you can't attack the evidence, attack the witness; if you can't attack the witness, bang on the table."

I really like Bess as I feel like he's under appreciated. However the guy isn't a playmaker. Very good slot receiver and will make nice plays, but he isn't a game changer

"If you can't attack the evidence, attack the witness; if you can't attack the witness, bang on the table."

I already attacked the evidence. Bess' "WPA" and the significance of his contributions are why Miami's offense is stagnant. Statistics are always a double-edged sword.

"Never argue with an idiot... because you can't win and nobody can tell the difference".

If Bess is a play maker why Ireland is scouting hard on Tavon Austin?

Back
Top Bottom