DeVante Parker | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeVante Parker

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports DeVante Parker's ankle injury is "minor."

RapSheet says Parker may be able to play this week. It would be welcome news for an offense struggling as much as any in the league. If he is healthy enough to go, Parker will be a fringe WR2 against the Falcons this week.

Mild sprain. Could play Sunday. Dont see him missing more than a game if so.

I get the frustration. But WR's run for a living, a sprained ankle isnt something I would consider "injury prone". I mean all 3 Giants WR's all got hurt during the same game.

I keep both him and Landry. Stills seems so distracted by this protesting crap. Probably why Gase put an end to it all.

Watch Still's post game interview, they just won a game and he seems like hes pouting bc he doesnt get him 15 mins of fame anymore. Clearly not focused on football. Gase was sending a message to the whole team with this.

Also, lets not act like Cutler is throwing downfield in the first place, so to say DVP or Stills have been dissapointing isnt fair. They arent even getting a change. Passing game is way out of wack without RT. Cutler has no timing or rhythm. WR's actually look surprised in the rare moment when a ball comes their way now. They clearly are giving up on him.

So if Parker ends missing just three quarters of football this entire season, then what? Mr. Glass?

10415.jpg

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports DeVante Parker's ankle injury is "minor."

RapSheet says Parker may be able to play this week. It would be welcome news for an offense struggling as much as any in the league. If he is healthy enough to go, Parker will be a fringe WR2 against the Falcons this week.

Ozzy rules!!

I get the frustration. But WR's run for a living, a sprained ankle isnt something I would consider "injury prone".

Date
Nov 27, 2016 NFL Back Lower Lumbar Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Parker hurt his back during Week 12 action and it kept him out of the next contest.
Aug 30, 2016 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Parker missed one preseason game after being diagnosed with a strained hamstring.
Aug 1, 2016 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Parker has been hobbled for a week with a hamstring injury during preason practice. He missed 1 preseason game.
Oct 29, 2015 NFL Pedal Foot Parker had an issue with scar tissue in his left foot but it was not a fracture. He missed the following two weeks as a result.
Jun 5, 2015 NFL Pedal Foot Fracture Parker reinjured his fractured foot in OTAs and had to have surgery. He was expected to be back by the beginning of the season and missed 3 preseason games.
Aug 22, 2014 Non-NFL Pedal Foot Fracture Parker fractured the 5th metatarsal in his left foot during practice and missed the first 7 games of the season.
Oct 7, 2013 Non-NFL Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain Parker injured his shoulder in the game against Temple and missed the following week's tilt against Rutgers.

So you would not call him injury prone.:arghh All of this and his play has been sporadic at best.

Good news, but I expect this will severely hamper him on the field, if he plays...

Just shut him down against ATL...

Now we're bringing up missing OTA's and preseason games ffs. You do realize that he'd participate in most of those if they were actual meaningful contests, right?

Oh, how I'd love to see a list of all the well respected vets around the league and how many of those they missed out on.

This thread reminds me of the Charles Harris thread. There's clearly an agenda here against Parker ignoring the fact that he's dealt with marginal at best QB play and offenses not revolving around him in his first three seasons.

Last edited:
Good news, but I expect this will severely hamper him on the field, if he plays...

Just shut him down against ATL...
He's probably our only shot at sniffing the redzone in Atlanta.

Otherwise it's first down incomplete, second and long short gain Ajayi, and third and long 4-yard completion for Landry short of the sticks. Haack another MVP performance.

Is anyone surprised he got hurt again? Another good player that can not stay healthy.
Are we sure he is even "good"?
I have not saw enough out of him to determine that yet...

I'm just frustrated like everyone else. Parker seemed like our only shot losing him was big but we overcame it. Defense looks good too bad the offense is crapola.

Back
Top Bottom