DeVante Parker | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeVante Parker

I'd just sit him. What is the point of having him play hurt? Let's see what the rest of the crew can do. Season is toast anyhow.

Injury prone or voodoo dolls no matter -- if your arse isn't on the field producing your vale = ZERO.

As far as toughness and gettin' it done under less than optimal conditions -- see Bob Bob Kuechenberg.

Other than that -- if it acts soft and plays soft -- it's probably soft.

I have him too, as well as OBJ. I'm done...
Funny, on my fantasy team I have Parker and OBJ also. Landry is my only solid WR. But fortunately, drafting Jay Ajayi, Todd Gurley, and Melvin Gordon early (I was expecting better years for them than most analysts predicted) have kept me in 2nd place in my league as my receiving corps gets devastated.

Kinda wild how many of us think alike in our fantasy picks!

Hopefully this "good news" about Parker is true. While we definitely want a full speed Parker, we all know that half of how Cutler is going to use him is just to throw it up and let him fight for a 50/50 ball anyway, so if he isn't at full speed or quickness, at least he can still use his body to shield off defenders. Personally, I want him to get his body right. I'm OK with playing Grant and Caroo more until Parker gets right.

Didn't practice yesterday or today. He will probably be listed as questionable, but it's very unlikely he plays.

Also, the notion of Parker "milking" his injuries is laughable. He's played 33/36 games in his career. It's an ankle injury. He's a wide receiver. What do you want the guy to do?

Hopefully Carroo has a nice enough game for a team to see him worthy of giving up a 5th round pick for. Should have some opportunities, as garbage time likely starts in the second or third quarter for us on Sunday.

I am a Parker fan, I look forward to watching him play. If he needs to sit out, no question he should sit out. He has a long productive career ahead of him.

Maybe that will allow someone else to step into a more prominent role, like Jakeem Grant.

At this point our offense needs to get vertical.

The optimist says: Offense can't be any worse even if one of the more talented players on it is removed.

Didn't practice yesterday or today. He will probably be listed as questionable, but it's very unlikely he plays.

Also, the notion of Parker "milking" his injuries is laughable. He's played 33/36 games in his career. It's an ankle injury. He's a wide receiver. What do you want the guy to do?

Hopefully Carroo has a nice enough game for a team to see him worthy of giving up a 5th round pick for. Should have some opportunities, as garbage time likely starts in the second or third quarter for us on Sunday.

Be durable like juice? I guess that's too much to ask for some, but not for a man like Jarvis or Tannehill pre-assault. I love Parker's talent, but he is definitely teetering on the line of being labeled "injury prone". It's a real thing, ask Sam Bradford, Marcus Mariotta, or Kevin White.

Last edited:
Truth be told, I never understood why the Dolphins were so hell bent on putting Lippett at corner. His senior season at MIchigan State he was a stud receiver.

Its why you don't use a 1st round pick on a guy who has had chronic injuries in college. His damn foot is being held together with a safety pin and chewing gum.

Back
Top Bottom