DeVante Parker | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeVante Parker

So how many wide receivers do we need to sign in free agency this year?
I guess I've never been completely sold on Parker. Between the injuries, lack of concentration at times and inability to consistently use his size to his advantage I figure if he doesn't fully develop you don't over pay him. You keep Jarvis if it has to be a choice. But what I really think will happen is that we keep Jarvis and Parker and let Stills go when the time comes assuming Parker is still in the picture.

Its why you don't use a 1st round pick on a guy who has had chronic injuries in college. His damn foot is being held together with a safety pin and chewing gum.
Everytime you post it's always one extreme to the next..

He had the same operation as Julio Jones, and his foot hasn't been an issue since TC of his rookie year..

He's played 33/36 possible games..Stop with the over the top exaggerations.

I guess I've never been completely sold on Parker. Between the injuries, lack of concentration at times and inability to consistently use his size to his advantage I figure if he doesn't fully develop you don't over pay him. You keep Jarvis if it has to be a choice. But what I really think will happen is that we keep Jarvis and Parker and let Stills go when the time comes assuming Parker is still in the picture.
You don't keep either at that rate.

I'd like to be a Parker fan but he's proven to be so inconsistent -- even when he's on the field -- I can't quite make the leap...

Get open. Make plays. Dominant as advertised. Otherwise you're just a mirage for the most part.

Funny, on my fantasy team I have Parker and OBJ also. Landry is my only solid WR. But fortunately, drafting Jay Ajayi, Todd Gurley, and Melvin Gordon early (I was expecting better years for them than most analysts predicted) have kept me in 2nd place in my league as my receiving corps gets devastated.

Kinda wild how many of us think alike in our fantasy picks!

You drafted three dolphins players in fantasy? That's not smart fantasy football.

You drafted three dolphins players in fantasy? That's not smart fantasy football.

Fantasy football is 90% luck. I know a guy who is 0-5 and is the highest scorer in the league and another that is 1-4 and the 3rd highest scorer. Many have lost stars to injury, which you can't predict, or suspension. I've won a league where I had the 6th or 7th best team. I love the people who think they know football because they've had some luck with fantasy.

Fantasy football is 90% luck. I know a guy who is 0-5 and is the highest scorer in the league and another that is 1-4 and the 3rd highest scorer. Many have lost stars to injury, which you can't predict, or suspension. I've won a league where I had the 6th or 7th best team. I love the people who think they know football because they've had some luck with fantasy.

Its true...Your luck in the schedule you draw is more important than the team you choose...
Get a schedule where you hit the hot teams every week? You finish near bottom
Get the patsy schedule where you get the duds? You are dominating..

NFL was BRILLIANT to dream up FFB...In the end it will not be enough to save it but it sure delayed the slide to NBA/MLB irrelevance.

Its true...Your luck in the schedule you draw is more important than the team you choose...
Get a schedule where you hit the hot teams every week? You finish near bottom
Get the patsy schedule where you get the duds? You are dominating..

NFL was BRILLIANT to dream up FFB...In the end it will not be enough to save it but it sure delayed the slide to NBA/MLB irrelevance.
Completely true. On paper I had what looked to be a dominate team after my draft. Brees, OBJ, D Adams, Hunt, Crowell, Walker, D Parker, Boswell, Seattle and that's in a 14 team league... I'm 3-2 losing by .8 and 6.02 points. Where the talent part comes in is waiver pick ups and possible trades. I made a trade for David Johnson and threw him in my IR spot because the guy needed an RB now so I sent him Doug Martin for DJ and Buck Allen. Just make the playoffs, then it's anyone's game.

None of our skill guys are special. Dunno where this notion of a great offense was coming from all off season.

Back
Top Bottom